Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Townsend to sign for Sunderland 23:12 - Dec 29 with 6770 viewsPacemaker

Andros Townsend is about to sign for Sunderland and significantly increase his £40k a week wages. According to The Independent.

Looks like everyone is spending big to try and avoid relegation.

Andros Townsend close to signing for Sunderland after being frozen out at Spurs - The Independent
https://apple.news/ApnA-3jQDN4-KLrTyvvlgug
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 23:17]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:14 - Dec 29 with 4091 viewslovejuicejack

Not everyone
Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:19 - Dec 29 with 4021 viewsPacemaker

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:14 - Dec 29 by lovejuicejack

Not everyone

If it means paying the likes of Townsend "considerably more than £40k a week" than I will be happy to keep out of the market.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:19 - Dec 29 with 4018 viewsmorningstar

We do not need to spend big, we just have to get these players playing! We have a top half team/squad and one that on paper Andros Townsend wouldn't get anywhere near!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:20 - Dec 29 with 4016 viewsmax936

Its getting close to us not being able to compete with other clubs, their financial clout seems to be much greater than ours, Norwich, Sunderland, Bournemouth and Villa are all looking at spending this January to avoid the drop, might be beyond Villa, but the others are still able to fight their way out, we need a manager ASAP to reinvigorate the squad and get them performing and scoring, gonna be a struggle I think.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:22 - Dec 29 with 3988 viewsmorningstar

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:20 - Dec 29 by max936

Its getting close to us not being able to compete with other clubs, their financial clout seems to be much greater than ours, Norwich, Sunderland, Bournemouth and Villa are all looking at spending this January to avoid the drop, might be beyond Villa, but the others are still able to fight their way out, we need a manager ASAP to reinvigorate the squad and get them performing and scoring, gonna be a struggle I think.

A struggle yes. Our only option?........Yes!

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:24 - Dec 29 with 3966 viewslovejuicejack

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:19 - Dec 29 by morningstar

We do not need to spend big, we just have to get these players playing! We have a top half team/squad and one that on paper Andros Townsend wouldn't get anywhere near!

What would be the donkeys wanger would be to unearth another gem or two from abroad a la michu! We cannot simple just throw money at a relegation problem, it's not nailed on to work anyway just look at qpr
Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:26 - Dec 29 with 3951 viewsJackofdreambeach

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:19 - Dec 29 by morningstar

Andros Townsend the type of signing that would lift things. We are in a relegation scrap.....we won't get the points with paper thin squad.
Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:28 - Dec 29 with 3929 viewslovejuicejack

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:26 - Dec 29 by Jackofdreambeach

Andros Townsend the type of signing that would lift things. We are in a relegation scrap.....we won't get the points with paper thin squad.

What do you suggest, go into big debt?
Login to get fewer ads

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:31 - Dec 29 with 3916 viewsjruss1

Sunderland is where career's go to die. Townsend is perfect for it, over rated who thinks he's top notch because he had a few undeserved England caps. I'm sure he will imrpove with a massive increase in wages...
Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:31 - Dec 29 with 3916 viewsmax936

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:22 - Dec 29 by morningstar

A struggle yes. Our only option?........Yes!

I hope not morning star, but we haven't got a manager and it seems like no money either, so its looking like there's a struggle ahead of us, the quicker we get a manager the better and by the end of next week would help, unless Curt can get the players to find their shooting boots.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:36 - Dec 29 with 3870 viewsNeathJack

What these other clubs are doing is basically looking to spend next years increased money now in the hope that it pays off for them and they actually stay up and get the money they will have already spent.

I've absolutely no interest in us going down that route as it's the road to oblivion for us.

If we can offload Shelvey & Gomis in Jan and bring in a striker and a manager with the proceeds then I'll be far happier than doing what these other clubs are seemingly proposing.
Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:38 - Dec 29 with 3846 viewsawayjack

I'm sure our board recognise the importance of staying up this year. TV revenues minimum £100m in prem next year versus max £5m in championship. Even with £25m parachute a £70m differnce in income is worth taking a little more risk than we usually take in Jan, especially as we had a particularly poor Summer for recruitment. Fresh attacking players urgently needed - would you risk £70m on Gomis/Eder greeting goals we need?
Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:42 - Dec 29 with 3816 viewsmorningstar

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:31 - Dec 29 by max936

I hope not morning star, but we haven't got a manager and it seems like no money either, so its looking like there's a struggle ahead of us, the quicker we get a manager the better and by the end of next week would help, unless Curt can get the players to find their shooting boots.

We need a manager Max. Curt is great and he is struggling through, and in fairness so are the players, but we cannot battle through every game as that is what we have been doing. Give them confident leadership and a sense of direction and I still see no reason why we cannot finish in the top half of this league. Without it? Who knows what the hell will happen.

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:42 - Dec 29 with 3813 viewsdobjack2

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:38 - Dec 29 by awayjack

I'm sure our board recognise the importance of staying up this year. TV revenues minimum £100m in prem next year versus max £5m in championship. Even with £25m parachute a £70m differnce in income is worth taking a little more risk than we usually take in Jan, especially as we had a particularly poor Summer for recruitment. Fresh attacking players urgently needed - would you risk £70m on Gomis/Eder greeting goals we need?

Personally I wouldn't risk 70p.
Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:45 - Dec 29 with 3793 viewsBorojack

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:36 - Dec 29 by NeathJack

What these other clubs are doing is basically looking to spend next years increased money now in the hope that it pays off for them and they actually stay up and get the money they will have already spent.

I've absolutely no interest in us going down that route as it's the road to oblivion for us.

If we can offload Shelvey & Gomis in Jan and bring in a striker and a manager with the proceeds then I'll be far happier than doing what these other clubs are seemingly proposing.

Good post I agree what striker not many about Bamford maybe?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:52 - Dec 29 with 3744 viewsmonmouth

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:20 - Dec 29 by max936

I'll say it again Max. Leicesters first team tonight cost £17m in total. man City £309m. Game could easily have gone either way. Gary's right, we already have the players to get out of this with something to spare.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:58 - Dec 29 with 3714 viewsmorningstar

Why don't people get that the board will not risk our club getting into a debt that they cannot pay if the risk doesnt come off! The championship and beyond is full of clubs who do this, so good on them in that respect. What will be will be. We all know they want too cash their shares in to outside investors, but they still are longlife fans of the club and I seriously doubt that they would jeopardise the future of the club in order too attain that on a gamble.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 23:59]

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:58 - Dec 29 with 3708 viewsawayjack

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:42 - Dec 29 by dobjack2

Personally I wouldn't risk 70p.

Yup - maybe £7! Agree with other post if we can offload a couple of high wage, underperforming attacking players and get a couple of loan signings to freshen up attack. Tough to get quality strikers in Jan but noises top 8 (+chelsea) all bringing in new strikers in Jan so maybe trigger a few loan options.
Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 00:12 - Dec 30 with 3655 viewsLandore_Jack

We need better quality in the final third. Too many times his end product is poor. Sunderland can have him.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2015 0:14]

#backtojack

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 00:14 - Dec 30 with 3636 viewsLoyal

We need someone who can assist us to win 6 games, that's it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 00:17 - Dec 30 with 3610 viewsawayjack

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 23:58 - Dec 29 by morningstar

Why don't people get that the board will not risk our club getting into a debt that they cannot pay if the risk doesnt come off! The championship and beyond is full of clubs who do this, so good on them in that respect. What will be will be. We all know they want too cash their shares in to outside investors, but they still are longlife fans of the club and I seriously doubt that they would jeopardise the future of the club in order too attain that on a gamble.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 23:59]

at what point is not investing the nessary amount in players as much of a risk to the future of the club? The Board have increased our investment each year based on their assessment of what we need to compete be it players, academy etc.. and increased our debt to £25m or so. Just to illustrate if we invest £5m more than planned this Jan due to our low position in the league, is this risking the club or protecting our premier league future in perhaps most critical year as far as money is concerned ? Would relegation and £70m (70%) fall in income be a more serious risk to the future of club than investing in players in Jan? It's a matter or how our Board asses risk of investment rather than the emotional 'they won't 'risk the club' nonsense.
Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 00:43 - Dec 30 with 3531 viewsraynor94

Ok, come on then who would you buy and how much are you willing to gamble?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 00:59 - Dec 30 with 3490 viewsDyfnant

We'll be loaning someone at best, even if someone's mental enough to buy Gomis off us.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 05:31 - Dec 30 with 3301 viewsJonTheJack

People need to stop thinking about Bamford. He is not good enough for us now, nor will he ever will be.
Townsend to sign for Sunderland on 06:59 - Dec 30 with 3223 viewsLord_Bony

We ve shot our bolt financially with some bad investments I e Monk,Gomis,Ayew and a few others.

We have nt got much left in the pot for January but our main priority remains a good manager who can motivate...screw this up and it could well be curtains.

Having said that,Huw needs to consider the other side of the coin and going hell for leather with the cash because to drop out of this league would be a huge blow financially...you have to speculate to accumulate that's what Norwich,Sunderland and Newcastle will be doing soon.

Do we join them or make do with what we got is the question.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024