Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you remember the days 12:28 - Dec 18 with 14118 viewsswancity

When there were just 3000 fans dotted around the Vetch Field?

When Prosser used to wheel up and down the track along the South Stand making funny faces

When away trips to places like Rochdale, Hartlepool, Cambridge and Chesterfield were to be cherished

When you were ankle deep in piss in the North Bank toilets

When you knew at the games you were surrounded by genuine fans of the football club and not people with a passing interest who have jumped onto a bandwagon

Where you could smoke a cigarette if you wanted one

When the pasties were lovely and the tea like hot water

When you could pay cash at a turnstile to go in.

When Robbie James would stride purposefully from the halfway line before unleashing a thunderbolt

When the players were not vastly over paid. Really can any footballer be worth a salary of a cool £1m a month? Or even £1m a year.

Our story has indeed been an incredible one....but there was also something special about supporting our Swans through the bad times as well. The FA cup draw at Oxford brought back some good memories of standing on the terrace behind the goal at Oxford when I think we beat them on pens?

Good old days....

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Do you remember the days on 12:35 - Dec 18 with 5635 viewsdulaisjack

yes those were really happy days, away trips were awesome only a handfull but real people and proper fun, as for the vetch my fondest moments of watching football, i know we have moved on but the old vetch could make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up truly awesome times, non of this internet bickering and moaning , proper fun and banter ans some truly great characters.
Do you remember the days on 12:36 - Dec 18 with 5628 viewsBloodyhills

I remember standing ankle deep in piss and it wasn't pleasant. I do miss the atmosphere though and I can remember the vetch being packed and bouncing with noise and energy. Brilliantly euphoric.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Do you remember the days on 12:37 - Dec 18 with 5623 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Was that Sky's penalty winner?

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Do you remember the days on 12:42 - Dec 18 with 5589 viewsTrundle10

North Bank toilets, ankle deep in p1ss it was like wookie hole in there
Do you remember the days on 12:58 - Dec 18 with 5548 viewsSwanseajill

Walking around the Vetch one day, Frankie Burrows told me he wouldn't let his wife anywhere near our toilets.
He was a nag to Sharpey about the facilities that the fans had to put up with.

At the end of our Vetch years, I had the opportunity to view the players showers and they were disgusting.
Yeah, I loved Vetchfield with a passion, but that particular dog had had its day.
Do you remember the days on 13:00 - Dec 18 with 5527 viewsperchrockjack

Rather better new days

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Do you remember the days on 13:07 - Dec 18 with 5512 viewsMillie

Was you ankle deep though?

There was always a smell and you stood on your toes but I don't remember my socks getting wet, most pissed outside anyway
Do you remember the days on 13:10 - Dec 18 with 5496 viewsmrrockin

I miss terracing not much else
Login to get fewer ads

Do you remember the days on 13:11 - Dec 18 with 5494 viewsHighjack

I remember being at a game against Brentford when there were only 1400 fans there. Hundreds of thousands of people around the South Wales area were also there if you ask them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Do you remember the days on 13:11 - Dec 18 with 5494 viewsvetchonian

Now1 that's a daft question ......most of our current so called fans knew of SCFC before 2011

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Do you remember the days on 13:14 - Dec 18 with 5480 viewsvetchonian

Do you remember the days on 13:11 - Dec 18 by vetchonian

Now1 that's a daft question ......most of our current so called fans knew of SCFC before 2011

ooops meant to say

most of our current so called fans didn't know of SCFC before 2011

Do you remember the days on 13:22 - Dec 18 with 5439 viewspencoedjack

Do you remember the days on 13:07 - Dec 18 by Millie

Was you ankle deep though?

There was always a smell and you stood on your toes but I don't remember my socks getting wet, most pissed outside anyway

Yes I can never remember 'being ankle deep in p1ss' ....

Great memories of the Vetch and away trips in the 80's / 90's
Do you remember the days on 13:28 - Dec 18 with 5414 viewsvetchonian

The atmosphere when we played Palace in the season we got relegated from Div 1 ,down to 10 men Colin Irwin got injured but wouldn't go off he and Latchford swopped positions for the last 20 or so....hung on for a draw despite all the odds. Couldn't see todays star signings having the same passion today

Do you remember the days on 13:28 - Dec 18 with 5412 viewsJackanapes

pi$$

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Do you remember the days on 13:30 - Dec 18 with 5405 views3swan

Do you remember the days on 13:28 - Dec 18 by vetchonian

The atmosphere when we played Palace in the season we got relegated from Div 1 ,down to 10 men Colin Irwin got injured but wouldn't go off he and Latchford swopped positions for the last 20 or so....hung on for a draw despite all the odds. Couldn't see todays star signings having the same passion today

Forgotten that game. Fantastic atmosphere with every block/tackle cheered.

Colin Irwin standing still but still made an effort to be part of things
Do you remember the days on 13:56 - Dec 18 with 5342 viewsGehbeHindert_Bosman

I've spoken to many an away fan about the Vetch over the years and the away toilets were indeed often ankle deep in water and piss - most thought it was deliberate. Maybe that's where the urban myth started?

Always rank and wet in there but I only remember there being a 'flood' to walk through once in the NB bogs when someone had had a shit and stuffed the crapper full of paper and it overflowed. Brave person who sat on that throne I can tell you.
Do you remember the days on 14:35 - Dec 18 with 5291 viewsDafyddHuw

3,00 fans? Blimey, that would have been a good attendance.
Do you remember the days on 14:51 - Dec 18 with 5265 viewsItchySphincter

I love it down the Liberty but nothing has ever replaced the feeling of excitement and anticipation I got from going down the Vetch. The rattle of the boards at the back of the North when the teams came out and being able to walk from one end of the North Bank at half time depending on which way we were playing, magical stuff. Before there was burger fans you had to get your tea from a little hatch at the back of the stand where the most beautiful dark haired girl used to sell me unwanted Mars bars every other week. ❤️

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Do you remember the days on 15:22 - Dec 18 with 5216 viewsdgt73

Cry me a fooking river. They weren't the "good old days" on the whole they were shite, with fans dreaming of reaching the promised land one day.
Well we are there....if you want to go back to that....Newport county isn't that far.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Do you remember the days on 15:26 - Dec 18 with 5206 viewspencoedjack

Do you remember the days on 15:22 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Cry me a fooking river. They weren't the "good old days" on the whole they were shite, with fans dreaming of reaching the promised land one day.
Well we are there....if you want to go back to that....Newport county isn't that far.

They might not of been good for you but they were certainly good for me .....

I far more enjoyed my 'whole football experience' in those days than I do now.
Do you remember the days on 15:27 - Dec 18 with 5200 viewsdgt73

Do you remember the days on 13:14 - Dec 18 by vetchonian

ooops meant to say

most of our current so called fans didn't know of SCFC before 2011

So what. Or do you think playing in front of 12 - 13,000 would be better ?

Do you remember the days on 15:29 - Dec 18 with 5192 viewsHighjack

Do you remember the days on 13:56 - Dec 18 by GehbeHindert_Bosman

I've spoken to many an away fan about the Vetch over the years and the away toilets were indeed often ankle deep in water and piss - most thought it was deliberate. Maybe that's where the urban myth started?

Always rank and wet in there but I only remember there being a 'flood' to walk through once in the NB bogs when someone had had a shit and stuffed the crapper full of paper and it overflowed. Brave person who sat on that throne I can tell you.

I always employed a hovering my ring hole above the seat tactic on the rare occasions I had to have a Gary Glit.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Do you remember the days on 15:32 - Dec 18 with 5178 viewsdgt73

Do you remember the days on 15:26 - Dec 18 by pencoedjack

They might not of been good for you but they were certainly good for me .....

I far more enjoyed my 'whole football experience' in those days than I do now.

What - watching lower league football in a dump of a stadium, with one man and his dog watching.

Do you remember the days on 15:32 - Dec 18 with 5173 viewsRico1983

This is going to degenerate into a "I'm a bigger fan than you" pissing contest sooner rather than later...
Do you remember the days on 15:37 - Dec 18 with 5160 viewsdgt73

Do you remember the days on 15:32 - Dec 18 by Rico1983

This is going to degenerate into a "I'm a bigger fan than you" pissing contest sooner rather than later...

You're probably right.
It does make me laugh though - with people trying to portray the 80's & 90's as the "good old days".
No doubt people enjoyed themselves, in terms of a day out, but in football terms in was shite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024