Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Club Captain 16:59 - Dec 10 with 5850 viewslondonlisa2001

In my view, questions need to be asked about the role that Ashley Williams has at the club and whether it is time for him to be replaced as club and team captain.

For a long time I've been concerned that he is not a leader of men - his head goes down quicker than almost anyone else in the team, and that is not what you want or need. In addition, his own form has been decidedly average and I'm not convinced he should remain undroppable.

But apart from all that, we are reading constant stories about players not being prepared to accept Monk's advice / tactics / being miffed that he wasn't effusive enough in celebrating their international achievements. We've also read about cliques, fallings out, even bust ups between players. And it's not for the first time that all of this is rearing its head.

So what exactly then is the club captain's role in all this? Doesn't he have a responsibility to sort out player feuds or issues, and get the squad together behind the manager, whoever that happens to be at any given time? Surely the captain is a mediator, a leader, a genuine link between the 'club' and the players?

I don't know who should be club captain or team captain, or whether they should be the same person, but I can't help feeling that we can and should be looking for someone to provide leadership in a crisis, and Williams seems yet again, to be unable or unwilling to do this.
Our Club Captain on 17:54 - Dec 10 with 1830 viewsLeonisGod

Our Club Captain on 17:13 - Dec 10 by Darran

He's been one of the greatest players in our history and a superb captain.

Innit. End of discussion really. He's even done it for Wales to prove it's no fluke.
Our Club Captain on 18:03 - Dec 10 with 1821 viewsSwansNZ

Our Club Captain on 17:34 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

The whole team has underperformed this season. I see no reason to single out Ash the same way I see no reason to single out others.

The change in coaching staff should put an end to that as long as Huw recruits wisely.

Agree.

Ash has not been playing well, but neither has anyone else.

I can’t think who else could really be the captain, except possibly Gomis.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Our Club Captain on 18:05 - Dec 10 with 1811 viewsLeonisGod

Our Club Captain on 18:03 - Dec 10 by SwansNZ

Agree.

Ash has not been playing well, but neither has anyone else.

I can’t think who else could really be the captain, except possibly Gomis.

Gomis?!
Our Club Captain on 18:10 - Dec 10 with 1799 viewsSwansNZ

Our Club Captain on 18:05 - Dec 10 by LeonisGod

Gomis?!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Our Club Captain on 18:10 - Dec 10 with 1799 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Be interesting to see what the new manager thinks. Can't see he's done too much wrong apart from maybe suffered from stress leading to a few inadvisable moments. If he ensures players are following the managers tactical instructions on the field, and is a decent ambassador off it as well as a good player rep. For all the players to management I can't see the sense in changing for the sake of it. To whom anyway?

He is obviously rated by the Wales set up too over the likes of Ramsey and Bale...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Our Club Captain on 18:21 - Dec 10 with 1771 viewsKilkennyjack

Our Club Captain on 17:13 - Dec 10 by Darran

He's been one of the greatest players in our history and a superb captain.

100 per cent agree

Beware of the Risen People

Our Club Captain on 18:24 - Dec 10 with 1761 viewsnantywatcher

Lisa.
Club manager and club captain need to be on the same wavelength.
GM; "Today's a massive game for us Ash if we don't beat Bournemouth we're in real trouble. So here's my plan - I've picked Kyle Bartley to play alongside you today."
AW "What the fu…You are kidding me?"
Ash's body language could be seen by a few of us at the back of the East Stand before the game, thirty minutes later and we're 2 -0 down.
It's a job to take your job seriously if you think your boss is spouting rubbish and making crazy decisions.
I agree I think he has been sub standard this year but he has to be the first name on the team sheet for the next three games. He knows how to inspire people as can be proved by Wales qualifying.
Our Club Captain on 18:28 - Dec 10 with 1743 viewsDyfnant

He's played poorly since Fernandez was dropped. No coincidence.
If someone else was captain, I don't believe Willaims would be going forward for corners/ set pieces, he's tripe at that.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Our Club Captain on 18:30 - Dec 10 with 1733 viewsblaine_scfc

Leads from the back when things are going our way, looks a class above.

As soon as the chips are down however, goes into his shell and his body language is a disgrace, especially for a skipper. Great captains do their work when things aren't going well, he doesn't I'm afraid, and didn't the year Laudrup left either.

Disappointed in Ash to be honest, one of my favourite players if not the favourite to ever wear the shirt, but hasn't shown himself in a good light recently.
Our Club Captain on 18:31 - Dec 10 with 1725 viewsOldjack

Fine captain, I only wish he had learnt to nut a ball with accuracy

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Our Club Captain on 18:32 - Dec 10 with 1721 viewslondonlisa2001

Our Club Captain on 18:30 - Dec 10 by blaine_scfc

Leads from the back when things are going our way, looks a class above.

As soon as the chips are down however, goes into his shell and his body language is a disgrace, especially for a skipper. Great captains do their work when things aren't going well, he doesn't I'm afraid, and didn't the year Laudrup left either.

Disappointed in Ash to be honest, one of my favourite players if not the favourite to ever wear the shirt, but hasn't shown himself in a good light recently.

yes - that is exactly my view as well.
Our Club Captain on 18:34 - Dec 10 with 1710 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I'm now wondering if he was the player briefing against Monk recently as he has seemed stressed out no the defence is unrecognizable...maybe he was trying to organise things in a way he didn't agree with for too long?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Our Club Captain on 18:39 - Dec 10 with 1697 viewsUplandsJack

Our Club Captain on 17:34 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

The whole team has underperformed this season. I see no reason to single out Ash the same way I see no reason to single out others.

The change in coaching staff should put an end to that as long as Huw recruits wisely.

Spot on 👍
Our Club Captain on 19:22 - Dec 10 with 1642 viewsAyewSerious

Our Club Captain on 17:51 - Dec 10 by londonlisa2001

thanks Ash :-)

No worries Leon, you aint getting it ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024