Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No more Millennium 16:23 - Sep 8 with 3472 viewsslate_dk

I just spotted this blurp on the beep:

The Millennium Stadium will be renamed the Principality Stadium in a 10-year sponsorship deal with the Cardiff-based building society.
The new name for the 74,500-seat capacity stadium, the home of Welsh rugby, will be used from January 2016.
It was built at a cost of £121m to replace the Nation Ground, Cardiff Arms Park, in time for the 1999 World Cup.
The structure, owned by the Welsh Rugby Union, is famous for having the only fully-retractable roof on a UK stadium.
No more Millennium on 16:54 - Sep 8 with 3396 viewsDafyddHuw

Isn't Wimbledon centre court a stadium? That's got a fully-retractable roof.
No more Millennium on 16:55 - Sep 8 with 3394 viewsHighjack

Centre court at Wimbledon has a retractable roof.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

No more Millennium on 20:26 - Sep 8 with 3222 viewsKilkennyjack

Shite new name by the old egg chasers. Poor effort.

Beware of the Risen People

No more Millennium on 20:36 - Sep 8 with 3202 viewsLeonisGod

No more Millennium on 20:26 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

Shite new name by the old egg chasers. Poor effort.

It's the world we live in unfortunately. We're luck that Liberty has the more common meaning, but we could easily be playing in the AJ Building Services (Neath) Ltd* Stadium.

*That company doesn't exist, but you know what I mean.
No more Millennium on 21:31 - Sep 8 with 3143 viewsKilkennyjack

No more Millennium on 20:36 - Sep 8 by LeonisGod

It's the world we live in unfortunately. We're luck that Liberty has the more common meaning, but we could easily be playing in the AJ Building Services (Neath) Ltd* Stadium.

*That company doesn't exist, but you know what I mean.

Yes agreed mate

Beware of the Risen People

No more Millennium on 21:41 - Sep 8 with 3122 viewsNookiejack

I really don't like the suggested name as implies English royalty having dominion over Wales. Recognising it is only a Building Society.

I think in this modern day and age - something with a more meritocratic connotation would be more positive - rather than Kings, Queens, Princes, Barons etc.
No more Millennium on 21:52 - Sep 8 with 3091 viewsjackrabbit

No more Millennium on 21:41 - Sep 8 by Nookiejack

I really don't like the suggested name as implies English royalty having dominion over Wales. Recognising it is only a Building Society.

I think in this modern day and age - something with a more meritocratic connotation would be more positive - rather than Kings, Queens, Princes, Barons etc.

In tune with times how about "Corbyn Arms Park"?

Or more accurately perhaps "Corbyn Dis-Arms Park".
No more Millennium on 22:07 - Sep 8 with 3062 viewsNookiejack

No more Millennium on 21:52 - Sep 8 by jackrabbit

In tune with times how about "Corbyn Arms Park"?

Or more accurately perhaps "Corbyn Dis-Arms Park".

I like it but know If he ever gets power - will probably end up with a net worth of £100m including 20 or more properties and a 100 million and end up richer than Blair with his 8 properties at last count.

Would then feel a bit of a mug each time - watching a rugby international there.
Login to get fewer ads

No more Millennium on 08:05 - Sep 9 with 2891 viewsMuteswan

No more Millennium on 21:41 - Sep 8 by Nookiejack

Do you apply your thinking to pub and nightclub names as well? I think we might have to change a lot of road names as well if so.
No more Millennium on 10:17 - Sep 9 with 2841 viewsNookiejack

Yes I like it 'Barons'
No more Millennium on 19:25 - Sep 9 with 2687 viewsswan_si

No more Millennium on 10:17 - Sep 9 by Nookiejack

Yes I like it 'Barons'

jumping jacks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024