Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never the subject. Always the object. 22:57 - Dec 21 with 2052 viewsjackrabbit

If Swans did go down, I'm convinced we'd be forgotten in a trice. After 4 and a half seasons at the top level we still don't command enough recognition to be treated as the 'subject' rather than the object. What am I wittering on about? Well here's an example. MoTD2 has just kicked off and was introduced so:

"...Arsenal v Manchester City, Watford v Liverpool and West Ham at Swansea". Notice, not "Swansea vWest Ham". It happens all the time unless we're playing, say, Bournemouth when we might have a chance of being the subject - Swansea v Bournemouth, not Bournemouth at Swansea. But generally speaking whenever Swans are mentioned in conjunction with another club, we are nearly always the supporting act. I'm not neurotic - it's just what I've noticed.
Never the subject. Always the object. on 23:06 - Dec 21 with 1995 viewsSwansNZ

It’s ‘coz we’re Welsh, init

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Never the subject. Always the object. on 01:12 - Dec 22 with 1867 viewsJethroJack

Never the subject. Always the object. on 23:06 - Dec 21 by SwansNZ

That'll be it.
This is exactly why England drew Bale(s) in the Euros.
That said, media are going to have a tough time explaining how England got beaten by one player and 10 donkeys.
Never the subject. Always the object. on 06:25 - Dec 22 with 1756 viewsWhiterockin

If we did go down we would soon be forgotten by the plastics but not by the people that really matter.
Never the subject. Always the object. on 06:34 - Dec 22 with 1743 views1983

West Ham are a bigger club
West Ham have more history in top flights
West Ham are above us
Our games are always cat C games to the likes of bigger teams

Be comfortable in your own skin

Never the subject. Always the object. on 08:29 - Dec 22 with 1615 viewsDevz00

Never the subject. Always the object. on 06:34 - Dec 22 by 1983

West Ham are a bigger club
West Ham have more history in top flights
West Ham are above us
Our games are always cat C games to the likes of bigger teams

Be comfortable in your own skin

We are one of the smallest clubs in the league. Everyone expects us to be relegated at some point. Just like all the others who had their moment in the sun. It's just how it is.

Bigger clubs than us have gone down years ago and never returned. Look at Leeds and Forest.

Until we expand the stadium, I think this will always be the case. We missed a trick and should have expanded 2 seasons ago, IMO. We haven't been able to put more bums on seats and expand the fan base. You need more fans to be a big club.

EDIT - Didn't mean to quote the last poster.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2015 8:30]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Never the subject. Always the object. on 09:02 - Dec 22 with 1548 viewsOldjack

Never the subject. Always the object. on 23:06 - Dec 21 by SwansNZ

That just about sums it up .It's England this England that ,England won two world wars mind
Wales is a rugger loving nation ,[yea when it comes to internationals]
We're welsh and have no place in their wonderful English leagues [how many times have you heard that one]
and it's said the Germans are arrogant

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Never the subject. Always the object. on 09:04 - Dec 22 with 1542 viewsQuakerJack

Never the subject. Always the object. on 09:02 - Dec 22 by Oldjack

That just about sums it up .It's England this England that ,England won two world wars mind
Wales is a rugger loving nation ,[yea when it comes to internationals]
We're welsh and have no place in their wonderful English leagues [how many times have you heard that one]
and it's said the Germans are arrogant

to be fair I always get that... go back to your own league... even in jest I get it from just about everyone.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Never the subject. Always the object. on 12:16 - Dec 22 with 1460 viewsjackportis

Typical English arrogance nothing new here.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Login to get fewer ads

Never the subject. Always the object. on 12:18 - Dec 22 with 1455 viewsjackportis

I think that during half time Morris dancers should perform in front of the away fans.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Never the subject. Always the object. on 12:32 - Dec 22 with 1423 viewsBloodyhills

I don't care what the media think.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Never the subject. Always the object. on 17:01 - Dec 22 with 1296 viewsItchySphincter

Does anyone else just sit there shaking their head at this kind of boIIocks?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024