Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cofiwch Dryweryn 22:54 - Oct 19 with 6235 viewsUxbridge

The history of this shameful act by the city of Liverpool is being shown on BBC One now. A disgraceful blot on the copybook of that city.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 23:03 - Oct 19 with 6213 viewsBanosswan

Countdown to perch, 3..2...1....

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 23:23 - Oct 19 with 6181 viewsKilkennyjack

Go ux ....

Beware of the Risen People

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 23:36 - Oct 19 with 6145 viewstrampie

The Welsh interviewed seemed sophisticated, educated and polite, that is all we heard about Liverpool was the people were living in slums, they were said to be spitting at the Welsh and even their politicians were said to be shouting people down including the great Gwynfor Evans.

Like I said on the other thread (without knowing the content of the show), the creation of the Welsh Assembly some say can be traced back to the flooding of the village.

I'm surprised nobody has put underwater pics of some of the building up, seeing the gravestones underwater is terrible.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 00:20 - Oct 20 with 6119 viewsDr_Winston

A small village people probably would have hated living in by now gets submerged, and a bustling metropolis obtains a much needed new water supply.

Fair swap IMO.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 05:36 - Oct 20 with 6051 viewstrampie

Some people would like to live in a small rural village mun, escape to the country and all that.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 09:55 - Oct 20 with 5982 viewsperchrockjack

... zero.

First of all Uxbridge was not a tadpole when this happened ..

Anyway, north west TV did an excellent programme of this shown last night with the excellent Simon Obrien interviewing former residents there.
Also, reported people singing the Anthem in Liverpool Town HALL in defiance.

Great stuff ,the kind of Irish sentimental drivel served up to keep old bitterness alive and completely meaningless.

THE FACT it was a welsh language village seems to be key; if it had been ,say Ebbw Vale few would have been bothered.

You started it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 10:32 - Oct 20 with 5952 viewsUxbridge

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 09:55 - Oct 20 by perchrockjack

... zero.

First of all Uxbridge was not a tadpole when this happened ..

Anyway, north west TV did an excellent programme of this shown last night with the excellent Simon Obrien interviewing former residents there.
Also, reported people singing the Anthem in Liverpool Town HALL in defiance.

Great stuff ,the kind of Irish sentimental drivel served up to keep old bitterness alive and completely meaningless.

THE FACT it was a welsh language village seems to be key; if it had been ,say Ebbw Vale few would have been bothered.

You started it

I doubt there's be many tears shed if Ebbw got flooded today, but hey ho.

I must have driven past this art/graffiti/banner a hundred times during my time up in Aber, so it's something I've long held an interest in. Undoubtedly IMO it was the main event in the 20th century that sparked off any sort of pan-Welsh political co-operation. Must admit the one thing I didn't twig was the incidental benefits it brought to the Welsh economy in an attempt to appease growing resentment. Clasey might not have a job otherwise

It was the reaction and lack of compassion from the Liverpool citizens that really resonated with me though. For a city that prides itself on that, I found it quite striking.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 10:33]

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 12:48 - Oct 20 with 5885 viewsperchrockjack

Wasn't up here to comment on that.

There again neither we you

University there would be a great cause to relate to.

Quite how the people of Liverpool should be hammered for this is what is striking for me.

As you know, without visitors from Liverpool and the north west of England north Wales would be an economical basket case.

Apart from water, nowt

Login to get fewer ads

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 13:20 - Oct 20 with 5853 viewsUxbridge

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 12:48 - Oct 20 by perchrockjack

Quite how the people of Liverpool should be hammered for this is what is striking for me.

As you know, without visitors from Liverpool and the north west of England north Wales would be an economical basket case.

Apart from water, nowt

If it was more the gobbing at and abusing people protesting against the destruction of their community that struck me, but hey ho. All cities have their history.

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 13:46 - Oct 20 with 5827 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed.

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 16:27 - Oct 20 with 5769 viewsLohengrin

In case anybody wants to view it....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06jsxbk/tryweryn-50-years-on

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 19:52 - Oct 20 with 5697 viewslifelong

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 12:48 - Oct 20 by perchrockjack

Apart from water, nowt

Snowdonia itself has up to 10 million visitors a year, if the area has nowt what the feck are they all doing there?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 20:13]
Cofiwch Dryweryn on 20:22 - Oct 20 with 5676 viewsyescomeon

I would guess that north Wales is much more popular with tourists than south Wales. Cruise ship stop there for a start. Hope they keep the curtains shut till they get off Anglesey.

Upthecity!

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 20:23 - Oct 20 with 5675 viewsperchrockjack

Its because it has nowt that people go there and they should be grateful and not treat them like shite whenever they can ..

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 20:33 - Oct 20 with 5661 viewslifelong

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 20:23 - Oct 20 by perchrockjack

Its because it has nowt that people go there and they should be grateful and not treat them like shite whenever they can ..

Christ Perchie, something must have happened to you for you to have such a dislike for the people of North Wales?

The reason people flock there is because it is one of the most beautiful areas in the World, the scenery and landscape are simply breathtaking. That's a little bit more than nowt don't you think?
Cofiwch Dryweryn on 20:40 - Oct 20 with 5654 viewsmonmouth

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 10:32 - Oct 20 by Uxbridge

I doubt there's be many tears shed if Ebbw got flooded today, but hey ho.

I must have driven past this art/graffiti/banner a hundred times during my time up in Aber, so it's something I've long held an interest in. Undoubtedly IMO it was the main event in the 20th century that sparked off any sort of pan-Welsh political co-operation. Must admit the one thing I didn't twig was the incidental benefits it brought to the Welsh economy in an attempt to appease growing resentment. Clasey might not have a job otherwise

It was the reaction and lack of compassion from the Liverpool citizens that really resonated with me though. For a city that prides itself on that, I found it quite striking.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 10:33]

It wasn't their fault.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 20:40 - Oct 20 with 5652 viewsdickythorpe

North Wales is an amazing destination. FACT
Cofiwch Dryweryn on 20:51 - Oct 20 with 5641 viewsUxbridge

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 20:40 - Oct 20 by monmouth

It wasn't their fault.

Never is.

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 10:12 - Oct 21 with 5535 viewsperchrockjack

I worry about you Roger.

Just understand that what I post is often ...

Ux has been a scouse hater for many years and never misses an opportunity to put the boot in.

Nice enough guy but cocksure poster

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 16:29 - Oct 23 with 5348 viewstrampie

It took Liverpool 40 years to apologise, too little, too late and it does not make it all ok.

It was a shameful and disgraceful act by Liverpool and as proved by people marking the 50th anniversary it will not be forgotten.

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 19:31 - Oct 23 with 5295 viewsGroo

There was one in Rutland too, can still see the church tower in the water.

Groo does what Groo does best

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 19:37 - Oct 23 with 5285 viewsNeath_Jack

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 19:31 - Oct 23 by Groo

When i was a kid, my uncle used to tell me that there was a town under Kenfig pool.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 19:56 - Oct 23 with 5269 viewslifelong

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 19:31 - Oct 23 by Groo

I've fished Rutland Water a few times, some big trout in there.
Cofiwch Dryweryn on 19:29 - Oct 24 with 5165 viewsperchrockjack

I always tip well in gogland

Cofiwch Dryweryn on 17:15 - Nov 10 with 5012 viewstrampie

I hear there is another message on the Cofiwch Dryweryn wall which is Cofwich Aberfan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024