Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curtis: Players identified & funds available 17:57 - Dec 31 with 4914 viewskarnataka

Just reading BBC sport and in an interview Curt has said:-

Player targets have been identified but he hasn't been told who they are
Funds are available
Nobody likely to be leaving - all speculation atm
He doesn't think Bamford is a target
No news on a manager so we carry on regardless

The only thing that surprises me there is that funds are avahilable but then it doesn't specify how much. Also, if he doesn't know who the targets are yet, I guess Bamford could still be one.
Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:16 - Dec 31 with 3310 viewsmonmouth

So who the ruddy f*ck picks the players we sign if the manager (however temporary) is 'not told'?

What if the new bloke thinks they're a pile of cachu?

I suppose this adds fuel to the 'blokey identified and agreed, yet to be announced' theory. If not, unless I'm missing something fundamental, it's barking. Possibly even barking up the wrong Ngog.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:20 - Dec 31 with 3279 viewsmorningstar

We've never revealed how much funds we have available too my knowledge. And too be honest I don't think it would be wise to do so.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:20 - Dec 31 with 3272 viewsdobjack2

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:16 - Dec 31 by monmouth

So who the ruddy f*ck picks the players we sign if the manager (however temporary) is 'not told'?

I suppose this adds fuel to the 'blokey identified and agreed, yet to be announced' theory. If not, unless I'm missing something fundamental, it's barking. Possibly even barking up the wrong Ngog.

See some of the comments in the scout/s thread
Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:22 - Dec 31 with 3261 viewsBorojack

Apparantly the players were identified a couple of months ago
Unlikely to be Bamford according to Curtis.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:24 - Dec 31 with 3246 viewslonglostjack

I'm reading it as Curt playing a straight bat it's been the same line in a couple of interviews now. Nothing wrong with that. Never mind commercial agreements with South Korea - we could sell PR consultancy to North Korea and make a pack !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:26 - Dec 31 with 3238 viewsmorningstar

I'm utterly convinced that we have someone ready too come in. And until it is announced otherwise, no one will convince me that it is not Marcelo Bielsa.
As for the points you make monny, Curt didn't give any indication of who these players are, or when we would be looking to bring them in.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:26 - Dec 31 with 3234 viewsQuakerJack

Our Director of Football of course... The experienced football genius, Mr Huw Jenkins

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:26 - Dec 31 with 3225 viewsexiledclaseboy

Huw Jenkins seems to be de facto manager. This can't end well.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:31 - Dec 31 with 3184 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:26 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

I'm hoping Curt will say those immortal words before the game on Saturday .

"Right lads your playing for your future the new gaffer is in the stands "

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:39 - Dec 31 with 3149 viewsdobjack2

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:26 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

I would assume as chairman HJ leads player acquisition.

It has been obvious for months that we need another striker and it would have been ludicrous if the club hadn't started the process of getting one some time ago or even revisiting targets from the last window.
Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:39 - Dec 31 with 3145 viewsSwanjaxs

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:31 - Dec 31 by oh_tommy_tommy

I'm hoping Curt will say those immortal words before the game on Saturday .

"Right lads your playing for your future the new gaffer is in the stands "

...... and his name is Huw Jenkins

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 09:54 - Jan 1 with 2765 viewsDr_Winston

It's increasingly obvious that some people have far more sway in choosing who we sign than they should do and would explain the scattershot nature of our transfer dealings over the last few years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 10:13 - Jan 1 with 2702 viewsQuakerJack

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:39 - Dec 31 by dobjack2

It has been obvious for months that we need another striker and it would have been ludicrous if the club hadn't started the process of getting one some time ago or even revisiting targets from the last window.

We shouldnt assume that tho should we, that should be the last thing we assume... Whilst its obvious we need a new striker, the identity of said striker should not be the decision of Huw Jenkins

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 10:25 - Jan 1 with 2662 viewsBorojack

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 10:13 - Jan 1 by QuakerJack

We shouldnt assume that tho should we, that should be the last thing we assume... Whilst its obvious we need a new striker, the identity of said striker should not be the decision of Huw Jenkins

Yes its a bit worrying especially when you look at some of the money we wasted in the last window.
Scouts must be recommending players and the club go through the list to see who is available within our budget.
But I have to agree something is not right we should be open on this and end the speculation.
Jenkins should not be getting the final say on recruitment.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 10:27 - Jan 1 with 2651 viewsDr_Winston

Was obvious that there were problems with our acquisition dept when Ki arrived. A player Laudrup clearly had no interest in or use for. Then Ngog and Emnes turned up and made it official.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 10:27 - Jan 1 with 2650 viewsdobjack2

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 10:13 - Jan 1 by QuakerJack

Surely as chairman and holder of the purse strings HJ will have massive input into who comes here. He won't be identifying our targets (well I fecking hope not) but will be negotiating in relation to those targets.

If the fee for target A costs more than we will pay or their terms are incompatible with our wages structure then that transfer will not happen. That is just a simplistic example, there are a myriad of reasons why a proposed transfer may not even go as far as a bid including a player not wanting to come here.

When we signed Lita and Ngog we probably went to targets that had previously been provided to the board rather than ones Laudrup or his people had identified.

Problem comes when a manager/coach is given someone that wasn't on their wish list for whatever reason.
Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 12:48 - Jan 1 with 2425 viewsPrivate_Partz

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 18:39 - Dec 31 by dobjack2

I really don't see the point in this is as it will mean the new manger will not have a say in who the new players are. He will be hamstrung with regards to bringing his own men in.
There are quite a few us on here who believe that our lack of goals is not just down to the strikers but our overall play. I hope the new guy realises that.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 16:18 - Jan 1 with 2170 viewsdobjack2

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 12:48 - Jan 1 by Private_Partz

I really don't see the point in this is as it will mean the new manger will not have a say in who the new players are. He will be hamstrung with regards to bringing his own men in.
There are quite a few us on here who believe that our lack of goals is not just down to the strikers but our overall play. I hope the new guy realises that.

Depends on who the new man is and when he has input into our transfer dealings.

A different striker would give us more options and may create chances of his own but I agree that the striker is just one part of the problem.
Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 16:51 - Jan 1 with 2104 viewsmonmouth

At a guess, our three sources of players are:

1) agent's recommendations
2) played for middlesbrough or bolton
3) had a good game against us once.

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 16:58 - Jan 1 with 2059 viewsskippyjack

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 16:51 - Jan 1 by monmouth

Falkirk and Scotland

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 17:05 - Jan 1 with 2028 viewstomdickharry

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 16:51 - Jan 1 by monmouth

Been ripped off by WBA twice as well Beattie & Moore also add a contract given to Augustein who was a well known sick note.
Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 17:12 - Jan 1 with 1996 viewsskippyjack

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 17:05 - Jan 1 by tomdickharry

Been ripped off by WBA twice as well Beattie & Moore also add a contract given to Augustein who was a well known sick note.

Moore cost nothing.. and was better than Beattie who cost 800k.

But you've always had it in for Moore.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 17:13 - Jan 1 with 1993 viewsraynor94

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 17:05 - Jan 1 by tomdickharry

How on earth was Moore a rip off? a tidy player who played his part here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 17:37 - Jan 1 with 1920 viewsmonmouth

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 16:58 - Jan 1 by skippyjack

Falkirk and Scotland

Oh aye, forgot them. Our sources are legion.

Curtis: Players identified & funds available on 17:40 - Jan 1 with 1908 viewsLoyal

David Ngog.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024