Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£150M or Monk 18:43 - Nov 7 with 3271 viewstomdickharry

That's the decision Jenkins and the board have to make,next season's pot of gold or the threat of relegation becoming a reality.

This post has been edited by an administrator
E£150M or Monk on 18:47 - Nov 7 with 3236 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

How many points from safety are we now? I'm too lethargic to look at the table.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

E£150M or Monk on 18:53 - Nov 7 with 3212 viewsLandore_Jack

Poor summer signings with the exception of Ayew. We have lost our identity with our style of play. Too many players under performing. Questions have to be asked why.

#backtojack

E£150M or Monk on 18:58 - Nov 7 with 3155 viewsraynor94

Overreaction of the highest order from tdh again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

E£150M or Monk on 19:03 - Nov 7 with 3115 viewsmorningstar

E£150M or Monk on 18:47 - Nov 7 by FearOfAJackPlanet

How many points from safety are we now? I'm too lethargic to look at the table.

Does it matter at this stage of the season? Or do you think we can hold on with what we've got?

Anyway, it's 5. Could be 2 if we lose next week.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

E£150M or Monk on 19:03 - Nov 7 with 3112 viewsFlashberryjack

E£150M or Monk on 18:58 - Nov 7 by raynor94

Do you think so..... So you don't think we are in with a big chance of being relegated?
I'd be very interested to know your reasons why.....seriously

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

E£150M or Monk on 19:09 - Nov 7 with 3080 viewsraynor94

Not a big chance at all, yes we are in a bad run, but I think we are easily capable of averaging a point a game, the only slight worry I have is there seems to be some disharmony in the squad which needs nipping in the bud

E£150M or Monk on 19:11 - Nov 7 with 3060 viewsLandore_Jack

1 win in 8. No shots are target today. We lost to team who are favourites for relegation. We have every right to be concerned.

#backtojack

E£150M or Monk on 19:43 - Nov 7 with 2968 viewsFlashberryjack

E£150M or Monk on 19:09 - Nov 7 by raynor94

Not a big chance at all, yes we are in a bad run, but I think we are easily capable of averaging a point a game, the only slight worry I have is there seems to be some disharmony in the squad which needs nipping in the bud

Fair comment....but it's my opinion (and only my opinion) that it's a bit more than disharmony in the squad.

I sincerely hope you're right, and I'm just overreacting after a couple of horrible performances.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

E£150M or Monk on 20:08 - Nov 7 with 2886 viewsBorojack

E£150M or Monk on 19:09 - Nov 7 by raynor94

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bury+head+in+sand&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isc

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

E£150M or Monk on 20:13 - Nov 7 with 2848 viewsraynor94

E£150M or Monk on 20:08 - Nov 7 by Borojack

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bury+head+in+sand&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isc

of course 1 win in nine is concern, but reading this board tonight we are already relegated, a gross overreaction, bump this thread again in January

E£150M or Monk on 20:24 - Nov 7 with 2774 viewsLandore_Jack

At present we are showing relegation form. 1 win in 9 is not good enough. I am not saying we will be relegated but our performances must improve. Anybody in this league can be relegated and the last thing we want is to be in a relegation fight with other potential teams. Yes its only November, but the alarm bell are already ringing.

#backtojack

E£150M or Monk on 20:27 - Nov 7 with 2735 viewsjojaca

E£150M or Monk on 20:24 - Nov 7 by Landore_Jack

At present we are showing relegation form. 1 win in 9 is not good enough. I am not saying we will be relegated but our performances must improve. Anybody in this league can be relegated and the last thing we want is to be in a relegation fight with other potential teams. Yes its only November, but the alarm bell are already ringing.

The performances are a bigger concern than the results of late.

Even when you know, you never know?

E£150M or Monk on 20:34 - Nov 7 with 2696 viewsNookiejack

What I really cant understand tonight is how we let them score. Yes we looked like at that time the only team of picking up 3 points - however with so much at stake - not losing too Norwich was so important. We should have been defending for our lives - to ensure Norwich could not close the gap on us. It didn't matter about winning - it mattered that there was no chance that they could get 3 points - given where they were pre match compared to us.

That is what i cannot understand giving away such a soft goal.

Imagine Tony Pulls or Sm Allardyce managing us in in today's situation. They would have 10 players behind the ball.

What the feck we're we doing?
E£150M or Monk on 20:36 - Nov 7 with 2666 viewsLandore_Jack

E£150M or Monk on 20:27 - Nov 7 by jojaca

The performances are a bigger concern than the results of late.

Completely agree. No shots on target today. That is unacceptable. It makes you wonder what James Beattie actually does during training sessions.

#backtojack

E£150M or Monk on 20:39 - Nov 7 with 2648 viewsmorningstar

E£150M or Monk on 20:34 - Nov 7 by Nookiejack

What I really cant understand tonight is how we let them score. Yes we looked like at that time the only team of picking up 3 points - however with so much at stake - not losing too Norwich was so important. We should have been defending for our lives - to ensure Norwich could not close the gap on us. It didn't matter about winning - it mattered that there was no chance that they could get 3 points - given where they were pre match compared to us.

Imagine Tony Pulls or Sm Allardyce managing us in in today's situation. They would have 10 players behind the ball.

Heh heh! You didn't fool me. But there will be a few who think your being serious i'm sure. Just bide your time.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

E£150M or Monk on 20:49 - Nov 7 with 2579 viewsNookiejack

E£150M or Monk on 18:58 - Nov 7 by raynor94

If I was a shareholder tonight I would be very very nervous.. Each of those shareholders (not taking into account the Trust) have £5m to £20m at stake - they must be getting very twitchy.

Yes on reflection it looks like we have tried to do this season on the cheap - which is ultimately there issue as it is their money at stake.
Gomis scoring record has been a worry since he joined us - his best scoring threat is from headers - he is not good on 1:1 situations, nor high goal to chances conversion ratio and does not have a good shot. (bar Man City at Home last season - but that is a lot of games in between). His scoring run at the beginning of the season glossed over underlying problem - yet that also included a penalty.

So not investing in an adequate back up striker could really haunt us. £5m on Eder?

Stoke invested about £30m net - this could really come back to bite us.

Both teams very poor today and no-one looked liked scoring. Eder must be cr?p for Monk not to start hime given Gomis' form.

We didn't create anything significant today which is a big worry - especially given Norwich are relatively poor defensively at this level.

For me Villa are dead certs to go down - however then given current form between us, Sunderland, Bournemouth and Norwich. I think Newcastle are improving but we are going backwards. We really need to change downward momentum very quickly.
£150M or Monk on 20:54 - Nov 7 with 2554 viewsmonmouth

Bournemouth looked a billion times better than Newcastle today. Nine times out of ten they winthat game easily. I don't think they'll go down (I don't think we will either). On the other hand you are spot on re Narch. Not kept a clean sheet all season according to the commentators..well not until today anyway.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

E£150M or Monk on 20:56 - Nov 7 with 2542 viewsBrynmill_Jack

E£150M or Monk on 19:43 - Nov 7 by Flashberryjack

Fair comment....but it's my opinion (and only my opinion) that it's a bit more than disharmony in the squad.

I sincerely hope you're right, and I'm just overreacting after a couple of horrible performances.

That's why Monk convinced Jenkins and co to get rid of Laudrup for that very reason.
Ironic as feck

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

E£150M or Monk on 21:12 - Nov 7 with 2459 viewsBrynmill_Jack

E£150M or Monk on 20:34 - Nov 7 by Nookiejack

I think Allardyce would have got his shotgun out in the dressing room at half time. And quite rightly too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

£150M or Monk on 21:15 - Nov 7 with 2446 viewsNookiejack

I remember last season when Ki scored a lucky deflected goal away to Hull and they had nothing. I said to myself they will probably go down as couldn't recall a home PL side not being able to put any pressure on us when they were a goal down.

This season we have turned into Hull. Stoke Home, Villa away (bar Siggy wonder free-kick), today's performance.

What is even more worrying is that when we do play ok we then give soft goals away - Fabianski has a nightmare against Spurs with his positioning from those two Eriksen free kicks., Ash gives away such a soft goal last week missing header against Arsenal.

I think some of the problem has come from Ash and Taylor giving so much Internationally to get Wales through to Euro championships - which meant we weren't 100% up for Watford away and Stoke at home - which were very big games for us in hindsight.

You just get the impression they have proved themselves in the PL so are not motivated by PL anymore -their focus now is taking Wales as far as they can in the upcoming Euros.

Ash and Taylor should be having a rest to freshen up during upcoming friendly international. I really think they need a break. Ash will be the driving force behind whether we stay up or not.

This season is so big for us with TV rights going up so much - which could then put us in a very strong position for seasons to come,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024