Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Michu 15:02 - Nov 9 with 10029 viewsforkbeard

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swansea-city-part-company-with-michu-278
Goodbye Michu on 15:08 - Nov 9 with 4157 viewswhiterock

ATB Michu mush
Goodbye Michu on 15:18 - Nov 9 with 4101 viewsmichumagic9

Goodbye to the player who was once my favourite footballer in the World. Michu is one of the main reasons I started to love football and Swansea. I'll never forget what you did for us, thank you Michu and goodbye.
Goodbye Michu on 15:27 - Nov 9 with 4077 viewsPrivate_Partz

Goodbye Michu on 15:08 - Nov 9 by whiterock

ATB Michu mush

Seconded. I wish him well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Goodbye Michu on 15:44 - Nov 9 with 4035 viewsicecoldjack

Darran will be along any minute now to say "f-ck him"

All the best to him from me too, will go down as one of the greatest signings ever made for us at a time when Swansea were every neutral fans favourite team playing football i've not seen us match before or after .

Beating Valencia, winning the league cup, his goals against Arsenal up there, the semi final against Chelsea, his very first goals away at QPR when we were all blown away by just how good the team was performing.

Shame how it ended, that goes for the likes of Chico,JDG and Pablo too .

Once Amat moves on it will be an end of an Era.
Goodbye Michu on 15:48 - Nov 9 with 4018 viewsDarran

He had one great season but I couldn't give a f*ck what he does now.
F*ck him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goodbye Michu on 15:52 - Nov 9 with 3992 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It puzzles me why people are wishing him the best. The man clearly didn't give a damn about Swansea City or any of its fans. He's been collecting his weekly wage (speculated to be upwards of £40,000) while seemingly in a stand off with the club regarding his future.

I hope he rots at whatever non league Spanish club he ends up at personally.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Goodbye Michu on 15:54 - Nov 9 with 3980 viewsDarran

Goodbye Michu on 15:52 - Nov 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It puzzles me why people are wishing him the best. The man clearly didn't give a damn about Swansea City or any of its fans. He's been collecting his weekly wage (speculated to be upwards of £40,000) while seemingly in a stand off with the club regarding his future.

Great post and so true.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goodbye Michu on 15:56 - Nov 9 with 3970 viewsSwans1555

I wish him all the best. I'm not sure about what's been going on behind closed doors, but for a season and a half he brought an excitement to watching the Swans that I've never experienced with any other player.
Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye Michu on 15:57 - Nov 9 with 3964 viewsGeoffThom

Will go down as one of the best ever to play for us ,shame it ended so quickly ,buenos Michu
Goodbye Michu on 15:58 - Nov 9 with 3958 viewslovejuicejack

True Swansea great
Goodbye Michu on 16:01 - Nov 9 with 3943 viewsjack_lord

I hope he has been paying tax on that but as I understand it, the situation as been very amicable.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Goodbye Michu on 16:19 - Nov 9 with 3885 viewsAustinIsOurHero

He's earned a small fortune off the back of us.

Yes, he was a fantastic player in his brief time with us, but unfortunately, his behaviour towards the club has tarnished his reputation & legacy.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Goodbye Michu on 16:29 - Nov 9 with 3837 viewsjasper_T

It's hopelessly naive to believe that the rift was one-sided. He doesn't owe Swansea City anything.

For that first six month period he was one of our best ever imo. Huge shame that things declined so badly for him on and off the field.
Goodbye Michu on 16:42 - Nov 9 with 3807 viewsicecoldjack

Well it could be argued that he earned the money. We stayed up with his goals,went to Europe because of his goals , won a cup because of his goals.

I think if you ask most they were quite happy that he helped earn us £60m which helped us buy Bony which helped us make a profit of £10m on his sale.

All in all i think we can say we just about broke even on Michu's wages for the last 2 seasons!

If some of the current crop,alot earning more than Michu by the way, gave the same amount of passion and fight to win every ball then the Swans would be in a far healthier state.

I hope he goes on and does well elsewhere, different strokes for different folks i suppose .
Goodbye Michu on 16:50 - Nov 9 with 3772 viewsDavillin

Goodbye Michu on 16:42 - Nov 9 by icecoldjack

Well it could be argued that he earned the money. We stayed up with his goals,went to Europe because of his goals , won a cup because of his goals.

I think if you ask most they were quite happy that he helped earn us £60m which helped us buy Bony which helped us make a profit of £10m on his sale.

All in all i think we can say we just about broke even on Michu's wages for the last 2 seasons!

If some of the current crop,alot earning more than Michu by the way, gave the same amount of passion and fight to win every ball then the Swans would be in a far healthier state.

I hope he goes on and does well elsewhere, different strokes for different folks i suppose .

I feel no obligation to take sides on this matter, and don't want to anyway, but for what it's worth, I agree with the points made by icecoldjack, above.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Goodbye Michu on 16:54 - Nov 9 with 3759 viewsdeanscfc

In that season I think Michu was the best player to ever play for the Swans. More quality than Bony even in my opinion. What would we give to have someone like him up front now instead of Gomis? Never bottled it for a 1 on 1 that's for sure.
Goodbye Michu on 17:07 - Nov 9 with 3715 viewslondonlisa2001

Goodbye Michu on 16:54 - Nov 9 by deanscfc

In that season I think Michu was the best player to ever play for the Swans. More quality than Bony even in my opinion. What would we give to have someone like him up front now instead of Gomis? Never bottled it for a 1 on 1 that's for sure.

Who knows what happened there and it's difficult to make any real judgment without the facts so won't bother commenting on him leaving other than to say I'm glad it's over.

But 'best player ever' - not a chance. He was fabulous in the first 6 or 7 months and had some brilliant moments afterwards as well (Valencia away for example), but there's a man on our coaching staff who was an infinitely better player than Michu ever was. And never bottled a 1 on 1 - selective memory I'm afraid - what about that glorious chance he had away at Cardiff when he ballooned it over the bar in the first half?

He was an excellent player, and for a while took most chances that fell his way (and of course he was better than Gomis appears to be), but people talk as though he was invincible - his second season for us he was bang average a lot of the time.
Goodbye Michu on 17:28 - Nov 9 with 3675 viewsOldjack

He brought massive enjoyment too many many fans. Damn shame it had to end in tears
All the best you tit

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Goodbye Michu on 17:35 - Nov 9 with 3665 viewsdeanscfc

Goodbye Michu on 17:07 - Nov 9 by londonlisa2001

Who knows what happened there and it's difficult to make any real judgment without the facts so won't bother commenting on him leaving other than to say I'm glad it's over.

But 'best player ever' - not a chance. He was fabulous in the first 6 or 7 months and had some brilliant moments afterwards as well (Valencia away for example), but there's a man on our coaching staff who was an infinitely better player than Michu ever was. And never bottled a 1 on 1 - selective memory I'm afraid - what about that glorious chance he had away at Cardiff when he ballooned it over the bar in the first half?

He was an excellent player, and for a while took most chances that fell his way (and of course he was better than Gomis appears to be), but people talk as though he was invincible - his second season for us he was bang average a lot of the time.

People should just watch that clip to refresh their memories. Michu was emphatic.

The Cardiff away game was the game that he got injured - I don't believe he went into that game 100% fit and in the games he played after he was clearly not the same player. At the start of that second season (against Palace i think I recall), he was again man of the match and MOTD did a feature on how good is performance was.

Regarding whether we had better players previously - I am talking as someone who believes the standard is higher in this premier league than it was 30-35 years ago.

p.s. goal #15 - none of our players now would create a goal from that.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 17:42]
Goodbye Michu on 17:40 - Nov 9 with 3652 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He gave everything to ML & the club, including his ability to play.
He was without doubt the best signing in the Prem for that season and played way above his pay grade.
I do hope there is a clause in the agreement that if he is fit enough to play it will NOT be in the Prem.
Goodbye Michu on 17:43 - Nov 9 with 3640 viewsjasper_T

It's worth remembering that he sat on his arse while NAPOLI paid him his wages all last season, not us. And we got an upfront payment for it.

Michu's a good lad.
Goodbye Michu on 17:59 - Nov 9 with 3601 viewsSwansNZ

Great one season, so many great memories, but that was in the past.
I don’t particularly care what he does now, but it was a bit sad the way it ended.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Goodbye Michu on 18:05 - Nov 9 with 3586 viewslondonlisa2001

Goodbye Michu on 17:35 - Nov 9 by deanscfc

People should just watch that clip to refresh their memories. Michu was emphatic.

The Cardiff away game was the game that he got injured - I don't believe he went into that game 100% fit and in the games he played after he was clearly not the same player. At the start of that second season (against Palace i think I recall), he was again man of the match and MOTD did a feature on how good is performance was.

Regarding whether we had better players previously - I am talking as someone who believes the standard is higher in this premier league than it was 30-35 years ago.

p.s. goal #15 - none of our players now would create a goal from that.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 17:42]

I don't need to watch the clip - I saw pretty much all of them live.

And there's no argument compared to our current players - I was disagreeing with the assessment about best ever - I've certainly seen better. Irrespective of the standard, the players that were at the top or the game in any era would also be at the top now.

But the point you made about fitness is the interesting one - everyone that thinks he could do no wrong assumes that when he was crap he was unfit. Maybe he was just being crap. Maybe it's not that his 'normal' play dropped so dramatically after all - maybe it's that he had one golden season where he could do no wrong and the rest of his career was his usual performance level. Maybe that's actually why no one would pay for him and we got him for £2m. Whichever it is, for players to be great, they have to do it for a lot longer than one season.

Anyway - it really doesn't matter - he's gone.
Goodbye Michu on 18:11 - Nov 9 with 3559 viewsdeanscfc

Goodbye Michu on 18:05 - Nov 9 by londonlisa2001

I don't need to watch the clip - I saw pretty much all of them live.

And there's no argument compared to our current players - I was disagreeing with the assessment about best ever - I've certainly seen better. Irrespective of the standard, the players that were at the top or the game in any era would also be at the top now.

But the point you made about fitness is the interesting one - everyone that thinks he could do no wrong assumes that when he was crap he was unfit. Maybe he was just being crap. Maybe it's not that his 'normal' play dropped so dramatically after all - maybe it's that he had one golden season where he could do no wrong and the rest of his career was his usual performance level. Maybe that's actually why no one would pay for him and we got him for £2m. Whichever it is, for players to be great, they have to do it for a lot longer than one season.

Anyway - it really doesn't matter - he's gone.

But the fact is that he did have injury problems - simple as that. He attempted to come back from them but it wasn't to be. Even Lionel Messi would be pretty average if his ankles were gone. Michu had time on the ball which other players didn't seem to have and I think that is a sign of a quality player.
Goodbye Michu on 18:12 - Nov 9 with 3557 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Goodbye Michu on 16:42 - Nov 9 by icecoldjack

Great post ice cold

All the best Michu

You crazy son of a bitch !!!!

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024