Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Complacency 15:06 - Jan 10 with 1100 viewsdobjack2

on the footballing front and off the pitch has I think led us to this point. Preseason there was a worrying mindset of "we are an established premier club" off the pitch cwith some players and supporters leading to a loss of focus. In truth like most teams in this division we are one bad season from relegation.

Result : instead of bringing in more experience in the coaching set up, ensuring we recruited hungry players who will challenge for first team spots and not be back ups and improving the commercial side, we basked in the self congratulation of a jack to a King, shareholder bonuses and a top ten finish the season before.

A player talking about champions league spots after a couple of games worried me about our mindset - as in don't get carried away thinking everyone is going to lie down and let us play them off the park- and forgetting that the reason we are in this division is hard work on and off the pitch. Teams like Leicester, Bournemouth and Watford work hard as we once did.

Today's performance showed how lacking our squad really is.

I hope that we sign a few players, on loan will do if they are the right players, who will help Curt lift the club to survive the season. If we can do that then post season should be a time to reflect on where we went wrong, not to repeat those mistakes and regain the focus that got us to the premiership in the first place.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024