Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loic Remy 08:54 - Dec 22 with 5224 viewsDevz00

He's linked with us again.

Thoughts? Is he a realistic target?

He's only played 151 minutes for Chelsea in the league this season. Not sure if he'll be in their plans as I imagine they'll be looking at signing a striker in January. If we could get him then I think he would be a great signing.

I know we've discussed him last summer as a potential replacement for Bafe who was off to Dubai. I think the general consensus was that he would be on mega bucks but I don't think he'll be on much more than our top earners.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Loic Remy on 08:56 - Dec 22 with 3941 viewsjack247

He is an upgrade on Gomis, but plays a similar style. I'd rather we signed a worse version of Bony than a better version of Gomis, but if he is a realistic target I'd go for it, especially on loan.
Loic Remy on 08:57 - Dec 22 with 3936 viewsDevz00

Loic Remy on 08:56 - Dec 22 by jack247

He is an upgrade on Gomis, but plays a similar style. I'd rather we signed a worse version of Bony than a better version of Gomis, but if he is a realistic target I'd go for it, especially on loan.

Think the chat was 1m loan fee and we'd pay 100% of his wages.

We need a striker, that's for sure.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Loic Remy on 09:01 - Dec 22 with 3916 viewsorion3016

Loic Remy on 08:57 - Dec 22 by Devz00

Think the chat was 1m loan fee and we'd pay 100% of his wages.

We need a striker, that's for sure.

I think it would be a good bit of business. The trouble in January is that quality & availability of players is limited

Be over there now after

Loic Remy on 09:01 - Dec 22 with 3916 viewsQuakerJack

Loic Remy on 08:56 - Dec 22 by jack247

I'm an upgrade on Gomis... I was rarely caught offside in my playing days.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Loic Remy on 09:01 - Dec 22 with 3913 viewsQuakerJack

Loic Remy on 09:01 - Dec 22 by orion3016

I think it would be a good bit of business. The trouble in January is that quality & availability of players is limited

This. I think getting someone like Remy in January would be as good as we could hope for.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Loic Remy on 09:03 - Dec 22 with 3896 viewsjack247

Loic Remy on 09:01 - Dec 22 by QuakerJack

I'm an upgrade on Gomis... I was rarely caught offside in my playing days.

Not sure he is the ideal player for us, but no arguments whatsoever that he wouldn't improve our current squad.
Loic Remy on 09:06 - Dec 22 with 3879 viewsDevz00

Loic Remy on 09:01 - Dec 22 by QuakerJack

This. I think getting someone like Remy in January would be as good as we could hope for.

I think it would be a million times better than what we could hope for.

When you look at the back-up strikers we've had over the last few seasons, it makes me depressed to think we may get someone similar.

Shechter
Vasquez
Oliviera
Ngog
Lita

A lot would add Luke Moore to that list but I always thought he was a decent back up.
Bit harsh to include Eder yet but he's not really showing much in his limited appearances.

Just to be clear, I'd want Remy as a 1st choice. It's just that we normally go for a cheap option as a back up and they never do anything of note. If we did go for Remy then it might be that Gomis leaves in Jan and we keep Eder as back up.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2015 9:08]

Loic Remy on 09:06 - Dec 22 with 3878 viewsQuakerJack

Loic Remy on 09:03 - Dec 22 by jack247

Not sure he is the ideal player for us, but no arguments whatsoever that he wouldn't improve our current squad.

No I agree he isn't our best fit... but as you say, he'd improve us... wonder what his wages would be... he must be on a wedge.

Login to get fewer ads

Loic Remy on 09:09 - Dec 22 with 3856 viewsjack247

Loic Remy on 09:06 - Dec 22 by Devz00

I think it would be a million times better than what we could hope for.

When you look at the back-up strikers we've had over the last few seasons, it makes me depressed to think we may get someone similar.

Shechter
Vasquez
Oliviera
Ngog
Lita

A lot would add Luke Moore to that list but I always thought he was a decent back up.
Bit harsh to include Eder yet but he's not really showing much in his limited appearances.

Just to be clear, I'd want Remy as a 1st choice. It's just that we normally go for a cheap option as a back up and they never do anything of note. If we did go for Remy then it might be that Gomis leaves in Jan and we keep Eder as back up.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2015 9:08]

When you put it like that it's hard to disagree.

They were our back up strikers though. Remy wouldn't be.
Loic Remy on 09:14 - Dec 22 with 3833 viewsQuakerJack

If we are looking at him then once again, the board are just going ahead and signing players... by then we may have a manager who doesn't want Remy... why not wait until we have the main man in place and, heaven forbid, ask him who he wants to sign... now there's a novel idea!!

Loic Remy on 09:16 - Dec 22 with 3816 viewsChief

I'd love him but Chelsea only really have 1 other out and put striker and he's not particularly popular there at moment, so I can't see it happening. Unless they buy a striker, and we can't get him later in the window, by edhivh point some on else may have beaten us to him

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Loic Remy on 09:18 - Dec 22 with 3804 viewsOldjack

What if the new manager don't like him ?there's another waste of a few quid

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Loic Remy on 09:19 - Dec 22 with 3801 viewsQuakerJack

Loic Remy on 09:18 - Dec 22 by Oldjack

What if the new manager don't like him ?there's another waste of a few quid

as I said yesterday... the board sign players, not the manager.

Loic Remy on 09:21 - Dec 22 with 3784 viewsOldjack

Loic Remy on 09:19 - Dec 22 by QuakerJack

as I said yesterday... the board sign players, not the manager.

if true ,that's just bang out of order init

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Loic Remy on 09:22 - Dec 22 with 3781 viewspencoedjack

New manager at Chelsea probably will result in him staying

Unless of course they buy someone else.

Would love him here.
Loic Remy on 09:38 - Dec 22 with 3726 viewsDevz00

Loic Remy on 09:16 - Dec 22 by Chief

I'd love him but Chelsea only really have 1 other out and put striker and he's not particularly popular there at moment, so I can't see it happening. Unless they buy a striker, and we can't get him later in the window, by edhivh point some on else may have beaten us to him

Yeah this is it. I can see Chelsea signing a couple of players in January. Thye've been playing Hazard up front recently rather than Remy when Costa was out or dropped. I know that was Mourinho and they'll have a new manager but still.

Agree though, Costa/Falcao/Remy is all they have and nobody rates Falcao in the Prem and Costa is hugely unpopular.

It's a long shot but it's nice to think we are linked with him rather than some of the dross we've signed in the past.

Loic Remy on 09:40 - Dec 22 with 3718 viewsDevz00

Loic Remy on 09:09 - Dec 22 by jack247

When you put it like that it's hard to disagree.

They were our back up strikers though. Remy wouldn't be.

Yes I know. We haven't really been in a situation like this, though, where we've needed a new striker in January. So I'm basing this on Gomis leaving and signing a replacement.
We still haven't replaced Bony.

Loic Remy on 09:44 - Dec 22 with 3700 viewsJocJack

We have thrown good money away these past few seasons, highest wages this season on players here for Premiership football/premiership money! not Swansea City. The old guard are the ones that perform week in week out, ie Leon/Ash.Siggi and Co and dont forget Garry! Ok this year has not been the best, so far ? but we need grafters and players that will fight for the ball and pass and run forward!! Our current strikers are not up to the job, or our midfield for that matter, we need pace and power, look at all the teams doing well, all have the pace/power !! Our pace are either left on the bench or played and not given the ball quick enough. If we get this sorted we do not need to pay 60K a week for yet another striker that will be here just for the money I'm sure. Look at a young striker that has ambition, and is scoring goals already this season somewhere?
Since the late 60's, I have seen the good and bad times and will always follow my team whatever league we play in, standing in the cold up at Hartlepool, shipping 7 goals or scoring for fun at Wembley. I am sure we can turn this round without getting another so called big shot to drain more money from our club, the current league is not all that, we have the players to finish mid table. Happy Christmas ! Roll on 2016....and back to some winning ways.
Loic Remy on 09:51 - Dec 22 with 3668 viewsDevz00

Loic Remy on 09:44 - Dec 22 by JocJack

We have thrown good money away these past few seasons, highest wages this season on players here for Premiership football/premiership money! not Swansea City. The old guard are the ones that perform week in week out, ie Leon/Ash.Siggi and Co and dont forget Garry! Ok this year has not been the best, so far ? but we need grafters and players that will fight for the ball and pass and run forward!! Our current strikers are not up to the job, or our midfield for that matter, we need pace and power, look at all the teams doing well, all have the pace/power !! Our pace are either left on the bench or played and not given the ball quick enough. If we get this sorted we do not need to pay 60K a week for yet another striker that will be here just for the money I'm sure. Look at a young striker that has ambition, and is scoring goals already this season somewhere?
Since the late 60's, I have seen the good and bad times and will always follow my team whatever league we play in, standing in the cold up at Hartlepool, shipping 7 goals or scoring for fun at Wembley. I am sure we can turn this round without getting another so called big shot to drain more money from our club, the current league is not all that, we have the players to finish mid table. Happy Christmas ! Roll on 2016....and back to some winning ways.

Is a relegation battle the best place for a young untested striker? We need an experienced manager and a proven striker. It's like gold dust in January. We usually go down the loan route so I see the potential Remy deal as one of the better options. He can score goals in this league. Everyone is talking about Austin but QPR will want 10m for him in January and I doubt he'll be too interested in signing for a club in a relegation battle.

99% of Premier League players are motivated by money. Not sure we can sign a player that will come to us, score goals and do it just for the love of playing for our club.

Loic Remy on 09:53 - Dec 22 with 3660 viewsPegojack

We need someone of his ilk, certainly, a proven goalscorer at Premiership level. If it's to be another of the 'lame duck' strikers we've had in recent seasons, we might as well stick with what we've got. If we do that, mind, we're going down....

I can't see Remy coming with the current upheaval at Chelsea. I pray we're working hard behind the scenes and looking at all possible options though. Earn your corn, Mr Leadbetter.
Loic Remy on 09:55 - Dec 22 with 3648 viewspencoedjack

Loic Remy on 09:51 - Dec 22 by Devz00

Is a relegation battle the best place for a young untested striker? We need an experienced manager and a proven striker. It's like gold dust in January. We usually go down the loan route so I see the potential Remy deal as one of the better options. He can score goals in this league. Everyone is talking about Austin but QPR will want 10m for him in January and I doubt he'll be too interested in signing for a club in a relegation battle.

99% of Premier League players are motivated by money. Not sure we can sign a player that will come to us, score goals and do it just for the love of playing for our club.

Good post but a young unproven striker cant be no worse than the oaf we have up top at the moment.

I can forgive a player for being off form but lack of effort is unforgivable IMO.
Loic Remy on 09:59 - Dec 22 with 3623 viewsSwansea93

Oliveira has been doing alright for Forest aint he? Don't think he had a fair crack down here.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Loic Remy on 10:35 - Dec 22 with 3548 viewsLoyal

Loic Remy on 09:21 - Dec 22 by Oldjack

if true ,that's just bang out of order init

How can it not be true ?
Monk didn't scour the French scene for Tabanou likewise Portugal for Eder.
It's a well known fact the board employ agents to find a certain type of player you only have to look at payments above and beyond the usual to see that.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Loic Remy on 10:44 - Dec 22 with 3518 viewsOldjack

Loic Remy on 10:35 - Dec 22 by Loyal

How can it not be true ?
Monk didn't scour the French scene for Tabanou likewise Portugal for Eder.
It's a well known fact the board employ agents to find a certain type of player you only have to look at payments above and beyond the usual to see that.

that's why scouts were invented, why the fuk would we buy a player that the manager cant or won't use ?yes the board may find players but the last word should lay with the manager

Loic Remy on 10:49 - Dec 22 with 3501 viewsblaine_scfc

Loic Remy on 10:44 - Dec 22 by Oldjack

that's why scouts were invented, why the fuk would we buy a player that the manager cant or won't use ?yes the board may find players but the last word should lay with the manager

"Should" being the important word.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024