Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup 18:37 - Jan 11 with 6346 viewsperplex

Looks like he was a very good manager for us, he brought in some very good signings and we were doing ok even with the burden of the uefa cup to contend with, since he has gone just look at the rubbish that has been brought in, and that 8th place we managed just seemed to just paper over the mess Monk was slowly getting us into, and now we have to hope a guy who has not really managed before can get us out of trouble.
Laudrup on 18:39 - Jan 11 with 4926 viewsmacthejack

Aye he was good but let's not pretend that he didn't have to go after that West Ham game, just like we can't pretend Monk's first 12 or so months in charge weren't very good either.
Laudrup on 18:40 - Jan 11 with 4907 viewsDarran

F*ck him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup on 18:43 - Jan 11 with 4871 viewsdickythorpe

Early contender for WUM of the year.
Laudrup on 18:57 - Jan 11 with 4781 viewsperchrockjack

Just when we need to move forward we move back.
Is this a Welsh thing

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrup on 19:23 - Jan 11 with 4678 viewsjojaca

Laudrup on 18:57 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Is this a Welsh thing

Yes, we still drool over the seventies Welsh rugby team. Monk and Laudrup deserved the chop.

Even when you know, you never know?

Laudrup on 19:24 - Jan 11 with 4658 viewsJackfath

Is this a Welsh thing

Tracy Ullman is back in the Beeb tonight.

Not just a Welsh thing.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Laudrup on 19:25 - Jan 11 with 4652 viewsdobjack2

And he bought in some not so good players and if I remember correctly players that he shared an agent with.
Laudrup on 19:28 - Jan 11 with 4622 viewsStarsky

So... The OP... Is it Spratty?

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup on 19:29 - Jan 11 with 4606 viewsexiledclaseboy

Laudrup on 19:28 - Jan 11 by Starsky

So... The OP... Is it Spratty?

Too short and not enough pointless exposition.

Poll: Tory leader

Laudrup on 19:34 - Jan 11 with 4555 viewsStarsky

Laudrup on 19:29 - Jan 11 by exiledclaseboy

Too short and not enough pointless exposition.

True

Is Perch Carl Curtis then

Laudrup on 19:40 - Jan 11 with 4507 viewsperchrockjack

Let's have some punctuation.

I deserve at least that as I seem to keep you going.

It's like hansel and greets.

That ended badly too.

Laudrup on 19:41 - Jan 11 with 4495 viewsStarsky

Laudrup on 19:40 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Let's have some punctuation.

I deserve at least that as I seem to keep you going.

It's like hansel and greets.

That ended badly too.

"And greets"

This is why I can't resist replying.

Lmao

Laudrup on 19:45 - Jan 11 with 4462 viewsperchrockjack

Straight question .

Where is this humour Darren the great mentions in dispatches.

Glad to have introduced some levity in this exchange as jackasses was becoming a Kung.

You re not.

Darran is like reg Presley.

Laudrup on 19:49 - Jan 11 with 4433 viewsStarsky

Laudrup on 19:45 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Straight question .

Where is this humour Darren the great mentions in dispatches.

Glad to have introduced some levity in this exchange as jackasses was becoming a Kung.

You re not.

Darran is like reg Presley.

All I observed was ... He made a joke about Liverpool and you jumped down his throat.

And staying on topic. Like most of our recent managers, Laudrup was great in his first season. My favourite ever season.

Laudrup on 19:51 - Jan 11 with 4416 viewsperchrockjack

Joke about Liverpool.
Where?

You can discount Darren. Really we all should.

Were you the guy whom really loved Great Dane.

Being senile, I forget things.

Laudrup on 19:52 - Jan 11 with 4407 viewsStarsky

Laudrup on 19:51 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Joke about Liverpool.
Where?

You can discount Darren. Really we all should.

Were you the guy whom really loved Great Dane.

Being senile, I forget things.

No mun.... That was Spratty

Laudrup on 19:53 - Jan 11 with 4394 viewsDarran

Laudrup on 19:49 - Jan 11 by Starsky

All I observed was ... He made a joke about Liverpool and you jumped down his throat.

And staying on topic. Like most of our recent managers, Laudrup was great in his first season. My favourite ever season.

That's true though,I've been a good friend to Richard then one day I mentioned hub caps and he went mental.
If that's enough to lose a friendship it's his loss.

Laudrup on 19:54 - Jan 11 with 4378 viewsperchrockjack

Thought so, but what were you in a previous username.

We ve had some very unpleasant ones changing their usernames.

I looked for jokes about Swansea or Wales but found nothing amusing at all

Laudrup on 19:58 - Jan 11 with 4347 viewsBloodyhills

Is this a Welsh thing

England is built on Nostalgia isn't it?

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Laudrup on 20:13 - Jan 11 with 4260 viewsLandore_Jack

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/18/michael-laudrup-sacking-swansea-

"I had to wait nine days for a letter that said a lot of very silly things, which I can't reveal. I was just blocked and then, of course, Michael is not talking so people think what they want. More rumours and more rumours go on."

Laudrup said he was sacked owing to "breach of contract" and, when asked if he could understand the reasons given, added: "I don't know if I have to use 'silly', other words or 'incredible'. I can't go into details."

However, despite legal proceedings continuing, Laudrup did elaborate. He confirmed the powers that be at Swansea raised questions over the coaching structure in mid-January, before sending him another message after the defeat by West Ham.

Laudrup met Huw Jenkins, the chairman, the following Tuesday and thought an agreement had been struck, only for the situation to turn on its head. "We ended up saying we have to stay together, we shook hands and he says: 'Thank you very much because you want to help the club,'" the Dane said. "Later that afternoon, while I'm talking on the phone, I receive a mail where it says that due to breach of contract, with immediate effect, my deal is terminated. It was just a few hours after we shook hands and, of course, I'm very confused.

"I called and I said, 'What is going on?' after we shook hands and everything, but he said, 'Yeah, after thinking' — it was a little difficult to hear what was said. I said, 'by the way, What does breach mean?' and he couldn't explain that. He didn't really know. While I'm on the phone, my wife is saying that things are already on the internet, that I've been dismissed."

#backtojack

Laudrup on 20:23 - Jan 11 with 4183 viewsNeath_Jack

I haven't read this thread, just the OP. It has to be said it's not just the OP that spouts this crap mind, some of the forums heavyweights have this blindspot as well.

If a manager you liked is in charge when players are signed who go on to be a success, then said manager signed them. Therefore he is an even bigger hero.
If a manager you liked is in charge when players are signed who go on to be absolute dogshite, then they were Huw's signings and he is killing the club.
If a manager that you are not fond of is in charge when players are signed, who then go on to be absolute dogshite, then said manager signed them. Then it's used as another stick to beat the rubbish manager with.

Then we go into the realms of Belfy and his ramblings.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Laudrup on 20:24 - Jan 11 with 4174 viewsDarran

Laudrup on 20:23 - Jan 11 by Neath_Jack

I haven't read this thread, just the OP. It has to be said it's not just the OP that spouts this crap mind, some of the forums heavyweights have this blindspot as well.

If a manager you liked is in charge when players are signed who go on to be a success, then said manager signed them. Therefore he is an even bigger hero.
If a manager you liked is in charge when players are signed who go on to be absolute dogshite, then they were Huw's signings and he is killing the club.
If a manager that you are not fond of is in charge when players are signed, who then go on to be absolute dogshite, then said manager signed them. Then it's used as another stick to beat the rubbish manager with.

Aw don't be nasty to Warwick mun.

Laudrup on 20:26 - Jan 11 with 4155 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup on 20:13 - Jan 11 by Landore_Jack

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/18/michael-laudrup-sacking-swansea-

"I had to wait nine days for a letter that said a lot of very silly things, which I can't reveal. I was just blocked and then, of course, Michael is not talking so people think what they want. More rumours and more rumours go on."

Laudrup said he was sacked owing to "breach of contract" and, when asked if he could understand the reasons given, added: "I don't know if I have to use 'silly', other words or 'incredible'. I can't go into details."

However, despite legal proceedings continuing, Laudrup did elaborate. He confirmed the powers that be at Swansea raised questions over the coaching structure in mid-January, before sending him another message after the defeat by West Ham.

Laudrup met Huw Jenkins, the chairman, the following Tuesday and thought an agreement had been struck, only for the situation to turn on its head. "We ended up saying we have to stay together, we shook hands and he says: 'Thank you very much because you want to help the club,'" the Dane said. "Later that afternoon, while I'm talking on the phone, I receive a mail where it says that due to breach of contract, with immediate effect, my deal is terminated. It was just a few hours after we shook hands and, of course, I'm very confused.

"I called and I said, 'What is going on?' after we shook hands and everything, but he said, 'Yeah, after thinking' — it was a little difficult to hear what was said. I said, 'by the way, What does breach mean?' and he couldn't explain that. He didn't really know. While I'm on the phone, my wife is saying that things are already on the internet, that I've been dismissed."

Not the finest hour in SCFC's history for sure. Rather a shoddy way to treat one of the game's all time greats.....................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup on 20:26 - Jan 11 with 4155 viewsVetchitBack

Laudrup on 20:23 - Jan 11 by Neath_Jack

Good post

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Laudrup on 20:31 - Jan 11 with 4123 viewsLandore_Jack

Totally agree.

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024