Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards 12:19 - Nov 3 with 7181 viewsDevz00

From the OS - http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swans-shortlisted-at-this-years-football

Interesting that they are up for Best Club Marketing Initiative and Best Marketing of a Football Club.

Also, the last para is very interesting - "The team have worked tirelessly on the CRM system and, as a result, the new database went from having 81,126 people (63,500 with email) to 163,412 (120,124 with email) — an increase of 50%."

163,412 people on the Swans database? Potential fans or am I misinterpreting this?

EDIT - Huw nominated for CEO of the Year too

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swans-chairman-huw-jenkins-nominated-for
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 12:49]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Swans shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 13:30 - Nov 3 with 5373 viewsUxbridge

Somewhere, Armchair Blue and Sid Hooper are crying into their coco pops. Even our database is bigger.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 13:58 - Nov 3 with 5350 viewsDevz00

I don’t know why but the figures have surprised me a bit. There is so much potential there.

Is anybody else surprised?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Swans shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 14:05 - Nov 3 with 5340 viewswhiterock

Swans shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 13:58 - Nov 3 by Devz00

I don’t know why but the figures have surprised me a bit. There is so much potential there.

Is anybody else surprised?

1m Facebook likes too, OK we're not Manchester United but we are growing and its amazing what can be achieved if we all pull in the same direction
Swans shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 14:06 - Nov 3 with 5339 viewsBatterseajack

So i guess we're no longer league 2 off the pitch then
Swans shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 14:09 - Nov 3 with 5333 viewsDevz00

Swans shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 14:05 - Nov 3 by whiterock

1m Facebook likes too, OK we're not Manchester United but we are growing and its amazing what can be achieved if we all pull in the same direction

Wow. Just had to have a look for myself then. Crazy!

Everton have 2m in comparison. I think we've done incredibly well.

Stoke have 600,000. So it shows we are more of a global brand? Not strictly down to how many years in the top flight.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 14:17]

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 15:41 - Nov 3 with 5253 viewsLoyal

Why do people always need one person to recognise, Swansea is a about a group effort. for me one of the fans from back then should be picked. Maybe one of those who have since departed.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 15:52 - Nov 3 with 5238 viewsMillJack

Interesting that the marketing department should be short-listed for an award based around the kit lauch. A launch which was completely outsourced to a company with no affiliation to the club. It'll be interesting if the company is mentioned in the acceptance speech.
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 16:17 - Nov 3 with 5213 viewsClinton

As an aside. In the queue n Saturday, I got chatting to a chap from Albuquerque, New Mexico and his father. First time at the ground for them. The message does seem to be spreading.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 16:17 - Nov 3 with 5212 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 15:52 - Nov 3 by MillJack

Interesting that the marketing department should be short-listed for an award based around the kit lauch. A launch which was completely outsourced to a company with no affiliation to the club. It'll be interesting if the company is mentioned in the acceptance speech.

To be fair, most companies will outsource such things. It is still the work of the marketing department to choose the right partner and work with them to produce the finished article.

A lot of things that our marketing department do could be improved in my opinion, but credit where it's due - the kit launch was excellent (albeit that I have no idea whether the cost / benefit to the club makes it worthwhile - you'd need to know what the kit sales figs are like compared to usual and the budget for the launch to comment on that).
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 16:57 - Nov 3 with 5171 viewsEdmundo

90,000 Koreans and the rest of us 😉

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 18:33 - Nov 3 with 5126 viewsLoyal

About as much as all those that got the board where they are were mentioned in the film.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Swans shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 18:37 - Nov 3 with 5124 viewsPhil_S

Swans shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 13:30 - Nov 3 by Uxbridge

Somewhere, Armchair Blue and Sid Hooper are crying into their coco pops. Even our database is bigger.

Whack! Another two former Rivals posters hit to the boundary
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 12:05 - Nov 4 with 4982 viewsDevz00

Thought I would do some research on Facebook 'Likes' as I thought it was quite interesting.

This is how the Premier League looks today:

1. Man Utd............................................66,812,999
2. Chelsea..............................................43,799,727
3. Arsenal..............................................33,817,299
4. LiverpooL..........................................26,487,581
5. Man City...........................................19,825,565
6. Spurs..................................................7,024,184
7. Everton..............................................2,247,134
8. Aston Villa..........................................2,169,081
9. Newcastle Utd...................................1,761,277
10. West Ham........................................1,264,651
11. Southampton...................................1,241,172
12. Sunderland.......................................1,101,755
13. Swansea City....................................1,046,263
14. Crystal Palace.....................................708,334
15. Leicester City......................................632,177
16. Norwich City.......................................614,707
17. Stoke City...........................................606,354
18. WBA...................................................569,371
19. Bournemouth.....................................169,643
20. Watford..............................................161,217

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 12:09 - Nov 4 with 4978 viewsPhil_S

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 12:05 - Nov 4 by Devz00

Thought I would do some research on Facebook 'Likes' as I thought it was quite interesting.

This is how the Premier League looks today:

1. Man Utd............................................66,812,999
2. Chelsea..............................................43,799,727
3. Arsenal..............................................33,817,299
4. LiverpooL..........................................26,487,581
5. Man City...........................................19,825,565
6. Spurs..................................................7,024,184
7. Everton..............................................2,247,134
8. Aston Villa..........................................2,169,081
9. Newcastle Utd...................................1,761,277
10. West Ham........................................1,264,651
11. Southampton...................................1,241,172
12. Sunderland.......................................1,101,755
13. Swansea City....................................1,046,263
14. Crystal Palace.....................................708,334
15. Leicester City......................................632,177
16. Norwich City.......................................614,707
17. Stoke City...........................................606,354
18. WBA...................................................569,371
19. Bournemouth.....................................169,643
20. Watford..............................................161,217

I assume you've done this manually - is there something similar for Twitter followers as I think that's a better gauge?
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 12:21 - Nov 4 with 4969 viewsDevz00

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 12:09 - Nov 4 by Phil_S

I assume you've done this manually - is there something similar for Twitter followers as I think that's a better gauge?

Yeah I just did it manually...i'll have a look at twitter now

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 12:32 - Nov 4 with 4959 viewsDevz00

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 12:21 - Nov 4 by Devz00

Yeah I just did it manually...i'll have a look at twitter now

Twitter followers:

1. Arsenal..............................................6.51m
2. Man Utd............................................6.34m
3. Chelsea..............................................6.21m
4. LiverpooL...........................................4.96m
5. Man City............................................2.78m
6. Spurs..................................................1.26m
7. Everton..............................................660k
8. Newcastle Utd...................................655k
9. Aston Villa..........................................536k
10. West Ham........................................522k
11. Southampton...................................445k
12. Swansea City....................................424k
13. Sunderland.......................................401k
14. Stoke City......................................... 378k
15. WBA..................................................329k
16. Norwich City.....................................288k
17. Crystal Palace...................................264k
18. Leicester City....................................232k
19. Watford............................................108k
20. Bournemouth...................................100k

We've jumped up a place in comparison to Facebook. Interesting how Man U have twice as many 'Likes' as Arsenal, yet Arsenal have more Twitter followers.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 12:46]

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 12:58 - Nov 4 with 4929 viewsPhil_S

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 12:32 - Nov 4 by Devz00

Twitter followers:

1. Arsenal..............................................6.51m
2. Man Utd............................................6.34m
3. Chelsea..............................................6.21m
4. LiverpooL...........................................4.96m
5. Man City............................................2.78m
6. Spurs..................................................1.26m
7. Everton..............................................660k
8. Newcastle Utd...................................655k
9. Aston Villa..........................................536k
10. West Ham........................................522k
11. Southampton...................................445k
12. Swansea City....................................424k
13. Sunderland.......................................401k
14. Stoke City......................................... 378k
15. WBA..................................................329k
16. Norwich City.....................................288k
17. Crystal Palace...................................264k
18. Leicester City....................................232k
19. Watford............................................108k
20. Bournemouth...................................100k

We've jumped up a place in comparison to Facebook. Interesting how Man U have twice as many 'Likes' as Arsenal, yet Arsenal have more Twitter followers.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 12:46]

It is an interesting read but its also good figures for us - we are not a million miles behind the likes of Everton or Newcastle and within touching distance of others

And if we had a good striker we would probably top them
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 14:27 - Nov 4 with 4882 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 12:58 - Nov 4 by Phil_S

It is an interesting read but its also good figures for us - we are not a million miles behind the likes of Everton or Newcastle and within touching distance of others

And if we had a good striker we would probably top them

Our social media figures are artificially inflated by Ki.

He had hundreds of thousands of twitter followers although I think his account has gone now.

The Korean supporters will go elsewhere if he leaves I suspect.

The 'jump' in these numbers over the past couple of years rather than reflect the work of the marketing people probably reflects us signing Ki.

They did a good job on the kit launch though.
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 16:22 - Nov 4 with 4849 viewsMillie

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 14:27 - Nov 4 by londonlisa2001

He had hundreds of thousands of twitter followers although I think his account has gone now.

The 'jump' in these numbers over the past couple of years rather than reflect the work of the marketing people probably reflects us signing Ki.

You have to buy a ticket to win a raffle, I'm sure Real Madrid didn't think to look at shirt sales when they signed Beckham?
The thing is, we sell very few shirts in Korea or anywhere else despite the extensive marketing campaign. Hope they win
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 16:41 - Nov 4 with 4832 viewsLoyal

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 14:27 - Nov 4 by londonlisa2001

You are definitely from Swansea.

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 21:39 - Nov 4 with 4766 viewsxmastree

Utter garbage but I'm sure you felt you could say it and it wouldn't be disputed.
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 22:08 - Nov 4 with 4748 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 16:22 - Nov 4 by Millie

You have to buy a ticket to win a raffle, I'm sure Real Madrid didn't think to look at shirt sales when they signed Beckham?
The thing is, we sell very few shirts in Korea or anywhere else despite the extensive marketing campaign. Hope they win

I'm not saying anything different.
I am simply saying that having one incredibly high profile player from a country which is dominated by social media and the Internet makes a big difference.
Obviously Man Utd etc are the same but because we're at a lower base starting point, the % growth from one player like Ki is massive.
Not a reflection one way or the other - just reality.
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 22:10 - Nov 4 with 4746 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 21:39 - Nov 4 by xmastree

Utter garbage but I'm sure you felt you could say it and it wouldn't be disputed.

Some of us did dispute it !
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 22:32 - Nov 4 with 4727 viewsxmastree

Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 22:10 - Nov 4 by londonlisa2001

Some of us did dispute it !

You did
Swans/Huw shortlisted at Football Business Awards on 23:20 - Nov 4 with 4707 viewsMillie

Any figures for Instagram? You gotta get down wid da kidz
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024