Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Froome 22:28 - Jul 27 with 7266 viewsDarran

F^ck my eyes his appearance has changed in five years hasn't it?
Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chris Froome on 17:05 - Jul 28 with 2081 viewsScoobyWho

Chris Froome on 22:40 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Extraordinary transformation.

I've never heard of him.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Chris Froome on 17:29 - Jul 28 with 2058 viewsBatterseajack

Chris Froome on 16:08 - Jul 28 by budegan

Hard work? Have the rest of the field been taking it a bit easy then? Come on, he is performing better than known dopers. The numbers don't lie and if it looks like bull, and smells like bull...

It's really the media who are making this into an us (Brits) v them (any non-believers) as it stokes xenophobic flames. Besides he's a Kenyan who lives in Monaco.

It isn't hard to find circumstantial accusations on the internet about Froomes performances being 'out of this world' but i haven't seen anything that suggests he was faster than any of the top boys from the doping era.

So far i've seen, 'ooh he's taken over a minute out of quintana in the pyrenees' therefore he must be cheating.

Then when quintana takes minutes out of froome on two consecutive days in the alps, nothing.

Fact of the matter is, Quinatana lost the race in week one due to the cross winds. If his team were paying more attention in holland, then he'd be in yellow. I somehow doubt the same doping accusations would have been levelled at him in the french press.
Chris Froome on 17:39 - Jul 28 with 2047 viewsperchrockjack

Well its the legacy of Armstong that sees great sportsmen being stained by nothing more than bitter accusations without any proof at all.

There was evidence of Armstrong; ther s none on FROOME.

He might not be born British or English but he suffers the same reaction of us slagging off anyone seen to do well. WE BUILD THEM UP TO KNOCK THEM DOWN.

We ve had the majority of Welsh FOOTBALL players over many tears representing Wales because of tenuous grandparent links;somemtimes its quite daft as I can recall Van den Hauwe playing and Vinnie jones as a captain of our country.

In rugby we ve had all sorts wearing the shirt.

Rejoice we have such a great and dignified man as a true champion proud to represent the country. Anyway, he mum was from Gloucestershire so always Welsh

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Chris Froome on 17:46 - Jul 28 with 2045 viewsDarran

Chris Froome on 17:05 - Jul 28 by ScoobyWho

I've never heard of him.

His brother David used to ride horses mun.

Chris Froome on 18:00 - Jul 28 with 2034 viewsbudegan

The evidence on Armstrong came in very very gradually over more than a decade - it's early days for Froome.

Look, don't get me wrong, I hope and pray that a sport I love has cleaned itself up, but history keeps on repeating itself in this particular game and one can't help being pessimistic, especially when the performance stats don't add up.

We can put it down to hard work, mental toughness, rivals getting caught in crosswinds, nutritional milkshakes, proper warm downs ... it might just be that a rider with no pedigree just happened to suddenly become one of the greatest riders in the world, but this is a sport with a dark history of fairy tales that turned out to be just that.

Paul Kimmage - who was instrumental in Lance's downfall has this to say:

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/Off_The_Ball_Highlights/27339/ (skip the google survey nonsense to listen)

Worth listening.
Chris Froome on 18:07 - Jul 28 with 2017 viewsDr_Winston

Strange that Froome gets stick for being Kenyan when he's actually more British than the born in Belgium to an Australian father Bradley Wiggins.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chris Froome on 18:12 - Jul 28 with 1996 viewsWhiterockin

Chris Froome on 18:00 - Jul 28 by budegan

The evidence on Armstrong came in very very gradually over more than a decade - it's early days for Froome.

Look, don't get me wrong, I hope and pray that a sport I love has cleaned itself up, but history keeps on repeating itself in this particular game and one can't help being pessimistic, especially when the performance stats don't add up.

We can put it down to hard work, mental toughness, rivals getting caught in crosswinds, nutritional milkshakes, proper warm downs ... it might just be that a rider with no pedigree just happened to suddenly become one of the greatest riders in the world, but this is a sport with a dark history of fairy tales that turned out to be just that.

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/Off_The_Ball_Highlights/27339/ (skip the google survey nonsense to listen)

Worth listening.

Quote. Chris Froome could possibly be the best cyclist of all time.
Chris Froome on 18:28 - Jul 28 with 1976 viewsLeonisGod

Worth listening.

He's hardly lacking pedigree. He's been building over about 10 years and did well in the Commonwealth games before he turned pro.

There's no evidence at the moment and that interview says as much. A lot of suspicion is based purely on Froome doing well, with not a scrap of conclusive evidence to backup the claims. But Quintana climbed better than Froome through the later stages of the tour. Why isn't he being questioned? Brailsford transformed British track cycling and we stormed competitions for years whilst he was in charge. Where are the accusations against him and those track riders?

It's just jealousy combined with self proclaimed 'experts' blogging a load of pseudo-science on the internet at the moment.

That may change of course in time.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Froome on 20:17 - Jul 28 with 1933 viewsperchrockjack

Frankly, the fact froome looked shattered on ventoux and able to only limit his losses and was visibly running on empty should have been evidence of his being clean.

This is getting on my tuts now as its demeaning his achievement.

Chris Froome on 20:26 - Jul 28 with 1924 viewsDr_Winston

I'm just amused that the automatic assumption is a rider who is successful under someone with a track record as, let's be frank, astounding as Dave Brailsford is that he's doping.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chris Froome on 20:50 - Jul 28 with 1892 viewsLeonisGod

Chris Froome on 20:17 - Jul 28 by perchrockjack

Frankly, the fact froome looked shattered on ventoux and able to only limit his losses and was visibly running on empty should have been evidence of his being clean.

This is getting on my tuts now as its demeaning his achievement.

No wonder he looked shattered. He was coming down off all the acid and smack mun. Hell of a party the night before :)
Chris Froome on 21:01 - Jul 28 with 1876 viewsScoobyWho

Chris Froome on 17:46 - Jul 28 by Darran

His brother David used to ride horses mun.

Oh that Broome .....

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Chris Froome on 21:04 - Jul 28 with 1866 viewsNeath_Jack

It'll come out in time that he's doped up to the eyeballs. It's a competition within a competition to develop the next performance enhancing drug that can't be detected by the anti-dopers.

Fan boys all crying up in this thread, I can only imagine what you were all like when you finally accepted that the worlds biggest sports cheat was bang to rights.

Worlds most farcical "sport", they should rename the competition The Escobar Esprit.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Chris Froome on 21:05 - Jul 28 with 1863 viewsLeonisGod

Chris Froome on 21:04 - Jul 28 by Neath_Jack

It'll come out in time that he's doped up to the eyeballs. It's a competition within a competition to develop the next performance enhancing drug that can't be detected by the anti-dopers.

Fan boys all crying up in this thread, I can only imagine what you were all like when you finally accepted that the worlds biggest sports cheat was bang to rights.

Worlds most farcical "sport", they should rename the competition The Escobar Esprit.

Maybe, maybe not.
Chris Froome on 21:34 - Jul 28 with 1841 viewsperchrockjack

Farcical? No, it's what you want to prove your cynicism.

Drugs just in cycling?

Chris Froome on 00:02 - Jul 29 with 1712 viewsblueytheblue

Worth listening.

No pedigree?

You're aware Froome was discovered to have been suffering long term from an illness, after joining Sky right? An infection that could well have affected performances?

As for Kimmage... he's now outspoken on David Walsh because Walsh defended Froome. Walsh having spent time with Brailsford and Sky. The same David Walsh who sent a hell of a lot of time nailing Armstrong over his doping and behaviour.

These days I view Kimmage's ramblings as seriously as I do the punditry of Alan Shearer...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Chris Froome on 09:34 - Jul 29 with 1657 viewsperchrockjack

Seems people still see Athletics as a sport.

Given the amount and extent of drugs /drug cheats exonerated truly amazing.

If anything comes out, it ll be Mo Farrah

Chris Froome on 09:31 - Dec 13 with 891 viewsDarran

Chris Froome on 09:22 - Jul 28 by perchrockjack

FROOME IS CLEAN as is G AND THE REST.

This was a plan clearly laid out by the brilliant (Welsh) Brailsford.

Its come to fruition and yet he will still not get that much credit.

French police should be looking at the footage of the abuse he got, by the way.

lol

Chris Froome on 09:32 - Dec 13 with 888 viewsDarran

Chris Froome on 21:34 - Jul 28 by perchrockjack

Farcical? No, it's what you want to prove your cynicism.

Drugs just in cycling?

Thick twát.

Chris Froome on 09:33 - Dec 13 with 884 viewsDarran

Chris Froome on 17:39 - Jul 28 by perchrockjack

Well its the legacy of Armstong that sees great sportsmen being stained by nothing more than bitter accusations without any proof at all.

There was evidence of Armstrong; ther s none on FROOME.

He might not be born British or English but he suffers the same reaction of us slagging off anyone seen to do well. WE BUILD THEM UP TO KNOCK THEM DOWN.

We ve had the majority of Welsh FOOTBALL players over many tears representing Wales because of tenuous grandparent links;somemtimes its quite daft as I can recall Van den Hauwe playing and Vinnie jones as a captain of our country.

In rugby we ve had all sorts wearing the shirt.

Rejoice we have such a great and dignified man as a true champion proud to represent the country. Anyway, he mum was from Gloucestershire so always Welsh

lol

Chris Froome on 09:37 - Dec 13 with 879 viewsProfessor

The levels of salbutamol are hardly going to be performance enhancing. Given the poor weather on some Vuelta stages then increased use is not surprising. As an asthmatic I know.
Chris Froome on 09:38 - Dec 13 with 879 viewsWarwickHunt

Chris Froome on 15:21 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

This board is infiltrated by the French. Who accuse without proof or evidence.

Chris Froome on 10:22 - Dec 13 with 851 viewsbuilthjack

Are Man City on drugs?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Chris Froome on 10:40 - Dec 13 with 841 viewsjeza739

As someone whose been involved in competitive endurance sports all my life the transformation is easily explained.
In first photo hes fat and out of condition. In later photo hes a highly trained conditioned athlete. Simple as..
Chris Froome on 11:15 - Dec 13 with 823 viewsbiggar

Chris Froome on 09:37 - Dec 13 by Professor

The levels of salbutamol are hardly going to be performance enhancing. Given the poor weather on some Vuelta stages then increased use is not surprising. As an asthmatic I know.

Doesn't matter if performance enhancing or not. There is a strict level that shouldn't be exceeded regardless of the effects of what has been taken.

I hope he gets banned but doubt he will. Team Sky media drive will be in full flow.....
Cyclists have been banned for this substance in the past and they have had lower levels in their system. Same should happen here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024