Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry hints at changes... 08:48 - Nov 11 with 12710 viewsmidswan

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-boss-Garry-Monk-hints-team-

wonder if the much lauded 'chat' with HJ and/or senior players has anything to do with it ?
Garry hints at changes... on 08:50 - Nov 11 with 6494 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If it's taken a chat with the chairman for him to accept changes are needed then I'm afraid this is going to end poorly. He should have identified this weeks ago.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Garry hints at changes... on 08:54 - Nov 11 with 6488 viewsmidswan

Garry hints at changes... on 08:50 - Nov 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If it's taken a chat with the chairman for him to accept changes are needed then I'm afraid this is going to end poorly. He should have identified this weeks ago.

Fair point, that was the bit quoted that stood out for me, that he now has this international break to identify and look at the squad re changes........as you said, one man and his dog could see changes have been needed for a few weeks now.
Garry hints at changes... on 09:16 - Nov 11 with 6405 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry hints at changes... on 08:54 - Nov 11 by midswan

Fair point, that was the bit quoted that stood out for me, that he now has this international break to identify and look at the squad re changes........as you said, one man and his dog could see changes have been needed for a few weeks now.

A blind man and his guide dog, presumably.
Garry hints at changes... on 09:19 - Nov 11 with 6389 viewsLandore_Jack

Replace Gomis with either Ayew or Eder.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2015 9:22]

#backtojack

Garry hints at changes... on 09:42 - Nov 11 with 6328 viewsjojaca

Garry hints at changes... on 09:19 - Nov 11 by Landore_Jack

Replace Gomis with either Ayew or Eder.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2015 9:22]

Personal changes won't make any difference if we keep employing the same match day tactics.

Even when you know, you never know?

Garry hints at changes... on 09:56 - Nov 11 with 6286 viewsUxbridge

Garry hints at changes... on 09:16 - Nov 11 by WarwickHunt

A blind man and his guide dog, presumably.

Nothing wrong with giving your players every opportunity. Would tend to agree that changes should have been made earlier, but ultimately it's a judgement call. Couldn't really take that view after the Norwich game though ... that was as bad in an attacking sense as I've seen us in years.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Garry hints at changes... on 10:08 - Nov 11 with 6243 viewsjacabertawe

Yes, not just team revamp, but the way we have been playing of late. I have been watching reruns of our matches with Michu and what enjoyable, attacking football it was.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Garry hints at changes... on 10:15 - Nov 11 with 6212 viewslovejuicejack

Manager in trying to save his job shocker
Login to get fewer ads

Garry hints at changes... on 10:42 - Nov 11 with 6137 viewsmonmouth

Garry hints at changes... on 08:50 - Nov 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't see how it can end anything but with GM leaving now anyway. If he's successful he will clear off at the first sniff metaphorically waving two fingers and if he fails he will be sacked. I can't see how the whole way this has played itself out can mean anything but a soured relationship and feelings of disenchantment.

The board had better be considering the next manager seriously whatever happens.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry hints at changes... on 10:47 - Nov 11 with 6125 viewsmonmouth

Garry hints at changes... on 10:08 - Nov 11 by jacabertawe

Yes, not just team revamp, but the way we have been playing of late. I have been watching reruns of our matches with Michu and what enjoyable, attacking football it was.

Like consecutive games Aston Villa and Stoke away and Everton home you mean (aggregate 0-7). Followed by scraping a draw with bottom club and eventually relegated Reading from two goals down and then just scraping past Wigan which might well have saved Laudrup's ass. Or any game starting with or following Newcastle home? Or the Cardiff derby away? Those games?

Or just the rose tinted ones like the demoltions of QPR, Arsenal away and the league cup run?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2015 10:48]

Garry hints at changes... on 10:54 - Nov 11 with 6099 viewsicecoldjack

Garry hints at changes... on 10:42 - Nov 11 by monmouth

I don't see how it can end anything but with GM leaving now anyway. If he's successful he will clear off at the first sniff metaphorically waving two fingers and if he fails he will be sacked. I can't see how the whole way this has played itself out can mean anything but a soured relationship and feelings of disenchantment.

The board had better be considering the next manager seriously whatever happens.

Maybe they already are considering the next guy ? Monk after all is coming up to the 2 year manager change !

I think there needs to be a re focus by all, i dont feel the need for drastic change just yet more of a redicovery of what our principles are.

I think monk has been a bit over eger to change things up and its spoiled the swansea recipe , the whole idea of having him was IMO that he would keep the footballing principles the same, i think its a job where you just need to make small adjustments. Brendan did it, so did sousa and laudrup, just small tweaks here and there .

Personally i think he any conversation with the board would be along those lines .
Garry hints at changes... on 10:58 - Nov 11 with 6084 viewsRuDeMan1970

Fabianski, Rangel, Williams, Bartley, Tabanou, Britton, Ki, Shelvey, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Ayew (subs: Nordfelt, Naughton, Taylor, Fernandes, Montero, Eder, Gomis)
This is my squad based on the fact that we are at home and - with all due respect - it's against Bournemouth.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Garry hints at changes... on 11:02 - Nov 11 with 6069 viewsmonmouth

Garry hints at changes... on 10:58 - Nov 11 by RuDeMan1970

Fabianski, Rangel, Williams, Bartley, Tabanou, Britton, Ki, Shelvey, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Ayew (subs: Nordfelt, Naughton, Taylor, Fernandes, Montero, Eder, Gomis)
This is my squad based on the fact that we are at home and - with all due respect - it's against Bournemouth.

Bournemouths weakness is their defence but they are very quick on the counter. We simply have to come out like the charge of the light brigade given what's been said. It could be a high scoring nail biter. We need to score first.

Garry hints at changes... on 11:15 - Nov 11 with 6021 viewscontroversial_jack

Garry hints at changes... on 11:02 - Nov 11 by monmouth

Bournemouths weakness is their defence but they are very quick on the counter. We simply have to come out like the charge of the light brigade given what's been said. It could be a high scoring nail biter. We need to score first.

I'm assuming you know what happened to the light brigade.
Garry hints at changes... on 11:17 - Nov 11 with 6013 viewsUxbridge

Garry hints at changes... on 10:42 - Nov 11 by monmouth

Why? He's got the backing of the club, probably more so than would have had elsewhere. Support from the fan base is still generally positive from what I've seen . Big few games coming up of course but all things being equal I see no reason why it's the beginning of the end.

The press can do one.

Garry hints at changes... on 11:22 - Nov 11 with 5995 viewsmonmouth

Garry hints at changes... on 11:17 - Nov 11 by Uxbridge

Why? He's got the backing of the club, probably more so than would have had elsewhere. Support from the fan base is still generally positive from what I've seen . Big few games coming up of course but all things being equal I see no reason why it's the beginning of the end.

The press can do one.

Maybe. I'm not sure he might see it as having the backing of the club unless he's more humble than I would take him for. I hope ou're right mind, and that he makes a real success of it and sees it as a real step up in his learning. Nobody at the club has actually come out and dismissed the press rumours as tripe have they? I know you can't do that all the time but instead we have tweets from van Zwed?

I'm not sure I would see all this as 'backing' if I was reflecting after a future success, but then, I haven't been paty to discussions. As I say I hope you are right.

Garry hints at changes... on 11:26 - Nov 11 with 5975 viewsWhiterockin

Garry hints at changes... on 11:17 - Nov 11 by Uxbridge

The press can do one.

I support Monk and hope he turns it around but, lose home to Bournemouth and I think it is the end for Monk.
Garry hints at changes... on 11:33 - Nov 11 with 5950 viewsUxbridge

Garry hints at changes... on 11:22 - Nov 11 by monmouth

Maybe. I'm not sure he might see it as having the backing of the club unless he's more humble than I would take him for. I hope ou're right mind, and that he makes a real success of it and sees it as a real step up in his learning. Nobody at the club has actually come out and dismissed the press rumours as tripe have they? I know you can't do that all the time but instead we have tweets from van Zwed?

I'm not sure I would see all this as 'backing' if I was reflecting after a future success, but then, I haven't been paty to discussions. As I say I hope you are right.

Not sure what else the club could have done? Appointed his staff, come out and said he's not being replaced. He'd have to be pretty daft to think he'd get a much cushier ride. This is big time stuff now.

To be honest, I have little expectation that people will stick around if a better offer comes calling anyway

Garry hints at changes... on 11:34 - Nov 11 with 5946 viewsUxbridge

Garry hints at changes... on 11:26 - Nov 11 by Whiterockin

I support Monk and hope he turns it around but, lose home to Bournemouth and I think it is the end for Monk.

I could never understand that logic. Not to say you may not be right. 1 game doesn't detemine a manager's suitability, at least not in any sane company.

Garry hints at changes... on 11:38 - Nov 11 with 5928 viewsperchrockjack

From what we ve seen, none of our squad would apparently make much difference.

Surely the most worrting aspect is the fact that ALL the players from 1- 11 have all dropped off in standards.

Players these days seem so fickle and wont dig in and shove supporters (like me) opinions up their arses.

We need some real devil for Bournemouth who ll be targetting our game big time as a pick me up.

To justify Monk retaining his job we have to utterly destroy Bournemouth in some style and ALL the players need to either shape up or ship out.

And yes, Huw needs to be aware of the manager market so if needs must the new manager comes in and saves our status.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry hints at changes... on 11:54 - Nov 11 with 5876 viewsswancity

Garry hints at changes... on 11:38 - Nov 11 by perchrockjack

Surely the most worrting aspect is the fact that ALL the players from 1- 11 have all dropped off in standards.

Players these days seem so fickle and wont dig in and shove supporters (like me) opinions up their arses.

We need some real devil for Bournemouth who ll be targetting our game big time as a pick me up.

To justify Monk retaining his job we have to utterly destroy Bournemouth in some style and ALL the players need to either shape up or ship out.

And yes, Huw needs to be aware of the manager market so if needs must the new manager comes in and saves our status.

Clueless. Are you feeling ok, seriously...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Garry hints at changes... on 12:02 - Nov 11 with 5831 viewsperchrockjack

Fine .

Who are you?

Who did you used to be

Just so I can keep up ,like

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry hints at changes... on 12:09 - Nov 11 with 5815 viewslovejuicejack

Garry hints at changes... on 11:34 - Nov 11 by Uxbridge

I could never understand that logic. Not to say you may not be right. 1 game doesn't detemine a manager's suitability, at least not in any sane company.

It's not being judged on one game l though is it, yes the bornemouth game is one game but when you add it onto the other games already played then you see the bigger picture. Bottom line is monk is on borrowed time because if we keep losing the board will make a move to try and keep our prem status either that or Gary will totally turn it around and we push up the table, that'll be some turn around mind considering the season so far.
Garry hints at changes... on 12:12 - Nov 11 with 5793 viewsmichumagic9

Bring back Rodgers! ☺️
Garry hints at changes... on 12:21 - Nov 11 with 5749 viewsItchySphincter

Garry hints at changes... on 11:38 - Nov 11 by perchrockjack

Just bringing Leon and his influence in will improve the side. We don't necessarily need better personnel, we need a better attitude. Unfortunately that can be laid at the feet of the manager but it's not too late to make amends. If we come through this well GM could be hot property again.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024