Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decision to play Bartley 20:38 - Nov 21 with 4857 viewsNewhousemustscore

Last time I saw Bartley get first team action (that I recall) was in January against Blackburn in the FA Cup. In that game his lack of pace was continually exposed by their striker, Josh King. This resulted in Bartley getting sent off as King ran rings around him. Given that the very same Josh King was playing for Bournemouth today it seemed odd to start Bartley in this game. Nothing about Bartley'serformances to date (I also remember against Liverpool away) suggests he should ever start in front if Fernandez or Amat.
Decision to play Bartley on 20:41 - Nov 21 with 3578 viewshobo

To play him against a quick, passing team in Bournemouth made absolutely no sense. Surely you have to stick with Fede, or if you really want a change then Amat would be better suited. It's terrible pre-match analysis
Decision to play Bartley on 20:43 - Nov 21 with 3546 viewsNeathJack

To be fair, seeing as Bartley was sent off in the 6th minute in that game he wasn't exactly "continually exposed".

Fernandez has been pretty dreadful of late and was in need of dropping. I would have Amat ahead of Bartley every day of the week, and at the moment, ahead of Fernandez as well.

Amat has had his injury problems this season though.
Decision to play Bartley on 20:45 - Nov 21 with 3532 viewsicecoldjack

If ever there was a game for Amat or Feddirico it was this one! of all the three players Bartley would be the one i'd pick last for this game.

Maybe Bartley is flying in training and has earnt his chance, it's the only reason i can think of .
Decision to play Bartley on 20:46 - Nov 21 with 3527 viewsFlashberryjack

There would be a few players ahead of Bartley, if I were to start blaming players performances, Leon, Shelvey, KI for a start, not Ash's best game either.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Decision to play Bartley on 20:47 - Nov 21 with 3514 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I don't think Bartley playing was a big deal. Bartley, Shmartley.....

It was the overall team performance that was poop. Let's not miss the wood for the trees.

The guy's hardly played 5mins all year and we expect him to be on top of his game against a bright, quick-moving team. Williams was utter gash, but I can't see too many threads about him.

Williams and Fernandez are our best pairing all things being equal - after that there's not much in it. Amat is a decent ball player but crap at most else, Bartley is a physical lump but crap at much else.

Meh.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Decision to play Bartley on 20:47 - Nov 21 with 3512 viewslovejuicejack

Decision to play Bartley on 20:43 - Nov 21 by NeathJack

To be fair, seeing as Bartley was sent off in the 6th minute in that game he wasn't exactly "continually exposed".

Fernandez has been pretty dreadful of late and was in need of dropping. I would have Amat ahead of Bartley every day of the week, and at the moment, ahead of Fernandez as well.

Amat has had his injury problems this season though.

He was continually exposed for 6 minutes
Decision to play Bartley on 20:51 - Nov 21 with 3480 viewsDr_Winston

Decision to play Bartley on 20:47 - Nov 21 by FearOfAJackPlanet

It was the overall team performance that was poop. Let's not miss the wood for the trees.

The guy's hardly played 5mins all year and we expect him to be on top of his game against a bright, quick-moving team. Williams was utter gash, but I can't see too many threads about him.

Williams and Fernandez are our best pairing all things being equal - after that there's not much in it. Amat is a decent ball player but crap at most else, Bartley is a physical lump but crap at much else.

Meh.

Never understood why Amat is so highly rated by so many. He's half tidy but no more than that. Much like Bartley really.

Fernandez just doesn't possess the ball skills that an £8m central defender really should have. Whoever carried out the scouting really dropped the ball on that one, no matter how good he is at everything else.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Decision to play Bartley on 20:54 - Nov 21 with 3449 viewslovejuicejack

Decision to play Bartley on 20:51 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

Never understood why Amat is so highly rated by so many. He's half tidy but no more than that. Much like Bartley really.

Fernandez just doesn't possess the ball skills that an £8m central defender really should have. Whoever carried out the scouting really dropped the ball on that one, no matter how good he is at everything else.

Talking of scouts, they better get their sh1t together fairly quickly as January is fast approaching the club have no money and we're desperate for a goal scorer, time for another cheap michu me thinks
Login to get fewer ads

Decision to play Bartley on 20:55 - Nov 21 with 3436 viewsmonmouth

Meh.

I think that is fair.

Most gash, some disinterested gash.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Decision to play Bartley on 21:02 - Nov 21 with 3387 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Decision to play Bartley on 20:51 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

Sakho at Liverpool has a lot of stick for being poor on the ball, but I remember seeing him play a few weeks ago on a TV game (europa?) and, whenever he got the ball he immediately passed it to the nearest midfielder for further distribution. Obviously working under orders he was like a machine..the ball came to him = first time pass to a midfielder, job done, back in position.

I remember craving for Fernandez to be told to do the same; We'd all be better off. He needs to be shorn of the illision that he is anything other than a defensive cog.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2015 21:04]

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Decision to play Bartley on 21:19 - Nov 21 with 3320 viewsjack_lord

I was in work and heared through crackly commentary that Bartley was playing. To me, it just shows that we have someone incharge who does not understand our passing game. We need shape, and quickly. We need a guy that can coach quick passing and movement.

We have some awesome quality and it is just not being used.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Decision to play Bartley on 21:21 - Nov 21 with 3292 viewsperchrockjack

Let's not forget ff has been appalling

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Decision to play Bartley on 21:23 - Nov 21 with 3277 viewsDr_Winston

Decision to play Bartley on 21:19 - Nov 21 by jack_lord

I was in work and heared through crackly commentary that Bartley was playing. To me, it just shows that we have someone incharge who does not understand our passing game. We need shape, and quickly. We need a guy that can coach quick passing and movement.

We have some awesome quality and it is just not being used.

Bartley's better on the ball than Fernandez.

Mind you, so is Lee Cattermole.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Decision to play Bartley on 21:33 - Nov 21 with 3231 viewsNewhousemustscore

Decision to play Bartley on 20:47 - Nov 21 by lovejuicejack

He was continually exposed for 6 minutes

Yeah, for 6 mins he caned him.

My favourite Bartley moment from today was when in the 2nd half he could either knock the ball back to Fabianski or put it in to row Z. Instead he rolled it across the pitch right into the path of their oncoming left winger.

Incidentally, it looked like Williams was injured. In the first half he was walking quite gingerly and stretching. He wasn't moving like normal.
Decision to play Bartley on 21:34 - Nov 21 with 3217 viewsjack_lord

Decision to play Bartley on 21:23 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

Bartley's better on the ball than Fernandez.

Mind you, so is Lee Cattermole.

I don't know what Amat has done wrong and why does fernandez play for Argentina.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Decision to play Bartley on 21:35 - Nov 21 with 3210 viewslovejuicejack

Decision to play Bartley on 21:33 - Nov 21 by Newhousemustscore

My favourite Bartley moment from today was when in the 2nd half he could either knock the ball back to Fabianski or put it in to row Z. Instead he rolled it across the pitch right into the path of their oncoming left winger.

Incidentally, it looked like Williams was injured. In the first half he was walking quite gingerly and stretching. He wasn't moving like normal.

Bartley today looked like he was struggling with his sexuality, a weird pained expression on his boat.
Decision to play Bartley on 21:36 - Nov 21 with 3201 viewsClinton

Find a better centre half who's prepared to sit on the bench most of the season. Difficult.
His lack of game time showed, but it's to be expected.
It's unfair to get on his back IMHO.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Decision to play Bartley on 21:39 - Nov 21 with 3176 viewsPacemaker

Decision to play Bartley on 21:33 - Nov 21 by Newhousemustscore

Williams was injured very early on when Bartley made an error and Ash appeared to catch his knee/thigh against an attacker when clearing up the mess.

It looked like he might have hyperextended it or something similar.

If he had injured himself then the right decision for any player never mind Capt is to come off.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Decision to play Bartley on 21:53 - Nov 21 with 3139 viewsRowly2210

What's everyone's thoughts on Taylor? I've seen a 6 year old girl cross and pass the ball better than him. Where's the frenchie gone? He was first pick at Lyon, which just lost out on a champions league spot. There needs to be a big clear out if the swans want to be competitive next season and this come to think of it. I also think our back 4 got ripped a new one today and Williams position sense has been terrible the last few games
Decision to play Bartley on 21:55 - Nov 21 with 3126 viewstomdickharry

Next Sunday against Liverpool will be the ultimate test,do not think there is a chance that Bartley will feature in that game as Fernandez will be brought back after his rest.Think Bartley may make a useful Championship centre back,mobility and agility being his big problems in the PL.
Decision to play Bartley on 21:55 - Nov 21 with 3126 viewsDr_Winston

Decision to play Bartley on 21:53 - Nov 21 by Rowly2210

What's everyone's thoughts on Taylor? I've seen a 6 year old girl cross and pass the ball better than him. Where's the frenchie gone? He was first pick at Lyon, which just lost out on a champions league spot. There needs to be a big clear out if the swans want to be competitive next season and this come to think of it. I also think our back 4 got ripped a new one today and Williams position sense has been terrible the last few games

The Frenchie has spoken publically and is thus now on Monk's shitlist.

Decision to play Bartley on 21:59 - Nov 21 with 3105 viewsClinton

Decision to play Bartley on 21:55 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

The Frenchie has spoken publically and is thus now on Monk's shitlist.

Is it possible to get off said list or is he gone in the window? Assuming Monk and list are still with us then.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Decision to play Bartley on 22:00 - Nov 21 with 3102 viewsDr_Winston

Decision to play Bartley on 21:59 - Nov 21 by Clinton

Is it possible to get off said list or is he gone in the window? Assuming Monk and list are still with us then.

Expect him to be playing in Qatar by the end of January.

Decision to play Bartley on 02:32 - Nov 22 with 2927 viewsJonTheJack

Meh.

Putting Ash into the same sentence as that excuse for a footballer is nonsense.

Yes Ash didn't look his best today; he is doing what he does when he knows when we're in trouble; tries to carry us all the way and rushes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bartley should be nowhere near a football pitch. He should be more involved in basketball. Totally and utterly useless.
Decision to play Bartley on 04:10 - Nov 22 with 2895 viewsDrizzy

Funny to see O'Boogs still chatting out of his arse. Bartley has been pretty sh*te since he got here and he can't seem to acknowledge his woeful performance, still criticising Amat and Fernandez for whatever reason. Probably trying to save face after proclaiming Bartley as Ash's long term successor. Poor sod.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024