Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what has happened to us exactly? 16:55 - Nov 7 with 7218 viewsRancid

I'm sure we all have our own opinions on it and i have mine, which is the purchase and usage of Ayew.A lot might disagree and probably will but what's your thoughts on why we've suddenly become so poor?
So what has happened to us exactly? on 16:58 - Nov 7 with 3953 viewsJonTheJack

His goals have kept criticism away. But he clearly doesn't fit in with our style of play. He's another that Monk is too scared to drop.

Why we got rid of Dyer is getting highlighted more and more. We have no change of strategy.
So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:00 - Nov 7 with 3920 viewsChippy69

Mine is were fecking rubbish,and will be in big trouble if we try to pass the ball into the net

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:00 - Nov 7 with 3907 viewsNeath_Jack

We are very unbalanced and i think that Ayew is a big part of that. JJS and Ki are both trying to do the same job in the same areas, we would be better off playing Leon in there in place of one of them. We are creating zilch at the moment.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:01 - Nov 7 with 3883 viewsKGriz16

i don't think you can pin it all on one player. Siggy hasn't exactly been the player he was last season. Gomis looks slow and heavy when he's on the ball, bad touches etc. The defence looks shot of confidence especially Fernandez. I think Monk choses to accommodate a lot of the players on that pitch when they aren't deserving of places on recent performances whatsoever.
I saw a stat at half time that we had passed the ball around and all the players at high percentage completion rates, to me that means f*ck all unless the passes are threatening in the final third or are with the aim of penetration. At the moment, the team looks slow and laboured, there's no urgency there.
So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:04 - Nov 7 with 3843 viewsSheffieldjack

I can't understand why we don't try Ayew as the main striker - his touch is good and he can score a goal or two. Then we could revert to having two out and out wingers and the team would be better balanced. Thoughts?
So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:11 - Nov 7 with 3773 viewsdobjack2

A poor transfer window has not strengthened the squad. From the game time Eder gets it is clear that he is not rated by the manager. The risk of having only two central strikers is clear. Ayew is unbalancing the midfield and I don't know what we are trying to do there. As for the other signings they don't get near the bench.

I get the feeling that we are putting what we feel are our best players on the pitch but they are not the best team. That is something the management team need to sort out fast.

Add to that a lack of confidence and you have serious problems.

Sort the shape of the team out and other things should start falling into place
So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:15 - Nov 7 with 3734 viewsPozuelosSideys

Gomis, Ayew and Fernandez are Monks' 'big' money signings, he wont drop any of them.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:15 - Nov 7 with 3734 viewsRancid

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:11 - Nov 7 by dobjack2

A poor transfer window has not strengthened the squad. From the game time Eder gets it is clear that he is not rated by the manager. The risk of having only two central strikers is clear. Ayew is unbalancing the midfield and I don't know what we are trying to do there. As for the other signings they don't get near the bench.

I get the feeling that we are putting what we feel are our best players on the pitch but they are not the best team. That is something the management team need to sort out fast.

Add to that a lack of confidence and you have serious problems.

Sort the shape of the team out and other things should start falling into place

Yeah agree with this.I'm concerned Garry doesn't know what to do with us.
Login to get fewer ads

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:16 - Nov 7 with 3722 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Unbalanced team

We need Montero & routs out wide from now on , the rest can battle it out for positions

Poor centre forward needs dropping / replacing , maybe .

That's it in a nut shell for me .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:17 - Nov 7 with 3716 viewsKGriz16

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:15 - Nov 7 by PozuelosSideys

Gomis, Ayew and Fernandez are Monks' 'big' money signings, he wont drop any of them.

I wouldn't want to see Ayew dropped. The other two yeah. Fernandez is a liability and Gomis looks like he cba
So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:17 - Nov 7 with 3705 viewshobo

Surely you would think how a player would fit into the team before signing them??
So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:20 - Nov 7 with 3671 viewsPozuelosSideys

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:17 - Nov 7 by KGriz16

I wouldn't want to see Ayew dropped. The other two yeah. Fernandez is a liability and Gomis looks like he cba

I think Ayew is a fine player, but he wont work in our side in our current situation.

If and when teams shut Montero down (and thats easy given how slow we move the ball around currently (think its why he brought Britton on?!), we can only attack down the middle and thats uber easy to defend if teams play like Norwich did. We have no attacking threat down the right hand side as Ayew likes to cut in, and its also why Naughton gets isolated so often. Shelvey or Gylfi cant shoot from distance either as teams overload the middle, therefore we have nowhere to go.

Fernandez is just gash. Amat must be wondering wtf he is doing here.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:21 - Nov 7 with 3662 viewsAngelRangelQS

Has anyone given any thought to the fact that Ayew may have upset some coming in on potentially substantially higher wages than others?

Not based on anything mind, just a thought.
So what has happened to us exactly? on 18:42 - Nov 7 with 3527 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:21 - Nov 7 by AngelRangelQS

Has anyone given any thought to the fact that Ayew may have upset some coming in on potentially substantially higher wages than others?

I doubt that very much .

It's been said above ,once they snuff out Montero it's all down the middle as we have no real width out on the right .

It takes a top top team to try and get goals through the middle ala Barca.

Let's get back to proper width , that's what we do best .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

So what has happened to us exactly? on 18:50 - Nov 7 with 3505 viewscurleigh

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:16 - Nov 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

Unbalanced team

We need Montero & routs out wide from now on , the rest can battle it out for positions

Poor centre forward needs dropping / replacing , maybe .

That's it in a nut shell for me .

Agree with this. we need to go back to 2 out and out wingers to give us options on both flanks, it also gives us more room in midfield, also need to give Eder a run of game, Gomis seems for some reason undroppable.
So what has happened to us exactly? on 19:16 - Nov 7 with 3433 viewsdobjack2

So what has happened to us exactly? on 18:50 - Nov 7 by curleigh

Agree with this. we need to go back to 2 out and out wingers to give us options on both flanks, it also gives us more room in midfield, also need to give Eder a run of game, Gomis seems for some reason undroppable.

Or is it that the manager thinks that Eder is not good enough and he is only on the bench because we don't have anyone else in the squad?

Maybe Gomis is one of these players that scores in bursts and Garry is hoping that by keeping him on he'll get one and get back on a scoring run.

All speculation on my part.

I think that Garry ought to post on planet swans and tell everyone what he is thinking and what is going on behind the scenes to help us understand what is happening and to give us all the information we need to give him sound advice about how to put things right.
So what has happened to us exactly? on 19:26 - Nov 7 with 3400 viewskarnataka

Our style over the last few seasons, such that it was, dictates that we have a defensive midfielder protecting the back 4, breaking up opposition attacks and making himself available for a pass. We also need 2 wide players and Ayew is not one of them. Then we need to pick 3 other players to fit in with that basic template and it clearly won't accommodate Ki, Shelvey, Sigurdsson, Gomis and Ayew and they have to be rotated, rested, whatever.
So what has happened to us exactly? on 19:43 - Nov 7 with 3345 viewsLeonisGod

So what has happened to us exactly? on 17:21 - Nov 7 by AngelRangelQS

If that's true about the wages, it's highly possible. I don't want to make Ayew an escaped goat, but the guy is anonymous in games. He rarely helps us build any momentum on the ball going forward. But then he pops up with goals, so it's difficult to criticise. But as TEAM we were more together with a natural wide player on the right. Why Garry doesn't try the 'diamond' now he's got a player like Ayew is beyond me.
So what has happened to us exactly? on 19:48 - Nov 7 with 3327 viewsAngelRangelQS

So what has happened to us exactly? on 19:16 - Nov 7 by dobjack2

Or is it that the manager thinks that Eder is not good enough and he is only on the bench because we don't have anyone else in the squad?

Maybe Gomis is one of these players that scores in bursts and Garry is hoping that by keeping him on he'll get one and get back on a scoring run.

All speculation on my part.

I think that Garry ought to post on planet swans and tell everyone what he is thinking and what is going on behind the scenes to help us understand what is happening and to give us all the information we need to give him sound advice about how to put things right.

Bloody hell if Eder ain't good enough and Tabanou ain't right either then that's £8.5million totally wasted this summer
So what has happened to us exactly? on 19:57 - Nov 7 with 3294 viewsdobjack2

So what has happened to us exactly? on 19:48 - Nov 7 by AngelRangelQS

Bloody hell if Eder ain't good enough and Tabanou ain't right either then that's £8.5million totally wasted this summer

All speculation of course but with the small amount of game time Eder gets and Tabanou doesn't get into the squad it does make you think that something may have gone wrong on the scouting front
So what has happened to us exactly? on 20:03 - Nov 7 with 3264 viewswestside

laudrup brought in lots of good players like michu, bony, chico, jdg, pablo, etc

monk inherited laudrup's team and was successfull.

now we're seeing monk's team and unfortunately he's been found out.

so now we're a one dimensional disjointed lethargic shadow of our former selves.
So what has happened to us exactly? on 20:04 - Nov 7 with 3261 viewsOldjack

You can start by playing Jon jo as an attacking midfielder he's far more effective, Leon or Cork can play in that position .Rotate Ki and Siggy, add pace and the chances will return

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

So what has happened to us exactly? on 20:08 - Nov 7 with 3246 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So what has happened to us exactly? on 19:43 - Nov 7 by LeonisGod

If that's true about the wages, it's highly possible. I don't want to make Ayew an escaped goat, but the guy is anonymous in games. He rarely helps us build any momentum on the ball going forward. But then he pops up with goals, so it's difficult to criticise. But as TEAM we were more together with a natural wide player on the right. Why Garry doesn't try the 'diamond' now he's got a player like Ayew is beyond me.

Add the undroppable Gomis wages to that equation.
So what has happened to us exactly? on 20:10 - Nov 7 with 3232 viewsPhil_S

So what has happened to us exactly? on 20:03 - Nov 7 by westside

laudrup brought in lots of good players like michu, bony, chico, jdg, pablo, etc

monk inherited laudrup's team and was successfull.

now we're seeing monk's team and unfortunately he's been found out.

so now we're a one dimensional disjointed lethargic shadow of our former selves.

Let's not rewrite history with "monk inherited laudrup's team and was successfull."

Whether he is the right man for the job now or not is irrelevant but we did not achieve our best ever PL season with Laudrup's team so give him some credit for what he achieved whether it turns out he will be here long term or not
So what has happened to us exactly? on 20:20 - Nov 7 with 3190 viewsSwansea93

Gomis head is probably still in Dubai, and Ayew's is probably in Merseyside.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024