Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Corbyn 12:42 - Jul 24 with 106155 viewsCountyJim

I'm going to vote for him was going to go with Burnham but the amount of crap he's put up with and with dignity

He's a man of principal don't share his views on the monarch but we all have different points of view
Jeremy Corbyn on 13:38 - Aug 26 with 1538 viewsdailew

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:28 - Aug 26 by jackonicko

I'm not sure how this thread got diverted into meaningless topics about privilege, social mobility and private education.

Back on thread. What's everyone's views on the important issue of women-only carriages?
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 13:29]

This is what he said.

"However, I would consult with women and open it up to hear their views on whether women-only carriages would be welcome - and also if piloting this at times and [on] modes of transport where harassment is reported most frequently would be of interest."

Not as bad as the headlines would suggest.

Quelle Surprise.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:44 - Aug 26 with 1524 viewsCottsy

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:28 - Aug 26 by jackonicko

I'm not sure how this thread got diverted into meaningless topics about privilege, social mobility and private education.

Back on thread. What's everyone's views on the important issue of women-only carriages?
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 13:29]

Sadly the policy proposal isn't quite as exciting as the right wing press would have you believe.

Rather than calling for women only carriages on all trains it actually says that a number women have suggested women only carriages to tackle harassment. If he was elected he would consult with women and if there was support for the scheme he would trial it on lines where there are frequent reports of harassment.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:45 - Aug 26 with 1523 viewsJackSomething

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:38 - Aug 26 by dailew

This is what he said.

"However, I would consult with women and open it up to hear their views on whether women-only carriages would be welcome - and also if piloting this at times and [on] modes of transport where harassment is reported most frequently would be of interest."

Not as bad as the headlines would suggest.

Quelle Surprise.

So it was all about ideas to stop women being harassed on trains? What a complete and utter basta*d.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:54 - Aug 26 with 1504 viewsCottsy

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:45 - Aug 26 by JackSomething

So it was all about ideas to stop women being harassed on trains? What a complete and utter basta*d.

Its typical of the hard loony left, listening to the legitimate concerns of women as if they were people or something.

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:05 - Aug 26 with 1489 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ched Evans was unavailable for comment.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:14 - Aug 26 with 1477 viewsjackonicko

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:44 - Aug 26 by Cottsy

Sadly the policy proposal isn't quite as exciting as the right wing press would have you believe.

Rather than calling for women only carriages on all trains it actually says that a number women have suggested women only carriages to tackle harassment. If he was elected he would consult with women and if there was support for the scheme he would trial it on lines where there are frequent reports of harassment.

Right wing press? I thought it was Burnham and Cooper that described his comments as "outdated" and "unhelpful".
Jeremy Corbyn on 14:22 - Aug 26 with 1464 viewsDarran

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:45 - Aug 26 by JackSomething

And that's the answer?
Yeah women don't wear short skirts,don't go out after dark and perhaps you won't get harassed.
Better than that all move to Lesbos.
F*cking hell.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:55 - Aug 26 with 1434 viewsJackSomething

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:22 - Aug 26 by Darran

And that's the answer?
Yeah women don't wear short skirts,don't go out after dark and perhaps you won't get harassed.
Better than that all move to Lesbos.
F*cking hell.

I'm not sure those suggestions are on the agenda, but you go ahead and knock yourself out.

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:06 - Aug 26 with 1428 viewsDarran

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:55 - Aug 26 by JackSomething

I'm not sure those suggestions are on the agenda, but you go ahead and knock yourself out.

Honestly I've never heard such bollox in all my life.
So you think segregating women is the way forward then?

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:14 - Aug 26 with 1420 viewsJackSomething

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:06 - Aug 26 by Darran

Not personally no, but I struggle to work up outrage over a party leadership candidate saying he'd be willing to consult with women and trial it if there was enough interest.

You're spinning it better than the Daily Mail could, fair play.

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:23 - Aug 26 with 1410 viewsDarran

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:14 - Aug 26 by JackSomething

Not personally no, but I struggle to work up outrage over a party leadership candidate saying he'd be willing to consult with women and trial it if there was enough interest.

You're spinning it better than the Daily Mail could, fair play.

So if it's "not personally no" why not say straight out that you disagree with it?

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:43 - Aug 26 with 1400 viewsCottsy

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:06 - Aug 26 by Darran

Segregating women FFS. Lets look at what JC has actually said today:

"CONSULTATION ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Some women have raised with me that a solution to the rise in assault and harassment
on public transport could be to introduce women only carriages. My intention would be
to make public transport safer for everyone from the train platform, to the bus stop to
on the mode of transport itself. However, I would consult with women and open it up
to hear their views on whether women-only carriages would be welcome - and also if
piloting this at times and on modes of transport where harassment is reported most
frequently would be of interest."

Where in that statement is he suggesting that women should be segregated? Unless consulting with women on suggestions made by other women about how to make public transport safer means that you want to segregate women?

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:47 - Aug 26 with 1398 viewsDarran

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:43 - Aug 26 by Cottsy

Segregating women FFS. Lets look at what JC has actually said today:

"CONSULTATION ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Some women have raised with me that a solution to the rise in assault and harassment
on public transport could be to introduce women only carriages. My intention would be
to make public transport safer for everyone from the train platform, to the bus stop to
on the mode of transport itself. However, I would consult with women and open it up
to hear their views on whether women-only carriages would be welcome - and also if
piloting this at times and on modes of transport where harassment is reported most
frequently would be of interest."

Where in that statement is he suggesting that women should be segregated? Unless consulting with women on suggestions made by other women about how to make public transport safer means that you want to segregate women?

Yeah he's not suggesting anything of the sort is he?
F*cking hell you lot a deluded.

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:51 - Aug 26 with 1395 viewsCottsy

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:47 - Aug 26 by Darran

Yeah he's not suggesting anything of the sort is he?
F*cking hell you lot a deluded.

Well there are a whopping 3 sentences in that statement it should be easy for you to point out exactly where he is calling for the segregation of women on public transport.

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:55 - Aug 26 with 1391 viewsDarran

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:51 - Aug 26 by Cottsy

Well there are a whopping 3 sentences in that statement it should be easy for you to point out exactly where he is calling for the segregation of women on public transport.

Like I said deluded.

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:59 - Aug 26 with 1385 viewsCottsy

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:55 - Aug 26 by Darran

Like I said deluded.

Deluded? Or capable of basic English comprehension?

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:00 - Aug 26 with 1384 viewswaynekerr55

Women only carriages. Segregation by proxy I guess?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:00 - Aug 26 with 1384 viewsDarran

So The Guardian is basically saying here that it wouldnt be his first option but if women were for it he'd go with it.
Am I and The Guardian both wrong?

In the document Corbyn stresses that he would prefer not to introduce women-only carriages. “Some women have raised with me that a solution to the rise in assault and harassment on public transport could be to introduce women-only carriages. My intention would be to make public transport safer for everyone from the train platform to the bus stop to the mode of transport itself,” he says.

“However, I would consult with women and open it up to hear their views on whether women-only carriages would be welcome — and also if piloting this at times and on modes of transport where harassment is reported most frequently would be of interest.”

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:03 - Aug 26 with 1380 viewsDarran

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:00 - Aug 26 by waynekerr55

Women only carriages. Segregation by proxy I guess?

It's bonkers Wayne absolutely bonkers,why a left winger can't disagree with a left winger is pitiful,if something's wrong it's f^cking wrong whatever planet you're living on.

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:26 - Aug 26 with 1342 viewsperchrockjack

Men are also harrassed and assaulted on trains but its not really radical enough for this nutcase. To even consider this is appalling- open it up to women? which women, activists. I believe JEZ is looking for the female muslim vote.

SADLY, supposedly intelligent people are being conned by this complete w@nker.

The venomous tone of Cotts ,JS, Clase and this coterie of cobras is typical of the contempt I was alluding to before .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:35 - Aug 26 with 1330 viewsCottsy

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:00 - Aug 26 by Darran

So The Guardian is basically saying here that it wouldnt be his first option but if women were for it he'd go with it.
Am I and The Guardian both wrong?

In the document Corbyn stresses that he would prefer not to introduce women-only carriages. “Some women have raised with me that a solution to the rise in assault and harassment on public transport could be to introduce women-only carriages. My intention would be to make public transport safer for everyone from the train platform to the bus stop to the mode of transport itself,” he says.

“However, I would consult with women and open it up to hear their views on whether women-only carriages would be welcome — and also if piloting this at times and on modes of transport where harassment is reported most frequently would be of interest.”

"Corbyn stresses that he would prefer not to introduce women-only carriages."

But he would speak to people affected by the problem of harassment for their opinions and ideas of how they can feel safer on public transport and if they were in favour of women only carriages he would run a pilot where women would have the option of travelling in a women only carriage.

He is not saying that all women must always travel in separate carriages at all times on public transport. He is saying that if enough women were in favour of it, he would offer them the option of a women only carriage.

Surely you can see the difference in those two positions?

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:41 - Aug 26 with 1325 viewsDarran

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:35 - Aug 26 by Cottsy

"Corbyn stresses that he would prefer not to introduce women-only carriages."

But he would speak to people affected by the problem of harassment for their opinions and ideas of how they can feel safer on public transport and if they were in favour of women only carriages he would run a pilot where women would have the option of travelling in a women only carriage.

He is not saying that all women must always travel in separate carriages at all times on public transport. He is saying that if enough women were in favour of it, he would offer them the option of a women only carriage.

Surely you can see the difference in those two positions?

So women will have the option of a woman only carriage but they don't have to travel in it if they don't want to?

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:41 - Aug 26 with 1322 viewsperchrockjack

Come on WARWICK

You know you want to.

Im off out. This is will get nasty.

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:45 - Aug 26 with 1319 viewsDarran

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:41 - Aug 26 by perchrockjack

Come on WARWICK

You know you want to.

Im off out. This is will get nasty.

Richard you really need to start using the quote button.

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:48 - Aug 26 with 1307 viewsperchrockjack

You know me PROSS. I Do what I want grammar wise.

I really got to get out. btw Mag sold her car at last.

Did Any get that pressie.

Send me a text as the Trots are after my blood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024