Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British not Welsh...... 13:10 - Jan 4 with 4715 viewsJackanapes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3000998/Are-Welsh-truest-Brits-En

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

British not Welsh...... on 13:30 - Jan 4 with 4665 viewstrampie

I'm saying Porthcawl

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

British not Welsh...... on 14:20 - Jan 4 with 4606 viewsLohengrin

British not Welsh...... on 13:30 - Jan 4 by trampie

I'm saying Porthcawl

If you look at the genetic distribution maps on there, Tramp, you'll note that Pembs is coloured yellow as is the area covering Swansea/ Neath.

Guten morgen, mein freund!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

British not Welsh...... on 14:29 - Jan 4 with 4569 viewstrampie

Neath has one of the highest proportions of Welsh surnames of any town in Wales, but no doubt that includes the vale of Neath, Neath was Roman wasn't it with the commando's up the valley roaming free, similar set up to Swansea probably Viking and Norman types in the town unable to venture far from the bridgehead.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

British not Welsh...... on 14:51 - Jan 4 with 4540 viewsHighjack

British not Welsh...... on 14:29 - Jan 4 by trampie

Neath has one of the highest proportions of Welsh surnames of any town in Wales, but no doubt that includes the vale of Neath, Neath was Roman wasn't it with the commando's up the valley roaming free, similar set up to Swansea probably Viking and Norman types in the town unable to venture far from the bridgehead.

Nobody dares going commando up that valley tramp, in fear of hypothermia, rape, or both, not necessarily in any particular order.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

British not Welsh...... on 15:07 - Jan 4 with 4500 viewstrampie

British not Welsh...... on 14:51 - Jan 4 by Highjack

Nobody dares going commando up that valley tramp, in fear of hypothermia, rape, or both, not necessarily in any particular order.

King Arthur is up there Highjack, St Patrick was born up the mountain up there, Turner used to go painting landscapes up there, Neath were too afraid to play the rugby team at the top end of the Vale for decades.
Its best Neath people stay put, the river water in Neath is a brownie yellow colour while it is clear right up the top of the valley, my tip to you is don't wash your clothes in it, swim in it or drink it.

British not Welsh...... on 15:55 - Jan 4 with 4453 viewsLohengrin

British not Welsh...... on 15:07 - Jan 4 by trampie

King Arthur is up there Highjack, St Patrick was born up the mountain up there, Turner used to go painting landscapes up there, Neath were too afraid to play the rugby team at the top end of the Vale for decades.
Its best Neath people stay put, the river water in Neath is a brownie yellow colour while it is clear right up the top of the valley, my tip to you is don't wash your clothes in it, swim in it or drink it.

Neath wouldn't play who now? There are only village teams in the vale of Neath they wouldn't have occasion to play them other than for charity or centenary games, would they?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 15:55]

British not Welsh...... on 16:03 - Jan 4 with 4432 viewsBanosswan

British not Welsh...... on 15:55 - Jan 4 by Lohengrin

Neath wouldn't play who now? There are only village teams in the vale of Neath they wouldn't have occasion to play them other than for charity or centenary games, would they?

I think it's a deluded glynneath thing.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

British not Welsh...... on 16:34 - Jan 4 with 4374 viewsLohengrin

British not Welsh...... on 16:03 - Jan 4 by Banosswan

I think it's a deluded glynneath thing.

Well I'm sure that Glyneath have fielded some fine sides over the years and produced some excellent players but I doubt they would have struck terror into the hearts of the teams that Brian Thomas and Ron Waldron assembled. Phil Pugh, Dai Morgan, Mark Jones and the like don't strike me as being particularly faint-hearted!

Login to get fewer ads

British not Welsh...... on 16:52 - Jan 4 with 4338 viewsHighjack

British not Welsh...... on 15:07 - Jan 4 by trampie

I have no doubt that those fine people went up there, all I'm saying is I bet they did it whilst wearing pants.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

British not Welsh...... on 17:03 - Jan 4 with 4317 viewstrampie

British not Welsh...... on 15:55 - Jan 4 by Lohengrin

Glynneath.

Glynneath beat Neath straight after the war, Neath didn't score a point, ok that Glynneath team beat a New Zealand representative side containing players that would be capped by NZ as soon as internationals restarted, Neath for their part would be crowned the Welsh champions the following season when a championship for 'Gentlemans' teams only started, Glynneath not invited.
Neath didn't like rough play they were bullies in the first class game but didn't fancy their chances up the valleys.
Fair play to the New Zealanders the story is a Glynneath boy saved a New Zealanders life in the war and the New Zealander said that they were going to be holding trials to tour Britain after the war and he could try and get the NZ's to play against the Glynneath soldiers home team, the New Zealander was told, oi butt stick to playing the 'Gentlemens' teams, the Cardiff's, Swansea's, Llanelli's, Newport's and so on, you don't want your boys getting physically hurt and beat, but the New Zealander insisted and in fairness there was 2 games, first game NZ won [just] was x rated, with a Glynneath player badly hurt in the opening exchanges and the home team then played the entire match with 14 players, no subs in those days, NZ could not leave it like that and a second fixture was arranged a few months later and 15 v 15 Glynneath beat them.
Glynneath toured France a year after the war, only the second Welsh team to do so, quite an undertaking so soon after the war with the French rugby heartland being in the South West of the country.
I know you like war stories but you only get a Brit Nat perspective and not a Welsh one, so i'm happy to help you out.

Glynneath did beat Aberavon that year as well, not sure if they played Swansea thought, although Swansea did play Glynneath the year Glynneath had an 'invincible' season, Swansea didn't win but hats off to them for going up to Abernant Park.

Neath then wanted to play Glynneath again after years to open Glynneaths floodlights,lol, when most teams did not have floodlights, Glynneath played the Welsh national team instead, you got to laugh at Neath.

Around that time Glynneath toured South Africa combined with another team of commando's to coincide with Wales first ever visit to the Republic so the South Africans put Springboks in against the Glynneath combined team in preparation for the Test match, Glynneath beat them, Glynneath won 3 out 5 against teams with Springbok players, Wales got hammered out of site, if Wales had picked Glynneath players instead of players from the 'Gentlemen' clubs then the result might have been different, as Glynneath had won on the coast and up in the highvelt against the Boer types.

Its a tragedy of Welsh rugby that during the era of the mines when there was strong teams up the valleys the Gentlemens clubs were often afraid of them and although some went to play for the Gentlemens clubs lots did not and the clique that is Welsh rugby would only pick from the Gentlemens clubs, sad but there you go thats townies for you.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 17:07]

British not Welsh...... on 17:13 - Jan 4 with 4304 viewsHighjack

Stop avoiding the important question here. Did Turner wear pants?

British not Welsh...... on 18:50 - Jan 4 with 4208 viewsBanosswan

British not Welsh...... on 16:34 - Jan 4 by Lohengrin

Well I'm sure that Glyneath have fielded some fine sides over the years and produced some excellent players but I doubt they would have struck terror into the hearts of the teams that Brian Thomas and Ron Waldron assembled. Phil Pugh, Dai Morgan, Mark Jones and the like don't strike me as being particularly faint-hearted!

First thing Phil Pugh taught me when he was my coach was if you can see someone's face on the side of a maul, as you're joining the maul, stick your head on their cheekbone.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

British not Welsh...... on 19:27 - Jan 4 with 4150 viewsLohengrin

British not Welsh...... on 18:50 - Jan 4 by Banosswan

First thing Phil Pugh taught me when he was my coach was if you can see someone's face on the side of a maul, as you're joining the maul, stick your head on their cheekbone.

A noted graduate of the Brian Thomas/Randall Davies school of sporting etiquette!

British not Welsh...... on 19:30 - Jan 4 with 4130 viewstrampie

A Seven Sisters player wasn't he ?

British not Welsh...... on 20:49 - Jan 4 with 4044 viewsTrundle10

WHere did he coach you?
British not Welsh...... on 20:54 - Jan 4 with 4038 viewsBrynmill_Jack

British not Welsh...... on 13:30 - Jan 4 by trampie

I'm saying Porthcawl

This is what I've been tryng to get through to you for about a year now. To be Welsh is to be truly British.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

British not Welsh...... on 21:18 - Jan 4 with 3991 viewstrampie

Trying to get through to me, lol, I know, being Welsh and being an Ancient Briton are synonymous.

British not Welsh...... on 21:39 - Jan 4 with 3946 viewsBanosswan

British not Welsh...... on 20:49 - Jan 4 by Trundle10

WHere did he coach you?

Trebanos

British not Welsh...... on 21:45 - Jan 4 with 3923 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Some fella told me the other day that he taght Phil Pugh in Bishop Gore school

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

British not Welsh...... on 22:03 - Jan 4 with 3893 viewsskippyjack

British not Welsh...... on 14:20 - Jan 4 by Lohengrin

If you look at the genetic distribution maps on there, Tramp, you'll note that Pembs is coloured yellow as is the area covering Swansea/ Neath.

Guten morgen, mein freund!

Murton, Mumbles, Dunvant, Killay, The Gower and Pembroke west are mainly English intruders.. escaping 'multicultural' London, Bradford and Birmingham.. to live a cheaper and peaceful existence by controlling the welsh masses.

They tend to rate themselves 'above average' in the arrogance stakes.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

British not Welsh...... on 22:08 - Jan 4 with 3883 viewsTrundle10

British not Welsh...... on 21:39 - Jan 4 by Banosswan

Trebanos

Did not know he coached there. It's by Clydach isn't it?
British not Welsh...... on 22:52 - Jan 4 with 3821 viewsBanosswan

British not Welsh...... on 22:08 - Jan 4 by Trundle10

Did not know he coached there. It's by Clydach isn't it?

Yes, between there and pontardawe. I think he had two stints there, but I'd gone on to bigger and better things by then

British not Welsh...... on 10:08 - Jan 5 with 3694 viewsdickythorpe

Phil Pugh, Mark Jones, Mark Perego, Emyr Lewis, Denzil Earland, Hemi Taylor , Chris Huish, Mike Watkins all so called hard men.......never saw them get the better of Webby, Santa and Pinky
British not Welsh...... on 15:01 - Jan 5 with 3612 viewstrampie

A Welsh sports team uses the slogan ''The future is bright, the future is GERMAN!!'' and refers to its junior teams sometimes as ''Young Germans''.

Its only in recent decades that has been the case mind, jealous near neighbours didn't like the fact that the German Kaiser would visit friends in one part of Wales so they would call people from this place Germans, people of a certain standing have always interacted, even if they are birds of a different feather.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024