Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rookie refs 00:12 - Jan 14 with 2733 viewsJackFish

For some reason the premier league thought that giving a hugely important relegation battle to an inexperinced referee was a good idea - he could have refereed the Chelsea or Southampton games tonight if they wanted to give him some experience of the top flight without directly affecting the title race or relegation battle.

For some reason we're always the guinea pigs with these refs and every single time they manage to screw us over - from Attwell letting H&W kick our players off the park to Linnington's complete loss of control in that farcical league cup game against Scunthorpe, Madley doing everything but throw the ball into the net to equalise for Stoke and now this set of officials that have managed to get just about every single decision wrong.

Is it because we're seen as an easy team to ref because we're (generally) not interested in deliberately fouling the other team? Because they know the ref's not going to be surrounded by all our players whenever he makes a controversial decision? Whatever the reason I'm completely fed up of them ruining our matches.
Rookie refs on 00:14 - Jan 14 with 2720 viewsLeonisGod

Tbf, he shouldn't have been the ref. he was down as 4th official and it's rare for one of them to stand in at the last minute.

So it's no conspiracy.
Rookie refs on 00:18 - Jan 14 with 2691 viewsJackFish

Rookie refs on 00:14 - Jan 14 by LeonisGod

Tbf, he shouldn't have been the ref. he was down as 4th official and it's rare for one of them to stand in at the last minute.

So it's no conspiracy.

I'm not suggesting there's a conspiracy, just that we get more than our fair share of rookies who've never or hardly ever refereed at this level before, and I'm wondering if it's because we're seen as an easy team to ref.
Rookie refs on 00:20 - Jan 14 with 2671 viewsraynor94

Rookie refs on 00:18 - Jan 14 by JackFish

I'm not suggesting there's a conspiracy, just that we get more than our fair share of rookies who've never or hardly ever refereed at this level before, and I'm wondering if it's because we're seen as an easy team to ref.

But we wouldn't have had a rookie, if the original ref hadn't cried off

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rookie refs on 00:21 - Jan 14 with 2669 viewsJackFish

Also liked that we played "I fought the law and the law won" after the game. Appropriate.
Rookie refs on 00:23 - Jan 14 with 2647 viewsNeathJack

Rookie refs on 00:20 - Jan 14 by raynor94

But we wouldn't have had a rookie, if the original ref hadn't cried off

Surely though for such an important game, there should have been the contingency of the 4th offical being experienced rather than this clown in case of such an event.

I'm sure many of the other PL games tonight had 4th officials who would be miles ahead if this idiot?
Rookie refs on 00:26 - Jan 14 with 2624 viewsAngelRangelQS

The linesmen were just as bad.

This would never have happened under the lovely Sian
Rookie refs on 00:27 - Jan 14 with 2615 viewsMrSwerve

Rookie refs on 00:23 - Jan 14 by NeathJack

Surely though for such an important game, there should have been the contingency of the 4th offical being experienced rather than this clown in case of such an event.

I'm sure many of the other PL games tonight had 4th officials who would be miles ahead if this idiot?

It's not an important game to the FA though.

If it were two of the top teams though...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Rookie refs on 00:34 - Jan 14 with 2577 viewsMatlock_Jack

Rookie refs on 00:18 - Jan 14 by JackFish

I watch an awful lot of football at Step 7 and you get issues over refereeing performances with the fans in that league too, it isn't just the PL.

I don't know how we address it really, that's the problem.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 0:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Rookie refs on 08:41 - Jan 14 with 2330 viewsjackal

Rookie refs on 00:26 - Jan 14 by AngelRangelQS

The linesmen were just as bad.

This would never have happened under the lovely Sian

Plymouth fan Malarkey screws us again.

Why is there a refereeing adjudicator at every game? No matter how appallingly bad the ref is there is never any comeback.

As said before, if any worker performed so badly they would be sacked.
Rookie refs on 08:44 - Jan 14 with 2313 viewsswan65split

Rookie refs on 08:41 - Jan 14 by jackal

Plymouth fan Malarkey screws us again.

Why is there a refereeing adjudicator at every game? No matter how appallingly bad the ref is there is never any comeback.

As said before, if any worker performed so badly they would be sacked.

Trouser leg turned up brigade thats why
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 8:48]
Rookie refs on 08:45 - Jan 14 with 2307 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Rookie refs on 00:21 - Jan 14 by JackFish

Also liked that we played "I fought the law and the law won" after the game. Appropriate.

Didn't hear that - nice touch

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024