Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Villa 00:09 - Oct 20 with 15231 viewsJJJack

Don't want to dwell on tonight but there are a few under-performers of late not just tonight and I hope Monk kicks some arses by dropping a few Saturday:
Fabianski
Rangel - deserves to stay in (just)
Taylor - see above
Fernandez - possibly Amat could be given a go but I would persevere with Fede for now
Williams - undroppable
Ki - I'm not really sure how he's ended up out of the side but he should return -sharpish!
Cork - Not the problem IMO. Bad mistake tonight for the goal but is busy.
Siggurdson - Had a breather. But get him back in as he's reliable and hardworking.
Barrow - showed enough tonight to be given another go
Montero - should get more joy Saturday than against Johnson
Eder - Has shown little but Gomis, like Ayew needs to go and think about his game.
Dropped
Gomis- showed willing but the need for so many touches and his refusal to play simple balls kills many of our attacks.
Ayew - horrendous tonight and goals aside has not offered enough of late. Looked unfit tonight.
JJS - Played ok tonight. But his general performance levels aren't where they were a few weeks ago. Would benefit by a short spell on the bench IMO.
Team for Villa on 00:19 - Oct 20 with 11358 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Let's rip that sh!t
Above up

Time to give people a chance

Fab
Naughton
Ash
Amat
Tabanou

Ki
Shelvey
Siggy

Montero
Routledge

Eder .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Team for Villa on 00:20 - Oct 20 with 11354 viewsItchySphincter

We'd be better off playing the under 21s than the shower that turned out tonight.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Team for Villa on 00:21 - Oct 20 with 11341 viewsDr_Winston

Yes, let's respond to a poor performance by fielding a second string team, most of whom have probably played together about three times.

Genius.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Team for Villa on 00:22 - Oct 20 with 11330 viewsJJJack

Team for Villa on 00:19 - Oct 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Let's rip that sh!t
Above up

Time to give people a chance

Fab
Naughton
Ash
Amat
Tabanou

Ki
Shelvey
Siggy

Montero
Routledge

Eder .

Routledge , i was told, may be out for a couple of weeks though I'm not sure. Was defo injured for tonight. It would be harsh to drop taylor - he's been one of our best players of late though I'm not a fan of his.
Team for Villa on 00:23 - Oct 20 with 11325 viewsUxbridge

I'd play Leon. Need to speed our midfield up. Probably play Ki and Gylfi with him. May be harsh on Jonjo but he can come on.

Our failure to win the midfield battle is the main thing that is causing us to look so shoddy in other areas IMO.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Team for Villa on 00:25 - Oct 20 with 11315 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Team for Villa on 00:21 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

Yes, let's respond to a poor performance by fielding a second string team, most of whom have probably played together about three times.

Genius.

Yeah let's start with that shower tonight
Again

And hopefully
We'll sign Danny boy in January

FFS

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Team for Villa on 00:26 - Oct 20 with 11313 viewsBenJ94

Fabs

Naughton
Fernandez
Williams
Tabanou

KI
Shelves
Cork

Ayew
Gomis
Montero
Team for Villa on 00:26 - Oct 20 with 11311 viewsJJJack

Genius.

The team i've suggested all know each other more than well enough with the exception of Eder. It's hardly second-string. I think we can afford the "risk" against Villa. Ayew was crap tonight but perhaps wasn't 100%. Gomis looks shot of confidence though I'm sure he's trying. Ayew just wandered around aimlessly.
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Villa on 01:14 - Oct 20 with 11236 viewsskippyjack

Fabianski

Rangel
Williams
Fernandez
Tabanou

Ki
Britton
Gylfi

Montero
Eder
Ayew

Rangel for his attacking attributes
Tabanou for his willingness to cross
Eder for his work rate
Montero for his 'Hernandez moments'
Ayew for his predatory instincts in the box
Gylfi for his work rate and delivery
Britton for his mopping up
Ki for his composure and movement off the ball like Gylfi

Dropped

Gomis - his work rate has tailed off.. his play has been woeful
Cork - hasn't mopped up well.. getting sloppy of late
Jonjo - frustration is starting to creep in again.. don't want the cars to start flowing
Barrow - done ok.. but has to make way
Taylor - unfortunate to get the chop.. but we're crying out for something going forward

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Team for Villa on 02:39 - Oct 20 with 11176 viewsdameedna

Team for Villa on 01:14 - Oct 20 by skippyjack

Fabianski

Rangel
Williams
Fernandez
Tabanou

Ki
Britton
Gylfi

Montero
Eder
Ayew

Rangel for his attacking attributes
Tabanou for his willingness to cross
Eder for his work rate
Montero for his 'Hernandez moments'
Ayew for his predatory instincts in the box
Gylfi for his work rate and delivery
Britton for his mopping up
Ki for his composure and movement off the ball like Gylfi

Dropped

Gomis - his work rate has tailed off.. his play has been woeful
Cork - hasn't mopped up well.. getting sloppy of late
Jonjo - frustration is starting to creep in again.. don't want the cars to start flowing
Barrow - done ok.. but has to make way
Taylor - unfortunate to get the chop.. but we're crying out for something going forward

Not meant to quote above

For Villa

Fabianski
Naughton Williams Amat Taylor
Cork Ki Shelvey Siggy Montero
Ayew

I am sure there is PL a striker in Ayew
Can't see how we cannot play our 4 midfielders of Shelvey Ki Siggy and Cork
Montero can swap wings to see where he gets most joy and Cork has a good engine to cover

However Stoke had more quality on the pitch and on the bench particularly up front and what we lack is Wilf, Sturridge and Sterling but so do Stoke

Villa we will beat lump on
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 2:42]
Team for Villa on 03:37 - Oct 20 with 11154 views2bzapt

Fab
Rangel
Amat
Ash
Taylor

Ki
JJS
Siggy

Tabanou
Ayew
Jeff
Team for Villa on 06:17 - Oct 20 with 11107 viewsshandyjack

Fab
Naughts
Ash
Fede
Taylor

Ki
JJS
Siggy

Jeff
Ayew
Gomis

Poll: Expectation for the season

Team for Villa on 06:49 - Oct 20 with 11076 viewssomersetsimon

I was looking forward to seeing Ayew in the centre supported by two wingers, but that really attacking formation is only going to work if the front 4 are on top form and work really hard.

It's pretty clear that, unless we boss the middle of the pitch, we are useless. We need at least 3 out of Ki, Cork, Leon, Shelvey and Gylfi in the centre, so we can control the game.
Team for Villa on 09:53 - Oct 20 with 10946 viewsjohnlangy

Team for Villa on 06:49 - Oct 20 by somersetsimon

I was looking forward to seeing Ayew in the centre supported by two wingers, but that really attacking formation is only going to work if the front 4 are on top form and work really hard.

It's pretty clear that, unless we boss the middle of the pitch, we are useless. We need at least 3 out of Ki, Cork, Leon, Shelvey and Gylfi in the centre, so we can control the game.

Correct.

And quite how anyone reckons Barrow did enough last night to deserve to retain his place I don't know. Did people not see how any times other players were having to tell him what he should be doing. He's young and inexperienced I know but even allowing for that he was awful.
Team for Villa on 10:03 - Oct 20 with 10914 viewsbangorjack

Mix it up and surprise Villa. 3-5-2 with wing backs.

Fab
Fede. Ash. Amat
Rangel. Taylor
Ki. JJS
Sigi
Ayew. Eder
Team for Villa on 10:10 - Oct 20 with 10898 viewsDevz00

Genius.

Absolutely mental, innit? Some crazy thoughts on here.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Team for Villa on 10:12 - Oct 20 with 10887 viewsjacabertawe

Ki, Siggy, Shelvey and Williams are the only essential starters, in my opinion. Gomis can go for a decent price, but an affordable alternative is the problem. Also, I think that our style has become far too predictable: Jeff taking it as far as the line and putting it into the box is easily dealt with when it is so expected. He surely cannot be such a one trick pony? Where has our attacking speed gone, our passing accuracy and general intent?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Team for Villa on 10:26 - Oct 20 with 10860 viewsperchrockjack

Lets face it, we re just posting opinion.

Nobody is right or wrong.

We have quality players underperforming and seem complacent.

I m hoping they ll be angry and be told by Monk to go out and put it right.

Whoever is selected

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Team for Villa on 10:40 - Oct 20 with 10831 viewsjasper_T

Shelvey's "undroppable" status is a big reason for his poor form imo. He's taken his eye off the ball since his England call-up, and has had to labour on while things aren't working and every other midfielder has made way at one point or another. Could do with a rest and a kick up the fat backside.

Ki has been forced out due to his travel commitments, and Cork has been dropped frequently despite being the best holding player we have. Jonjo has the ability to create something from nothing but with the pair of them feeding Gylfi (who Jonjo bypasses more often than not) we might start creating something from something.

We'll never find out, though, as Jonjo is Monk's pet project and to put him on the bench would hurt his ego.
Team for Villa on 10:44 - Oct 20 with 10818 viewsshandyjack

Team for Villa on 10:40 - Oct 20 by jasper_T

Shelvey's "undroppable" status is a big reason for his poor form imo. He's taken his eye off the ball since his England call-up, and has had to labour on while things aren't working and every other midfielder has made way at one point or another. Could do with a rest and a kick up the fat backside.

Ki has been forced out due to his travel commitments, and Cork has been dropped frequently despite being the best holding player we have. Jonjo has the ability to create something from nothing but with the pair of them feeding Gylfi (who Jonjo bypasses more often than not) we might start creating something from something.

We'll never find out, though, as Jonjo is Monk's pet project and to put him on the bench would hurt his ego.

what poor form, he played resonably well last night, was an inch away from scoring. He seems to me the only one putting his hand up at the moment

Poll: Expectation for the season

Team for Villa on 10:45 - Oct 20 with 10812 viewsUxbridge

Fab
Naughton Fed Ash Taylor (maybe Tabanou if he shows up in training and doesn't think his flounce worked)

Leon Ki
Ayew Gylfi Jeff

Gomis

Move the ball quicker in the middle, rest takes care of itself.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Team for Villa on 16:55 - Oct 20 with 10641 viewsswan_si

AYEW SHELVEY GYLFI

KI CORK LEON

TABANOU WILLIAMS AMAT NAUGHTON

FABIANSKI
………………………………………………………………………………………

SUBS
NORDFELDT - TAYLOR - RANGEL - GRIMES - MONTERO - ROUTLEDGE - GOMIS

easy, all sorted 3 nil, 3 points

stupid fecking site, keeps on changing my format.

AYEW
SHELVEY GYLFI
KI CORK LEON
FABIANSKI
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 17:06]
Team for Villa on 01:27 - Oct 21 with 10477 viewsdameedna

Team for Villa on 16:55 - Oct 20 by swan_si

AYEW SHELVEY GYLFI

KI CORK LEON

FABIANSKI
………………………………………………………………………………………

SUBS
NORDFELDT - TAYLOR - RANGEL - GRIMES - MONTERO - ROUTLEDGE - GOMIS

easy, all sorted 3 nil, 3 points

stupid fecking site, keeps on changing my format.

AYEW
SHELVEY GYLFI
KI CORK LEON
FABIANSKI
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 17:06]

That's about it

Thing is when we have tried a narrow formation we have lost except a narrow away win vs Southampton last season

Ideally we need AYEW on form and a 20 million pound striker

In reality we need Ki on the pitch which is not what I would have said up until noW

Ki and Shelvey gave the ability to run the game and AYEW and gylfi are match winners
Team for Villa on 06:34 - Oct 21 with 10418 viewsmichumagic9

Fabianski
Naughton
Fernendez
Williams
Taylor
Ki
Shelvey
Sigurdsson
Ayew
Gomis
Monerto
Team for Villa on 06:51 - Oct 21 with 10409 viewsmichumagic9

Team for Villa on 06:34 - Oct 21 by michumagic9

Fabianski
Naughton
Fernendez
Williams
Taylor
Ki
Shelvey
Sigurdsson
Ayew
Gomis
Monerto

I would actually rather Tabanou start ahead of Taylor but I doubt it will happen and maybe even give Eder a chance ahead of Gomis.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024