Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalty today 16:57 - Jan 10 with 1729 viewsAndyNak

Bartley was nowhere near the striker who went down like a sack of you know what.

Just saying

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Penalty today on 16:59 - Jan 10 with 1717 viewsJonTheJack

No there was no contact.

Problem is, He went flying in like a total knob, and from where the ref was looking its a stone wall penalty.
Penalty today on 17:01 - Jan 10 with 1708 viewsAndyNak

He was a good yard away from the striker when he dived.

Was the Grimes one - the one he got booked for - actually a dive? I haven't seen a replay of that

Penalty today on 17:01 - Jan 10 with 1693 viewsJonTheJack

Grimes went down easy, but the initial contact made it a stone wall foul.
Penalty today on 17:03 - Jan 10 with 1667 viewsAndyNak

Good old Kevin Friend, always a fan of ours. That said we should have beaten Oxford anyway but I'm genuinely not bothered about being out of the cup this season.

If we lose to Sunderland on Wednesday that will be a different matter

Penalty today on 17:07 - Jan 10 with 1645 viewsunion_jack

Penalty today on 17:01 - Jan 10 by JonTheJack

Grimes went down easy, but the initial contact made it a stone wall foul.

Yes, this.

Plus what about the push in Cork in the box that led to their third goal? Would have to have been given as a penalty though so never going to happen. Probably different outside of the area though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Penalty today on 17:08 - Jan 10 with 1626 viewsAndyNak

Penalty today on 17:07 - Jan 10 by union_jack

Yes, this.

Plus what about the push in Cork in the box that led to their third goal? Would have to have been given as a penalty though so never going to happen. Probably different outside of the area though.

Kevin Friend favoured Oxford today, absolutely no doubt about that

Penalty today on 17:12 - Jan 10 with 1610 viewsJJJack

IMO...
Grimes - did not dive - you can clearly see he gets caught.

Oxford penalty - got to be a pen as the player had to jump over him to avoid him. If he didn't do so, Bartley clatters him so either way it's a clear pen.

Oxford 3rd goal - Clear push on Cork - should have been a penalty and therefore probably 2-2 instead of 3-1 seconds later.

Shelvey - should have been red-carded - no attempt to win the ball - clearly trying to hurt their player. Really nasty challenge
Penalty today on 17:13 - Jan 10 with 1581 viewsKGriz16

Bartley went in for a sliding tackle in the box, why didn't he just stand his man? I'm not a professional by any means but I would know to stay on my feet in that situation. I can't believe he was capt today either!

Bartley's post match interview as well stated that Oxford starting the better, considering we went 1-0 up seems strange.
Login to get fewer ads

Penalty today on 17:16 - Jan 10 with 1555 viewsAndyNak

Penalty today on 17:12 - Jan 10 by JJJack

IMO...
Grimes - did not dive - you can clearly see he gets caught.

Oxford penalty - got to be a pen as the player had to jump over him to avoid him. If he didn't do so, Bartley clatters him so either way it's a clear pen.

Oxford 3rd goal - Clear push on Cork - should have been a penalty and therefore probably 2-2 instead of 3-1 seconds later.

Shelvey - should have been red-carded - no attempt to win the ball - clearly trying to hurt their player. Really nasty challenge

Agree on the Cork push. Didn't see the Shelvey challenge properly but the reaction from Oxford players suggested it was a nasty one and I was half expecting to see a red card pulled out.

Regarding Bartley forcing the player to have to jump? That doesn't make it a penalty. Not that any of this makes any difference but still

Penalty today on 17:17 - Jan 10 with 1539 viewsDafyddHuw

Penalty today on 16:59 - Jan 10 by JonTheJack

No there was no contact.

Problem is, He went flying in like a total knob, and from where the ref was looking its a stone wall penalty.

This.
Penalty today on 17:18 - Jan 10 with 1511 viewsAndyNak

Penalty today on 17:17 - Jan 10 by DafyddHuw

This.

Don't disagree it was a strange way to fly in and pretty amateurish but fact is it wasn't a penalty

Penalty today on 17:19 - Jan 10 with 1500 viewsAndyNak

Penalty today on 17:18 - Jan 10 by AndyNak

Don't disagree it was a strange way to fly in and pretty amateurish but fact is it wasn't a penalty

Let me correct that... Fact is it was a penalty but should never have been given

Penalty today on 17:21 - Jan 10 with 1482 viewsDafyddHuw

If you go into a tackle such that the opponent has to jump into the air to avoid you, then that's a pen, contact or not.
Penalty today on 17:22 - Jan 10 with 1470 viewsAndyNak

Penalty today on 17:21 - Jan 10 by DafyddHuw

If you go into a tackle such that the opponent has to jump into the air to avoid you, then that's a pen, contact or not.

Really? That's news to me

Penalty today on 17:23 - Jan 10 with 1469 viewsA_Fans_Dad

These are exactly the Game Changing decisions that they are talking about using Video Tech for.
Penalty today on 17:30 - Jan 10 with 1428 viewsQuakerJack

Last few seasons weve been robbes blind by refs and our performances have deserved better...

But I'm not going to criticise Friend today and allow his performance to mask the ineptitude of our gutless players

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Penalty today on 17:38 - Jan 10 with 1378 viewsMatlock_Jack

Penalty today on 16:59 - Jan 10 by JonTheJack

No there was no contact.

Wrong I'm afraid.

There was no contact wit the feet (although he did go flying in).

He then put his arm across the Oxford player and definitely made contact, maybe not much, but that and the challenge combined was sufficient in the referee's estimation for a spot-kick; watch it again and it looks harsh until you see the use of the arm; definitely impeded.
Penalty today on 17:43 - Jan 10 with 1329 viewsLoyal

Penalty today on 17:21 - Jan 10 by DafyddHuw

Where's that written down ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Penalty today on 17:47 - Jan 10 with 1307 viewsAndyNak

Penalty today on 17:43 - Jan 10 by Loyal

Where's that written down ?

It's not.

Theres a rule about excessive force but that's lunging at a player, Bartley was goi g for a block and made no contact, not even close.

Doesn't excuse the performance but still stands that it was never a penalty.

Talking of penalties, dyer just given one away against Spurs for a dodgy handball to make it 2-2

Penalty today on 17:52 - Jan 10 with 1274 viewsLoyal

Penalty today on 17:47 - Jan 10 by AndyNak

It's not.

Theres a rule about excessive force but that's lunging at a player, Bartley was goi g for a block and made no contact, not even close.

Doesn't excuse the performance but still stands that it was never a penalty.

Talking of penalties, dyer just given one away against Spurs for a dodgy handball to make it 2-2

So with that and the foul v Cork for their third it goes to show how close these things are.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Penalty today on 17:55 - Jan 10 with 1250 viewsAndyNak

Penalty today on 17:52 - Jan 10 by Loyal

So with that and the foul v Cork for their third it goes to show how close these things are.

Definitely. We've had quite a few in the league this year too. At the time I've thought "ah well... That's annoying". Now I'm starting to think they may end up costing us our position in the Top
Flight.

Penalty today on 18:12 - Jan 10 with 1185 viewswhiterock

Penalty today on 17:52 - Jan 10 by Loyal

So what u saying, we could have forced a draw? Thankful for small mercies
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024