Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Corbyn 12:42 - Jul 24 with 106248 viewsCountyJim

I'm going to vote for him was going to go with Burnham but the amount of crap he's put up with and with dignity

He's a man of principal don't share his views on the monarch but we all have different points of view
Jeremy Corbyn on 13:28 - Sep 13 with 2327 viewsjackonicko

I know it's only been 24 hours since his election, but it's been just as tremendous as I hoped.

Highlights have been:

- a shadow cabinet member I've never heard of resigning a position he no longer holds within minutes of the announcement.

- Corbyn railing against personal press intrusion in his acceptance speech (which appears to be revealing he has a brother with a name posher than his.)

- Corbyn dodging an interview with BBC arch labradoodle Andrew Marr, but finding the time for a shouty-heavy, content-lite, Wolfie-esque appearance at a demonstration.

- the group hug

- the running away from his primary responsibility of holding the executive to account at PMQs, so he can let his chums have a go.

I wonder what the next 24 hours will bring.
Jeremy Corbyn on 13:54 - Sep 13 with 2304 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:28 - Sep 13 by jackonicko

I know it's only been 24 hours since his election, but it's been just as tremendous as I hoped.

Highlights have been:

- a shadow cabinet member I've never heard of resigning a position he no longer holds within minutes of the announcement.

- Corbyn railing against personal press intrusion in his acceptance speech (which appears to be revealing he has a brother with a name posher than his.)

- Corbyn dodging an interview with BBC arch labradoodle Andrew Marr, but finding the time for a shouty-heavy, content-lite, Wolfie-esque appearance at a demonstration.

- the group hug

- the running away from his primary responsibility of holding the executive to account at PMQs, so he can let his chums have a go.

A return to communism, starting with all of the British isles being surrounded by a giant wall.

The next step is to incorporate every part of the island as part of Islington, with dissenters forced to watch DVD's of 'how to coach' by Kevin Cullis 23 hours a day

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:59 - Sep 13 with 2300 viewsjackonicko

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:54 - Sep 13 by waynekerr55

A return to communism, starting with all of the British isles being surrounded by a giant wall.

The next step is to incorporate every part of the island as part of Islington, with dissenters forced to watch DVD's of 'how to coach' by Kevin Cullis 23 hours a day

Just so long as it involves running up and down sand dunes to build up stamina.
Jeremy Corbyn on 14:04 - Sep 13 with 2298 viewsDarran

Louise Mensch is calling him Worzel Lenin on Twitter.

Well it amused me anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:19 - Sep 13 with 2284 viewsmonmouth

Highlights have been:

- the group hug

Exactly. Politics becomes a talking point again. Wait til you see the Corbyn Reboot v1.1 followed by the next incarnation, Tarquin Lenynyn. You'll be shaking in your Church's brogues. Bullingdon is dead; long live the Beardie club.

Embrace change.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:29 - Sep 13 with 2269 viewsexiledclaseboy

To be fair, "holding the executive to account" is not what PMQs is for.

Poll: Tory leader

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:47 - Sep 13 with 2253 viewsacejack3065

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:29 - Sep 13 by exiledclaseboy

Exactly, plus I'd love to watch half an hour of Dennis Skinner calling Cameron a C**t at the end of every question.
Jeremy Corbyn on 18:29 - Sep 13 with 2185 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:59 - Sep 13 by jackonicko

Just so long as it involves running up and down sand dunes to build up stamina.

Whilst the person in charge of the session shouts 'work' on top of his voice

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Corbyn on 18:43 - Sep 13 with 2173 viewsjackonicko

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:29 - Sep 13 by exiledclaseboy

Eh? A public forum in which you can ask the prime minister any question you want has nothing to do with holding the executive to account? You've lost me.
Jeremy Corbyn on 19:41 - Sep 13 with 2151 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jeremy Corbyn on 18:43 - Sep 13 by jackonicko

Eh? A public forum in which you can ask the prime minister any question you want has nothing to do with holding the executive to account? You've lost me.

Well PMQs is mainly half an hour of surprisingly scripted political theatre. What I'm trying to say is that the main work of holding the government to account is mostly done well away from the chamber of the House, in committees and the like. Nothing of substance is ever debated or learned at PMQs. I doubt he'd carry through with that one anyway. Speaker may not even allow it.

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:12 - Sep 13 with 2099 viewsjackonicko

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:41 - Sep 13 by exiledclaseboy

Well PMQs is mainly half an hour of surprisingly scripted political theatre. What I'm trying to say is that the main work of holding the government to account is mostly done well away from the chamber of the House, in committees and the like. Nothing of substance is ever debated or learned at PMQs. I doubt he'd carry through with that one anyway. Speaker may not even allow it.

That's true, but Corbyn won't be doing any of that either.

It's only 30 minutes out of his busy week, and what with him rebooting conventional politics and all that, maybe he could use that time to finally return PMQs to its original purpose. It was labour, after all, who watered it down to this once a week, 30 minute, puff piece anyway.

When he's not hiding behind someone else, obviously.
Jeremy Corbyn on 23:02 - Sep 13 with 2077 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Highlights have been:

- the group hug

Aparently seven have said they'll never serve under Corbyn. Says a lot more about them than it does about him.
Given that 5 of them i've barely heard of and Liz Kendall and Yvette Cooper having sour grapes doesn't effectively mean that the party's in crisis and there are huge splits developing. It may mean that several people have had hissy fits and they're going home and taking their ball with them.
And as you quite rightly said, quite an assumption made by all of them when the first thing Jezza was going to do was to get shot of them anyway....................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:10 - Sep 13 with 2071 viewsCottsy

Has Lohengrin's head exploded at the news that John McDonnell is shadow chancellor yet?

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:20 - Sep 13 with 2062 viewsGroo

Groo does what Groo does best

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:10 - Sep 14 with 2012 viewsorion3016

Piss poor start for him getting hammered in news this morning for not talking to media last night and kept walking

Be over there now after

Jeremy Corbyn on 11:35 - Sep 14 with 1977 viewstrampie

Corbyn won't be a friend of those seeking independence,
I would expect he might accept any potential independence vote but he is a unionist and therefore a Brit Nat within what is still a Red Tory party.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2015 11:38]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:12 - Sep 14 with 1940 viewsGroo

The trolly dolly is happy too

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11863351/Argentina-Jeremy

These Argenbtinians seem to forget that the last time Britain attempted to talk it was Argentina who refused to attend, that was only 2 years ago too.

Jeremy Corbyn on 17:16 - Sep 14 with 1901 viewstrampie

Oh dear, Britain attempting to talk to the Argentinians over the Falklands you say Groo,
I wonder what the soldiers that were involved and their families think about that ?
[Post edited 14 Sep 2015 17:18]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Jeremy Corbyn on 17:43 - Sep 14 with 1892 viewsacejack3065

Jeremy Corbyn on 11:35 - Sep 14 by trampie

Corbyn won't be a friend of those seeking independence,
I would expect he might accept any potential independence vote but he is a unionist and therefore a Brit Nat within what is still a Red Tory party.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2015 11:38]

Why would he be friends with his enemies like the nationalists?

John McDonnell is Labours shadow chancellor and you're still trying to pedal that red Tory nonsense. Now is the time to let it go I think.
Jeremy Corbyn on 18:27 - Sep 14 with 1881 viewsGroo

Jeremy Corbyn on 17:16 - Sep 14 by trampie

Oh dear, Britain attempting to talk to the Argentinians over the Falklands you say Groo,
I wonder what the soldiers that were involved and their families think about that ?
[Post edited 14 Sep 2015 17:18]

So you thought it was OK to leave the Islands and the people there in the hands of a regime that was brutal to its own people, what's the last count, at least 30K disappeared? These were the people who drugged their own then sent them on a one way air trips to the Atlantic Ocean.

Did you know that a senior officer stated that if he had his own way he'd make a final solution to the Islanders. He stated this on the islands in 1982, in front of some Falklanders, he thought they wouldn't understand Spanish.

My son is a soldier, I don't want him to be sent anywhere to fight, but in the end of the day if you show that you don't protect your own then others will take everything.

In any case I' was talking of recent attempts. The Argentinians make a big fuss about Britain refusing to talk, yet they didn't turn up, when the talks were waiting, chairs left empty. Why? because Britain refuses to talk without representatives of the people it concerns present. When Timmerman found out a couple of Falkland Islands Government members would be present he turned around.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2015 18:29]

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:10 - Sep 14 with 1838 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:14 - Sep 14 with 1830 viewstrampie

Jeremy Corbyn on 17:43 - Sep 14 by acejack3065

Why would he be friends with his enemies like the nationalists?

John McDonnell is Labours shadow chancellor and you're still trying to pedal that red Tory nonsense. Now is the time to let it go I think.

They are Tories, I've told anyone that would listen for years and years and now its accepted by all that take an interest and now their politics that Labour are a Tory party.

Corbyn courts the nationalists, he seems to understand that imperialism is wrong and treats the nationalists accordingly, its unlikely he will be able to persuade British Nationalists of previous wrongs though, although Corbyn seems to feel it himself.

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:16 - Sep 14 with 1828 viewsexiledclaseboy

28,000 new Labour Party members since Saturday.

Corbynmania is running wild!

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:23 - Sep 14 with 1816 viewsmonmouth

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:16 - Sep 14 by exiledclaseboy

28,000 new Labour Party members since Saturday.

Corbynmania is running wild!

Do they all have beards? Are they all a threat to our national security and my family's security?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:27 - Sep 14 with 1808 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:23 - Sep 14 by monmouth

Do they all have beards? Are they all a threat to our national security and my family's security?

Of course. Have you not read the papers? There's already a mass shortage of beard trimmers, sandals and lentils.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024