Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon 08:45 - Jul 31 with 2591 viewssquarebear

Odd request, I know.

My father-in-law was recently widowed. He's not terribly good on his feet, and he'd be screwed without his hearing aid, though he likes his football, so I was wondering about getting him out of the house for a bit, maybe to a pub to catch the occasional game.

But it'd need to be a quietish pub we could park near where he could always be sure of a seat. I thought about Vivs in Sketty but it gets rammed on matchdays and in noisy environments he can get a bit overwhelmed.

Can anyone suggest somewhere that might fit the bill? It doesn't HAVE to be a Swans game (though that'd be preferred). Location doesn't matter hugely (He's in Uplands. I'm in Sketty).

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 13:32 - Jul 31 with 2403 viewsdickythorpe

Sorry to hear about your loss.
I have always thought the Westbourne in Brynymor Road good for Sky TV games - not sure whether they still stream the Swans games.
Alternatively the Greyhound in Gower is a possible option.
Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 16:07 - Jul 31 with 2280 viewsstevethejack

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 13:32 - Jul 31 by dickythorpe

I have always thought the Westbourne in Brynymor Road good for Sky TV games - not sure whether they still stream the Swans games.

I was in the Greyhound last week. Lovely food but absolutely rammed in there. After the summer it'll be quieter as it was mainly holidaymakers in there.

Maybe try it out in late September to see what it's like.

Thatchers Gold on draught mmmmmmm
Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 16:08 - Jul 31 with 2278 viewscsf

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 13:32 - Jul 31 by dickythorpe

I went to the Hen Dderwen for food on night in the season Cardiff were in the prem, they were playing Sunderland on the night we were there The "pub" end seeed deent enough to wath a game. But that's from just that one occassion
Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 16:14 - Jul 31 with 2268 viewsDarran

If you want a quiet place with not many people you could take him to watch Cardiff.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 18:10 - Jul 31 with 2179 viewsGlyn1

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 16:14 - Jul 31 by Darran

If you want a quiet place with not many people you could take him to watch Cardiff.

Or maybe drive somewhere where there are fewer Jacks - Llanelli? Bridgend?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2015 18:12]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 19:21 - Jul 31 with 2108 viewsScoobyWho

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 18:10 - Jul 31 by Glyn1

Or maybe drive somewhere where there are fewer Jacks - Llanelli? Bridgend?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2015 18:12]

But more jacks than Cardiff fans, so still a problem. 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 20:49 - Jul 31 with 2012 viewsSwansNZ

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 16:14 - Jul 31 by Darran

He said he likes his football.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 20:50 - Jul 31 with 2010 viewsexhmrc1

Try Dunvant WMC
Login to get fewer ads

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 02:07 - Aug 1 with 1800 viewsscottishjack

Best bet is the Vivs, otherwise try any of the other pubs that legally show the games.

Next up will be Man U at the end of the month...
Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 03:03 - Aug 1 with 1789 viewsStarsky

Does the Village Hotel on SA1 still show games? Could be a good choice.

It's just the internet, init.

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 10:24 - Aug 1 with 1638 viewsjackportis

Could you not try and take him to a game or to a local match? Take a seat or wheel chair.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 17:25 - Aug 1 with 1499 viewsStarsky

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 10:24 - Aug 1 by jackportis

Could you not try and take him to a game or to a local match? Take a seat or wheel chair.

Did you not read his post properly?

It's just the internet, init.

Watching Football in the Pub on a Weekend Afternoon on 07:38 - Aug 2 with 1386 viewssquarebear

Cheers all.

Time for me to get out there and try a bit of research ;-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024