Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk oozes quality and class 09:51 - Dec 16 with 3590 viewsMLT18

See the link below!
I have to be honest, after the Bournemouth game, my knee jerk reaction was that Garry's time was up.
Hindsight and time is a wonderful thing. Also, after reading the sky sports article, I am now in the 'he should have been given more time' group.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10101373/garry-monk-grateful-for-th
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 10:11]
Monk oozes quality on 09:56 - Dec 16 with 3555 viewsHighjack

He was given more time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Monk oozes quality on 09:57 - Dec 16 with 3551 viewsdickythorpe

It was an amazing experience for him and the harsh reality is that he's learnt at a young age its all about results.
I'm sure he is raring to go as he has pride and wants to show he can be a success.
A lot of "rumours" about bust ups and fall outs, but this happens in all careers and walks of life.

As always I will never forget his contribution to our club over an amazing and at times unbelievable 10 -12 years or so!!

Good luck Garry.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 9:58]
Monk oozes quality on 10:01 - Dec 16 with 3515 viewsCooperman

Many learning expereinces are a case of '2 steps forward, 1 step back' and in Garry's case he's just taken his first step back.

I'm in no doubt that he will make forward progression at some point in the future, but in some place else.

He had been granted 'more time' when here at SCFC.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Monk oozes quality and class on 10:20 - Dec 16 with 3411 viewssomersetsimon

Like all newspaper interviews, what do you expect him to say? Even if he did feel hard done by, he's not going to say it.

All managers need to go through good and bad experiences. Hopefully he'll learn from this. It's one thing to manage a team of happy players who are all in form, but the real test is how you deal with the bad times. That's obviously something he needs to figure out.
Monk oozes quality and class on 10:22 - Dec 16 with 3401 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

More time ? lets be totally honest about this , he absolutely f&cking ruined us .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Monk oozes quality and class on 10:27 - Dec 16 with 3374 viewslovejuicejack

As far as I see that interview is nothing more than an advert for monk.
Monk oozes quality and class on 10:28 - Dec 16 with 3370 viewsmonmouth

Easy with hindsight, but he should have left in the summer when his stock was high and we could have rethought things. And no I wasn't say that at the time....20:20 hindsight.

Anyway, I think he's been spinning the 'hard done by' pretty well myself since his sacking up to now. He'll get a gig at Sunderland/Newcastle/Villa/Narch/WBA or maybe Burnley/Hull etc in the next round of pass the parcel.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk oozes quality and class on 10:30 - Dec 16 with 3349 viewsAustinIsOurHero

He had plenty of time. The warning signs were evident after the Stoke defeat.

The Leicester game was a culmination of a young manager bereft of ideas out out of his depth.

Harsh? Maybe, but we would have sunk without a trace if the board had allowed him to stay on.

A few years harnessing his trade in the Championship or maybe even abroad will do him the world of good.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk oozes quality and class on 10:39 - Dec 16 with 3291 viewsBorojack

Monk oozes quality and class on 10:28 - Dec 16 by monmouth

Easy with hindsight, but he should have left in the summer when his stock was high and we could have rethought things. And no I wasn't say that at the time....20:20 hindsight.

Anyway, I think he's been spinning the 'hard done by' pretty well myself since his sacking up to now. He'll get a gig at Sunderland/Newcastle/Villa/Narch/WBA or maybe Burnley/Hull etc in the next round of pass the parcel.

Yep left us in a right bloody mess whilst he and his pals were well compensated and will no doubt walk into another job paying thousands of pounds a week.
The thousands of workers in the steel industry getting laid offf accross the country now they have been hard done by.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Monk oozes quality and class on 10:42 - Dec 16 with 3267 viewsMrSwerve

He's hardly going to say anything different is he?

I don't think anyone doubts he sincerely wanted to turn things around...but he wasn't performing, simple as that.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Monk oozes quality and class on 10:57 - Dec 16 with 3201 viewswestside

i am in the "he should of gone a lot earlier " group.

he ruined everything from bad signings, wasting money, our style of play, tempo and could cost us our place in the premier league.
Monk oozes quality and class on 11:13 - Dec 16 with 3132 viewsA_Fans_Dad

When the Players turn against you, your tactics and methods etc for whatever reason you have no chance of turning it around.
Just ask a certain Mr Mourinho, the differnce is Mourinho is outright saying his players are not playing for him.
Monk oozes quality and class on 11:14 - Dec 16 with 3125 viewsDarran

Please tell me people are not going to go on about Monk in the same way cocks like Spratty went on about Laudstrop.
He's gone guys,G.O.N.E gone.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk oozes quality and class on 11:15 - Dec 16 with 3116 viewsNeath_Jack

Monk oozes quality and class on 11:14 - Dec 16 by Darran

Please tell me people are not going to go on about Monk in the same way cocks like Spratty went on about Laudstrop.

F*ck him?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Monk oozes quality and class on 11:19 - Dec 16 with 3091 viewsDarran

Monk oozes quality and class on 11:15 - Dec 16 by Neath_Jack

F*ck him?

Indeed.

Monk oozes quality and class on 11:30 - Dec 16 with 3032 viewsItchySphincter

Monk oozes quality and class on 11:14 - Dec 16 by Darran

Nothing can compare to the throbbing gristle the sprout had for Laudrup.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk oozes quality and class on 11:43 - Dec 16 with 2975 viewsdailew

Monk oozes quality and class on 11:30 - Dec 16 by ItchySphincter

Nothing can compare to the throbbing gristle the sprout had for Laudrup.

I always imagined him as the mentalist in Alan Partridge with a bedroomed festooned with Laudrup posters and memorabilia and with a huge Laudrup tattoo on his chest.

Funniest post he ever did was one comparing Laudrup's first season with Monk's except Monk's season didn't start till September conveniently ignoring the three wins in August. He even tried to explain why they shouldn't really count. Mentalist.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 11:47]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Monk oozes quality on 11:56 - Dec 16 with 2926 viewsDr_Winston

Monk oozes quality on 10:01 - Dec 16 by Cooperman

Many learning expereinces are a case of '2 steps forward, 1 step back' and in Garry's case he's just taken his first step back.

I'm in no doubt that he will make forward progression at some point in the future, but in some place else.

He had been granted 'more time' when here at SCFC.

Just a shame he had to take that step back here instead of somewhere lower down like most managers do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk oozes quality and class on 12:05 - Dec 16 with 2884 viewsTrundle10

Monk oozes quality and class on 10:22 - Dec 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

More time ? lets be totally honest about this , he absolutely f&cking ruined us .

this
Monk oozes quality and class on 12:06 - Dec 16 with 2883 viewsvetchonian

Monk oozes quality and class on 11:13 - Dec 16 by A_Fans_Dad

When the Players turn against you, your tactics and methods etc for whatever reason you have no chance of turning it around.
Just ask a certain Mr Mourinho, the differnce is Mourinho is outright saying his players are not playing for him.

So,what happens when our players decide the same about the next manager?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Monk oozes quality and class on 12:07 - Dec 16 with 2878 viewsDarran

Monk oozes quality and class on 11:43 - Dec 16 by dailew

I always imagined him as the mentalist in Alan Partridge with a bedroomed festooned with Laudrup posters and memorabilia and with a huge Laudrup tattoo on his chest.

Funniest post he ever did was one comparing Laudrup's first season with Monk's except Monk's season didn't start till September conveniently ignoring the three wins in August. He even tried to explain why they shouldn't really count. Mentalist.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 11:47]

Yeah very weird.

Monk oozes quality and class on 12:16 - Dec 16 with 2833 viewsTrundle10

Monk oozes quality and class on 12:06 - Dec 16 by vetchonian

So,what happens when our players decide the same about the next manager?

Same as what happened to Monk and Laudrup. Lets not forget Monks input into Laudrup demise. what go's around comes around
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 12:18]
Monk oozes quality and class on 12:22 - Dec 16 with 2806 viewsvetchonian

Monk oozes quality and class on 12:16 - Dec 16 by Trundle10

Same as what happened to Monk and Laudrup. Lets not forget Monks input into Laudrup demise. what go's around comes around
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 12:18]

Mine was a general post not really supporting Monk but what if say Bielsa turns up and our players throw their toys out of the pram as they supposedly have for Monk or the Chelsea players for Mourinhio.
Just shows how influential players are these days!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Monk oozes quality and class on 12:32 - Dec 16 with 2754 viewsmonmouth

Always been a bit like that, Leeds players got Clough sacked. But more so now when it's infinitely cheaper to change the manager than change the team.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024