Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Making a Murderer 20:46 - Jan 7 with 9146 viewsAquinas

Did he do it?
Making a Murderer on 20:47 - Jan 7 with 6551 viewsDarran

No spoilers mun there's loads currently watching it.

My answer is no.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Making a Murderer on 20:52 - Jan 7 with 6538 viewsAquinas

Making a Murderer on 20:47 - Jan 7 by Darran

No spoilers mun there's loads currently watching it.

My answer is no.

I don't really know how you can give a spoiler? It is completely subjective and thats why its so great.

There is talk of a second series.
Making a Murderer on 20:54 - Jan 7 with 6534 viewsDarran

Making a Murderer on 20:52 - Jan 7 by Aquinas

I don't really know how you can give a spoiler? It is completely subjective and thats why its so great.

There is talk of a second series.

Well something even more ridiculous is going to have to happen for a second series.

Apparently the documentary The Central Park Five is supposed to be good too.

Making a Murderer on 20:59 - Jan 7 with 6515 viewsAquinas

Making a Murderer on 20:54 - Jan 7 by Darran

Well something even more ridiculous is going to have to happen for a second series.

Apparently the documentary The Central Park Five is supposed to be good too.

Central Park Five is more cut and dry but definitely worth watching. I found it very interesting and sad.

I read an article which said that a juror from the (avery) trial came forward this tuesday to the producers of the show and said that they think he is innocent and that there was a lot of coercion and vote swapping during deliberation. The top political man in Wisconsin has refused to even consider pardoning him.

I'm only on ep7 so i've got a few more to go. I'm interested to know what happens to the boy and how long they both get.
Making a Murderer on 21:00 - Jan 7 with 6507 viewsDarran

Making a Murderer on 20:59 - Jan 7 by Aquinas

Central Park Five is more cut and dry but definitely worth watching. I found it very interesting and sad.

I read an article which said that a juror from the (avery) trial came forward this tuesday to the producers of the show and said that they think he is innocent and that there was a lot of coercion and vote swapping during deliberation. The top political man in Wisconsin has refused to even consider pardoning him.

I'm only on ep7 so i've got a few more to go. I'm interested to know what happens to the boy and how long they both get.

I've seen it all and I'm saying nowt.

Making a Murderer on 21:22 - Jan 7 with 6459 viewsJonnyTheJack

Making a Murderer on 21:00 - Jan 7 by Darran

I've seen it all and I'm saying nowt.

Posted about this in the What ya watching thread. It's one of the best series/documentaries i've watched.

The central park five is great. There's a load of good ones on Netflix, West Of Memphis is similar with the whole sh*tty way the police interrogate the vulnerable. Kids for Cash is another one that made me angry like this Making a Murderer. A judge making a ton of money by sending kids to a juvenile detention centre for the most petty of crimes which then fuc*s the kids up.
Making a Murderer on 21:58 - Jan 7 with 6422 viewsAquinas

Making a Murderer on 21:22 - Jan 7 by JonnyTheJack

Posted about this in the What ya watching thread. It's one of the best series/documentaries i've watched.

The central park five is great. There's a load of good ones on Netflix, West Of Memphis is similar with the whole sh*tty way the police interrogate the vulnerable. Kids for Cash is another one that made me angry like this Making a Murderer. A judge making a ton of money by sending kids to a juvenile detention centre for the most petty of crimes which then fuc*s the kids up.

i liked Aileen as well.
Making a Murderer on 01:18 - Jan 8 with 6320 viewsJack123

I did not read anything, came straight to the bottom.. Just got into this series, watched six episodes so far, it's absolutely brilliant!

So much going on..I'm like shouting at the tv.. you crooked fuc*ng bastard.. lol

Spot on!!

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Making a Murderer on 07:40 - Jan 8 with 6273 viewsJackfath

Is making a murderer FACT or FIction?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Making a Murderer on 08:59 - Jan 8 with 6231 viewsJack123

Making a Murderer on 07:40 - Jan 8 by Jackfath

Is making a murderer FACT or FIction?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5189670/?ref_=nv_sr_1

libera nos a malo

Making a Murderer on 11:42 - Jan 8 with 6171 viewsDarran

Don't click if you're still washing but the White House has responded.

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-free-steven-avery/respon

Making a Murderer on 17:09 - Jan 9 with 6048 viewsDarran

Another link not to click if you haven't seen it.
The Guardian is reporting it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/09/netxflix-murder-whoddunit-petition

Making a Murderer on 03:10 - Jan 12 with 5976 viewsBLAZE

*SPOILERS* kinda

Just finished it. Assuming it's a reasonabley accurate portrial of the evidence then the whole thing makes me sick. Really frustrating viewing, especially watching that poor f*cker being coerced during interviews. Some rather punchable chaps working in the Wisconsin justice system, too.

Just read that a high profile attorney known for exonerations has joined his defence and claims to have new evidence - speculated to be that the blood in the Rav4 was planted

If he ever gets freed, I hope it's before his mother snuffs it.... the poor old thing
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 3:15]
Making a Murderer on 09:17 - Jan 12 with 5896 viewsJack123

SPOILER!

Just finished watching.

I don't think he done it! The one thing that stood out for me, he was supposed to have shot her in the head, yet they found no blood, apart from inside the girls car!

From what that investigator said, it would be virtually impossible unless you had special training, to clear up that amount of blood/dna.

And if he did go to all that trouble to clean it up!, Why would he leave the girls car, in his yard, with a couple of stand out blood spots! When, he could so have easily crushed it!

And as for the young boy, those interviews were disgusting!

I hope he get's out soon, the two of them.

libera nos a malo

Making a Murderer on 22:50 - Jan 17 with 5795 viewsjojaca

Making a Murderer on 09:17 - Jan 12 by Jack123

SPOILER!

Just finished watching.

I don't think he done it! The one thing that stood out for me, he was supposed to have shot her in the head, yet they found no blood, apart from inside the girls car!

From what that investigator said, it would be virtually impossible unless you had special training, to clear up that amount of blood/dna.

And if he did go to all that trouble to clean it up!, Why would he leave the girls car, in his yard, with a couple of stand out blood spots! When, he could so have easily crushed it!

And as for the young boy, those interviews were disgusting!

I hope he get's out soon, the two of them.

Just finished watching it, corruption at its finest.

Even when you know, you never know?

Making a Murderer on 23:02 - Jan 17 with 5780 viewsItchySphincter

Making a Murderer on 22:50 - Jan 17 by jojaca

Just finished watching it, corruption at its finest.

The one thing I absolutely can't understand is how they can be done for rape. Okay a jury can find them guilty of murder if they want but rape? How can that be and why wasn't it mentioned? At the end of the day they can't have any evidence of that, circumstantial or otherwise. Plus, what are his other crimes the prosecutors kept referring too? It's either the stuff he was proven not to do or the film makers left a huge amount out.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Making a Murderer on 23:04 - Jan 17 with 5775 viewsDarran

Making a Murderer on 23:02 - Jan 17 by ItchySphincter

The one thing I absolutely can't understand is how they can be done for rape. Okay a jury can find them guilty of murder if they want but rape? How can that be and why wasn't it mentioned? At the end of the day they can't have any evidence of that, circumstantial or otherwise. Plus, what are his other crimes the prosecutors kept referring too? It's either the stuff he was proven not to do or the film makers left a huge amount out.

Strangest bit for me was that a jury found the main man not guilty of one crime but another jury found his nephew as a second party guilty of it.

Making a Murderer on 23:11 - Jan 17 with 5765 viewsItchySphincter

Yeah, stuff like that was odd. How could they even charge them with rape though? They only found some dust and bones and even if they killed her they wouldn't know that besides the kids testimony. I just can't see how the judge allowed them to even bring that charge.

Making a Murderer on 02:59 - Jan 18 with 5715 viewsGroo

Making a Murderer on 23:11 - Jan 17 by ItchySphincter

Yeah, stuff like that was odd. How could they even charge them with rape though? They only found some dust and bones and even if they killed her they wouldn't know that besides the kids testimony. I just can't see how the judge allowed them to even bring that charge.

What happened to the girl though?

Something happened somewhere, the stitch up is surreal though, he was only in the process of suing them for $36 million for his previous 18 years inside for a crime he didn't commit, just think what he'd be after if they let him out again.

Groo does what Groo does best

Making a Murderer on 10:54 - Jan 18 with 5621 viewstrampie

Were the film makers biased ?
Did the film makers leave things out ?
Can you frame a guilty person to make sure of a conviction ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Making a Murderer on 13:47 - Jan 18 with 5540 viewsAquinas

Making a Murderer on 10:54 - Jan 18 by trampie

Were the film makers biased ?
Did the film makers leave things out ?
Can you frame a guilty person to make sure of a conviction ?

Yes, the filmmakers were biased. That does not detract from the enjoyment.

Yes, they almost definitely would have left incriminating things about the Averys out.

If someone is guilty you should be able to convict on the evidence, if you can't then the person is innocent by law.

I don't think anyone disputes that the documentary is set up to help Stephen's case. However, the documentary does expose some startling 'mistakes' made by the police in the case.
Making a Murderer on 13:53 - Jan 18 with 5530 viewsItchySphincter

Making a Murderer on 13:47 - Jan 18 by Aquinas

Yes, the filmmakers were biased. That does not detract from the enjoyment.

Yes, they almost definitely would have left incriminating things about the Averys out.

If someone is guilty you should be able to convict on the evidence, if you can't then the person is innocent by law.

I don't think anyone disputes that the documentary is set up to help Stephen's case. However, the documentary does expose some startling 'mistakes' made by the police in the case.

That ginger lawyer the kid had - obvious he was working for the prosecution from the start, bias or not.

Making a Murderer on 13:59 - Jan 18 with 5523 viewsDarran

Making a Murderer on 13:53 - Jan 18 by ItchySphincter

That ginger lawyer the kid had - obvious he was working for the prosecution from the start, bias or not.

Len Kachinsky.

Making a Murderer on 14:46 - Jan 18 with 5509 viewsBLAZE

Making a Murderer on 13:59 - Jan 18 by Darran

Len Kachinsky.

Saw this the other day Id rather have the Raider defend me than this tosser actually

Noticed yesterday his ex-Jodi has come out claiming the was abusive etc. Dunno if I trust her though to be honest, probably coaxed with a couple of bottles of moonshine
Making a Murderer on 15:06 - Jan 18 with 5494 viewsBLAZE

For what it's worth (absolutely nothing) I don't think Steven or Brendon are guilty. I reckon Sgt. Colburn came across the car somewhere remote (when he radioed in her plate number as if he was looking at her car) with her body in the boot (why would Steven need to place her in the boot if she was killed in his trailer and then burnt just outside of it?) and knowing Steven was the last person to see her alive, presumed he was the killer and set about stitching him up - much like they had done previously. I think they genuinely believed he'd done it and were just looking to make it stick..... The fact he held a multi million dollar lawsuit over their heads probably helped make up their mind too.

Meanwhile, the real killer could be a few people. Either her ex and/or her house mate who 'guessed' her voicemail pin number to access her phone records after she went missing.... The same voicemail that mysteriously had a couple of messages deleted off it two days after she was supposedly killed. It was claimed she was having repeated nuissance calls, so maybe the messages were relating to that and revealed the real killer

Or my other hunch could be Brendons step dad and brother, who seemed to have it in for Steven. They were strangely pleased to see Brendon found guilty too. They were both known to be nearby 'hunting' at the same time she vanished, while the only people able to vouch for their alibies are eachother

With regards the evidence which was / wasn't shown in the documentary, Stevens old attorney Dean Strang says that given the time constraints of the show, the documentary was a fair reflection and although some evidence was left out it was both for and against Steven, so no real bias. He's no longer involved in the appeals etc. so I don't think he has any reason to defend the documentary
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024