Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodgers? 15:06 - Sep 23 with 9807 viewslondonlisa2001

Seems to be a growing groundswell in the media today that Brendan is on his way out at Liverpool.

So where next for him if Ancelotti does take over?
Rodgers? on 08:59 - Sep 24 with 3028 viewspikeypaul

Posters here would not wish him unwell if he did not try to take all the credit for our success the foundations were here long before him and we have not done to bad since he left.
All that 'dossier' BS was cringeworthy he thought he had invented the game when in all reality he is
very average at the top level and has been found out big time.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2015 9:01]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Rodgers? on 09:27 - Sep 24 with 2989 viewsSwansNZ

Rodgers? on 08:59 - Sep 24 by pikeypaul

Posters here would not wish him unwell if he did not try to take all the credit for our success the foundations were here long before him and we have not done to bad since he left.
All that 'dossier' BS was cringeworthy he thought he had invented the game when in all reality he is
very average at the top level and has been found out big time.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2015 9:01]

Mmmm, very well suited to be the next England manager then.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Rodgers? on 09:47 - Sep 24 with 2969 viewsPegojack

It's an interesting three way sack race now, with Advocaat and McLaren neck and neck, with Brendan coming up on the rails.
Rodgers? on 09:58 - Sep 24 with 2951 viewsWhiterockin

Rodgers? on 09:47 - Sep 24 by Pegojack

It's an interesting three way sack race now, with Advocaat and McLaren neck and neck, with Brendan coming up on the rails.

The Everton v Liverpool game before the international break could prove decisive.
Rodgers? on 10:16 - Sep 24 with 2925 viewsperchrockjack

Our obsession with previous managers is weird.

Honestly ,I truly don't give a shite.

If sacked, it wont be a tragedy ;it wont be sad even as Bren will get a massive pay off .

Sadly for Liverpool, they wont be able to attract Ancelloti, Klopp or any other top name as a replacement . Suarez papered over many cracks .

anyway

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Rodgers? on 13:07 - Sep 24 with 2798 viewsLeonisGod

Rodgers? on 17:19 - Sep 23 by shandyjack

interesting, what would you pick as a joint XI between the 2 teams

Fab
Clyne Ash Skrtel Taylor

Hendo JJS

Ayew Countinho Jeff

Sturridge

Swap in Jack for donkey Henderson and you've not far off I reckon. Actually that's a bit unfair, as Henderson shows some touches of skill, but just doesn't seem to have the quickness of thought to pull them off very often. Henderson may well be the better player as his shoe into the England side shows, but I far prefer Jack.

Skrtel? Fed must be a close call though.
Rodgers? on 13:53 - Sep 24 with 2767 viewsmorningstar

And Klopp now issues what is nothing short of a 'Come and get me' plea to Liverpool!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Rodgers? on 14:07 - Sep 24 with 2746 viewsjack247

Rodgers? on 13:53 - Sep 24 by morningstar

And Klopp now issues what is nothing short of a 'Come and get me' plea to Liverpool!

I'm amazed at that. Posted not long ago that their fans were deluded and would expect Klopp or Guardiola if Rodgers went. Why would one of the brightest young coaches in Europe want to go there?
Login to get fewer ads

Rodgers? on 14:14 - Sep 24 with 2742 viewsmorningstar

Because Liverpool are spenders!

Rodgers? on 14:17 - Sep 24 with 2736 viewsLeonisGod

Rodgers? on 14:14 - Sep 24 by morningstar

Yep - is it £200m or £300m under Brenda. Big club, huge tradition, stadium expansion/redevelopment. That's a top draw even if they have been underachieving for years now.
Rodgers? on 14:37 - Sep 24 with 2714 viewsjack247

Rodgers? on 14:14 - Sep 24 by morningstar

I guess mate yeah, maybe it's the challenge of restoring them to their former glory. Still really surprised though..
Rodgers? on 18:56 - Sep 24 with 2632 viewslonglostjack

Klopp did say recently that he doesn't necessarily need to move to a top club so maybe Liverpool is in with a chance. Still think he fancies the Bayern job though.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Rodgers? on 19:14 - Sep 24 with 2607 viewsmorningstar

Rodgers? on 14:17 - Sep 24 by LeonisGod

Yep - is it £200m or £300m under Brenda. Big club, huge tradition, stadium expansion/redevelopment. That's a top draw even if they have been underachieving for years now.

Underachieving maybe? But as much a we berate them on here for their fall from grace into mediocrity. It will only take them too get the right manager who truly has the right vision for the club too take them back too the top. They really are a massive club!

Rodgers? on 08:32 - Sep 25 with 2474 viewsWhiterockin

Rodgers? on 19:14 - Sep 24 by morningstar

Underachieving maybe? But as much a we berate them on here for their fall from grace into mediocrity. It will only take them too get the right manager who truly has the right vision for the club too take them back too the top. They really are a massive club!

Even with the right manager I can't see them consistently finishing above Chelsea, Arsenal and the two Manchester clubs. The odd season yes, any of them could have a bad season and drop out of the top four as has happened recently, but not on a regular basis.
Rodgers? on 09:24 - Sep 25 with 2429 viewsDarran

Rodgers? on 08:32 - Sep 25 by Whiterockin

Even with the right manager I can't see them consistently finishing above Chelsea, Arsenal and the two Manchester clubs. The odd season yes, any of them could have a bad season and drop out of the top four as has happened recently, but not on a regular basis.

Chelsea and Man City have managed to do it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rodgers? on 09:36 - Sep 25 with 2302 viewsWhiterockin

Rodgers? on 09:24 - Sep 25 by Darran

Chelsea and Man City have managed to do it.

In fairness they have a never ending pit of money. Liverpool have spent (wasted) a phenomenal amount of money but I don't believe Henry will pump in an endless amount although he is worth over a billion. What Liverpool do have on their side is they are a Worldwide brand and a a lot of excellent youngsters in the system. On the negative side they have to pay for the ground improvements that will be in place for next season, this is about £100m. To push regularly for the top four I think that one of the money men in the other teams need to leave.
Rodgers? on 10:07 - Sep 25 with 2280 viewsbluenile

Rodgers? on 15:20 - Sep 23 by MrSwerve

We'll have him back as Monk's number 2.

No

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Rodgers? on 12:35 - Sep 25 with 2211 viewsGreatBritton

He said today that he wanted to be a manager for the next twenty years, but understood that it might not be at Liverpool.

But then again Billy J kramer said he wanted to record twenty albums.
Rodgers? on 14:06 - Sep 25 with 2171 viewsbudegan

I have a lot of time for Bren after what he did for us, and - especially - how he left (pretty much the antithesis of how Judas handled things). It has to be said that since then his pomp has become increasingly cringe worthy. I thought this part of a recent Guardian article ( http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/24/brendan-rodgers-liverpool) summed things up:

Now that Sam Allardyce has gone, there is no manager in the Premier League happier talking about how he won a game.

Which is good, or it should be. Rather that than the endless whining about referees and the construction of self-serving conspiracy theories that characterise so many post-match press-conferences. The problem, often, is one of tone. Victories often become about him rather than the team when traditional wisdom suggests managers should let the players take credit for victories while deflecting attention away from them when things have gone wrong.

Take the 3-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur on the third weekend of last season when it appeared that Liverpool might be able to mount another title challenge. Balotelli played well in tandem with Daniel Sturridge and was understandably the subject of much discussion. Rodgers was happy to play along with it, happy to play the role of the horse whisperer who had tamed the Italian. He told a story about how he had made him mark at a corner in training. No manager, apparently, had ever made him do that before. None had the courage to look Balotelli in the eye and tell him to do the basic stuff others would do as a matter of course. He was encouraging but firm, giving the kid a chance but marking out the boundaries. He was Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting.

It brought a lump to the throat and a prickle to the eye, or it would have done if it hadn’t been such obvious nonsense. No one had asked Balotelli to pick up at a corner? Not even, say, Mourinho, who is not exactly noted for letting players duck their share of the defensive responsibility? Or, perhaps, Roberto Mancini? What were all those fights on the training ground about if they weren’t about Mancini trying to get Balotelli to do things he couldn’t be bothered to do?

The problem is often one of tone. Football is indulgent of certain faults but, as Steve McClaren found as England manager, it has little time for those who have read a guide to getting ahead in business and are applying those ideas too blatantly.

It’s surely those manuals that led Rodgers to such excruciating gimmicks as his three envelopes in a drawer, or to the time when he met for the first time a journalist noted for his left-wing beliefs and greeted him, not with his name, as Dale Carnegie would have advised, but with the word “Comrade”.

None of that makes Rodgers a terrible man or a terrible manager, but it does undermine much of what he has done that is positive. Last season, after Liverpool had gone 13 games unbeaten following his switch to three at the back, there came the stories about how he had come up with the system after long nights of fretting, sustained only by tea and toast.

The tactical change was a triumph: no one would deny that. It shored up the rickety centre of defence, it got Coutinho and Adam Lallana playing in pockets opponents found it hard to fill and it created space for Sterling. But then Rodgers, or somebody he had authorised, briefed a couple of journalists on how the scheme had been devised. It was as though Rodgers was already imagining a key scene in the biopic he assumes they will inevitably make of his life.
Rodgers? on 14:34 - Sep 25 with 2155 viewsperchrockjack

Billy j. Fook me, you re as old as me ,la

Rodgers? on 14:39 - Sep 25 with 2151 viewsairedale

And the Dakotas.
Rodgers? on 16:17 - Sep 25 with 2096 viewsperchrockjack

Bren bought a job lot from Robbie God fowler at a keen price. Outstanding business.

Rodgers? on 16:32 - Sep 25 with 2084 viewstomdickharry

Judas 2 is surly up there with Judas 1 as one of the biggest bullshitters in the professional game today,in fact you could put them side by side.
Rodgers? on 08:32 - Sep 26 with 1979 viewsDewi1jack

Brenda took us up, kept us up and made sure we had a bit of cash for him leaving.
Total opposite of the Tapas waiter.
And for that I can only applaud and thank Brenda.

As for the bollox he talks, got fed up with that when he was here.
Spending over £290 million though.
To buy a team that can possibly challenge for 6th?
Fukin ridiculous.
Plus he (or someone at the club) buys players at well over price and then the club has to sell them at a loss.
Can't see it being anyone other that BR (and his mahoosive ego) giving the owners a list of players he wants.
The man is too full of himself to allow someone to tell him what to do.

PS
I wouldn't take Sturridge to start over Bafe until Sturridge is injury free.
And that's something that isn't going to happen anytime soon

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024