Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does the trust... 10:49 - Jan 13 with 1885 viewscostalotta

need something new? For example...

Fresh ideas
Real leadership & direction
Proper 'fan' representation on the board
A part in taking the club forward rather than inhibiting that process
Basically an overhaul in terms of its representation of fans

That's all I am saying is it does seem to have got a bit stale. I used to be a member and i'm thinking of joining again but what concerns me is are those who seem to be continually elected becoming too comfortable? And a little clicky?

Discuss?

Does the trust... on 11:05 - Jan 13 with 1315 viewstomdickharry

There is always the opportunity of attending the AGM and put forward ideas you may have.
Does the trust... on 11:07 - Jan 13 with 1308 viewsSwaneeRiver

The main problem is that 99% of us (myself included) are prepared to support the Trust and those who represent us whilst being unwilling to get off ours butts and attend endless meetings on miserable winter nights, organise fund raising and everything else that the Trust representatives do.
The elections are open and accessible, although it must be hard for a "newcomer" (e.g. me or any other new prospective Trust Board member ) to get themselves elected over an established representative
Does the trust... on 11:07 - Jan 13 with 1304 viewsDafyddHuw

Huw Cooze just rubber-stamps whatever the rest of the board say.
He's no rottweiler, more of a poodle.
Does the trust... on 11:11 - Jan 13 with 1283 viewsdobjack2

Does the trust... on 11:07 - Jan 13 by DafyddHuw

Huw Cooze just rubber-stamps whatever the rest of the board say.
He's no rottweiler, more of a poodle.

A bit harsh as he can simply be outvoted
Does the trust... on 11:16 - Jan 13 with 1268 viewscostalotta

Does the trust... on 11:05 - Jan 13 by tomdickharry

There is always the opportunity of attending the AGM and put forward ideas you may have.

Yes I know that.

Thing is, like a lot of people in Swansea; Change is not embraced but rejected, and usually by those who are thinking about what THEY might lose as opposed to what might be IMPROVED.

By the way, this is not a personal attack.

I think as a club we are at the cross roads as it were and to put ideas forward one would need support but IMO here is the problem, if the Trust board has been become too comfortable how does one get it to shift or even adopt the change that is needed., if one cannot see that holding onto a position is in fact inhibiting that change. Hope that makes sense.

I think the Trust Board, Supporters Directer Rep and Chairmans position should change every couple of years. TO keep it fresh, up to date, relevant and so that there is a culture What can I do to improve things in the Trust and at the club etc. One ideas.... More transparency, perhaps.
Does the trust... on 11:21 - Jan 13 with 1247 viewsSwaneeRiver

Does the trust... on 11:16 - Jan 13 by costalotta

Yes I know that.

Thing is, like a lot of people in Swansea; Change is not embraced but rejected, and usually by those who are thinking about what THEY might lose as opposed to what might be IMPROVED.

I think as a club we are at the cross roads as it were and to put ideas forward one would need support but IMO here is the problem, if the Trust board has been become too comfortable how does one get it to shift or even adopt the change that is needed., if one cannot see that holding onto a position is in fact inhibiting that change. Hope that makes sense.

I think the Trust Board, Supporters Directer Rep and Chairmans position should change every couple of years. TO keep it fresh, up to date, relevant and so that there is a culture What can I do to improve things in the Trust and at the club etc. One ideas.... More transparency, perhaps.

A change of the constitution rules would be needed I guess.
As you say maybe a 2 or 4 year maximum term would be good - provided there are others as capable who are willing to take up the mantle
Does the trust... on 11:21 - Jan 13 with 1247 viewsDarran

Yes I know that.

It's impossible for it to change unless people come forward every year to join the board,at the last election they all went back in unopposed because none of the Internet mouthpieces would put themselves forward.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does the trust... on 11:24 - Jan 13 with 1234 viewsSwaneeRiver

Does the trust... on 11:21 - Jan 13 by Darran

It's impossible for it to change unless people come forward every year to join the board,at the last election they all went back in unopposed because none of the Internet mouthpieces would put themselves forward.

I thought about putting myself forward Darran, but genuinely thought would people vote for me as opposed to those who are "tried & trusted" ?
Login to get fewer ads

Does the trust... on 11:25 - Jan 13 with 1229 viewscostalotta

Does the trust... on 11:21 - Jan 13 by Darran

I guess there in lies the problem...

"In a democracy you get the government you deserve"

I know what you mean though Darran, Are the elections publicised? Is there an official platform/means for new ideas and for standing in an election? Otherwise it could sound like a bit of a stitch up.

Surely the Trust Board should be encouraging people to stand for election because that in itself would keep them on their toes.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 11:26]
Does the trust... on 11:40 - Jan 13 with 1200 viewsmonmouth

Does the trust... on 11:25 - Jan 13 by costalotta

I know what you mean though Darran, Are the elections publicised? Is there an official platform/means for new ideas and for standing in an election? Otherwise it could sound like a bit of a stitch up.

Surely the Trust Board should be encouraging people to stand for election because that in itself would keep them on their toes.

Phil couldn't have been more encouraging. Result. Zip.

I think the opposite. I think that we are very lucky to have people that will put themselves out that we can genuinely 'Trust'. I for one hope that Phil, or someone of his ilk, is there forever. They played a blinder with the yankw*nk director enrichment and sell-out (in all senses) programme,or have we forgotten already?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Does the trust... on 11:45 - Jan 13 with 1187 viewsDarran

Does the trust... on 11:25 - Jan 13 by costalotta

Well they were certainly publicised enough on here and over on nonce.com.

Does the trust... on 11:46 - Jan 13 with 1181 viewsdobjack2

Does the trust... on 11:24 - Jan 13 by SwaneeRiver

I thought about putting myself forward Darran, but genuinely thought would people vote for me as opposed to those who are "tried & trusted" ?

Only way to find out is to give it a go. depending on the election rules, think about setting out what you would propose to do to freshen things up. For example if it's communication say what you think needs to be changed and how you would change it.

Just a thought.
Does the trust... on 11:46 - Jan 13 with 1181 viewsDewi1jack

There are those of us, who could never guarantee to give the time the position deserves and requires.
Fair play to those who can
Me, I live a 2hr drive away and can only guarantee being home on my 6th day of work. Could never guarantee being home when running continental. Maybe after a month or 3 away.
I would be sending apologies every meeting. That's not fair and IMHO disrespectful to/ on the people serving, the people I would be representing or the position.
So, can't be more than an "Internet mouthpiece."
Maybe the Trust just needs some fresh ideas. Everyone becomes a bit stale when there are no new ideas/ bit of change (but not change just for change's sake- not good for any business.)
Trust could certainly use more members than the 1200 or so at present

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Does the trust... on 11:53 - Jan 13 with 1161 viewscostalotta

Does the trust... on 11:40 - Jan 13 by monmouth

Phil couldn't have been more encouraging. Result. Zip.

I think the opposite. I think that we are very lucky to have people that will put themselves out that we can genuinely 'Trust'. I for one hope that Phil, or someone of his ilk, is there forever. They played a blinder with the yankw*nk director enrichment and sell-out (in all senses) programme,or have we forgotten already?

Okay. Fair enough re the encouraging. A question that springs to mind. If one was to stand... Would the trust board facilitate access to its current members? So that the person wishing to stand could write to, lobby those who will be casting their vote?

And no, I have not forgotten. Don't forget its your opinion about how they played it and that whether the result was to your satisfaction. I am not saying I disagree (or agree) mind.

I cannot comment on Phil as i do not know him personally. However, its not about Phil, my view or yours. The Trust serves the 'will' fans, and I think ALL fans, not just trust members.
Does the trust... on 11:56 - Jan 13 with 1153 viewscostalotta

I just wanted to add.

I think the trust should be about new ideas, forward thinking, implementing initiatives, supporting the club, keeping the club in check, communicating between the fans and the club (a voice for fans if you will).

I am not sure how many of the above it is currently. Seems a little like the planning department at the City & County of Swansea. Quick to say "No".... Not always right. In a comfortable position.
Does the trust... on 12:24 - Jan 13 with 1107 viewsClinton

I see the Trusts role at the club largely as one to represent the fans when there are really major issues.
The lastest was the US investment when they seemed to fight our corner really well.
Like in many walks of life, the day to day stuff is boring and hard work. Well done Board members for doing it.
If the Trust tries to look forward and initiate things, you'd just get in fighting; who's vision do they follow ? This Forum shows there are many different opinions on all things, even Shelvey!
The Trusts strength is that they/we (I am a paid member) stick together and call the SCFC Board to account when really necessary.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Does the trust... on 12:29 - Jan 13 with 1097 viewscostalotta

Does the trust... on 12:24 - Jan 13 by Clinton

I see the Trusts role at the club largely as one to represent the fans when there are really major issues.
The lastest was the US investment when they seemed to fight our corner really well.
Like in many walks of life, the day to day stuff is boring and hard work. Well done Board members for doing it.
If the Trust tries to look forward and initiate things, you'd just get in fighting; who's vision do they follow ? This Forum shows there are many different opinions on all things, even Shelvey!
The Trusts strength is that they/we (I am a paid member) stick together and call the SCFC Board to account when really necessary.

So, if there are no major issues are you saying we don't need a Trust?
Does the trust... on 13:36 - Jan 13 with 1040 viewsDewi1jack

Does the trust... on 12:29 - Jan 13 by costalotta

I think he means in a roundabout sort of way (hate assuming what people think, I'm normally wrong!! )

With the 'day to day' boring stuff maybe they can prevent minor problems becoming major.

The Trust do need to communicate better with their shareholders.
So do many other businesses. And the Trust is a business within a business, which does make certain things they learn "Eyes-Only:" Transfer dealings, business plans, gaining sponsors etc etc and can only be disclosed after the completion.
Selling shares to dodgy Yanks as an example was not in anyway sensitive info, except for the people attempting to jeopardise the clubs well being.
They've seen what can happen when the fans turn on the board members.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Does the trust... on 13:39 - Jan 13 with 1027 viewsLoyal

Yes I know that.

There is a voting process for that to change ffs !
Pull your finger out and do some right and proper campaigning. Get support and start your process for next time.

And as for transparency what things haven't been transparent to you ?
You have to be specific.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Does the trust... on 13:43 - Jan 13 with 1005 viewsDarran

Does the trust... on 13:39 - Jan 13 by Loyal

Pull your finger out and do some right and proper campaigning. Get support and start your process for next time.

You have to be specific.

Absolutely.

Does the trust... on 13:44 - Jan 13 with 1003 viewscostalotta

Does the trust... on 13:36 - Jan 13 by Dewi1jack

I think he means in a roundabout sort of way (hate assuming what people think, I'm normally wrong!! )

With the 'day to day' boring stuff maybe they can prevent minor problems becoming major.

The Trust do need to communicate better with their shareholders.
So do many other businesses. And the Trust is a business within a business, which does make certain things they learn "Eyes-Only:" Transfer dealings, business plans, gaining sponsors etc etc and can only be disclosed after the completion.
Selling shares to dodgy Yanks as an example was not in anyway sensitive info, except for the people attempting to jeopardise the clubs well being.
They've seen what can happen when the fans turn on the board members.

I hear what your saying...

Especially with the "Eyes-Only" point you made.

However, football club are not like other businesses in terms of the customers. We are fans, not customers and usually have some kind of stake in the club, perhaps, emotional etc.

The Trust should be more than what you suggest "day to day" preventing minor problems becoming bigger. They are a shareholder of the club for gods sake, not a compliance department!

This is why I think new/fresh thinking is needed. BE on the front foot, pro active rather than re active to everything. Whilst that has worked in the past (arguably) its not the way forward IMO. YEs we can react, when we need to. But, we must also push, create, `drive things forward.
Does the trust... on 13:48 - Jan 13 with 988 viewscostalotta

Does the trust... on 13:39 - Jan 13 by Loyal

You have to be specific.

Thats been said earlier in the thread!

As for me pulling my finger out. You know nothing about me, what I do or where my f king finger is!

Transparency. You nutter! how could i possibly know what they haven't been transparent about?
Does the trust... on 13:48 - Jan 13 with 983 viewsDarran

Uxbridge got on to the Trust Board a couple of years ago and let's be honest if that tw*t can get on there's hope for others.

Does the trust... on 13:56 - Jan 13 with 972 viewsClinton

Does the trust... on 12:29 - Jan 13 by costalotta

Defintiely not.
The Trust needs to be there for when issues get serious gives the fans a proper voice.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Does the trust... on 14:00 - Jan 13 with 964 viewscostalotta

Does the trust... on 13:48 - Jan 13 by Darran

Uxbridge got on to the Trust Board a couple of years ago and let's be honest if that tw*t can get on there's hope for others.

I am not trying to cause unrest here, only to understand and offer alternative viewpoints.

I have i the past been a member of the trust. I joined over 10 years and renewed with the season tickets etc. I am not a member now though as it seemed to me that they were doing nada.

The recent events at our club has made me think about the trust again hence me posting on the topic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024