Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium atmosphere 23:17 - Jan 14 with 3964 viewsRevJames

I'll throw this out there as an idea to try and generate a bouncing atmosphere at the Liberty for the rest of the season.

We've all probably seen and heard the 'Barry Hornes' brass band at Wales International games ( and the great job they do in keeping the singing and chanting going.

Is there a similar band in the Swansea area or could supporters form one? Get them in, give them free tickets! Would it work or get on everyone's nerves?

Personally just like the Basque bands who follow French rugby, I think they're great and alongside our East Stand drummer could radically improve on the tense, nervy atmosphere that currently exists at home games.
Stadium atmosphere on 23:40 - Jan 14 with 3889 viewsskacrazy

Please no! Up there with Vuvuzelas (not sure of spelling) for me.

I would suggest free alcohol and opening up the whole ground for a massive conga. Let's all have a disco, let's all have a disco na na na na!

I think it's time for bed now :-)
Stadium atmosphere on 23:51 - Jan 14 with 3842 viewsmysonsarejacks

Stadium atmosphere on 23:40 - Jan 14 by skacrazy

Please no! Up there with Vuvuzelas (not sure of spelling) for me.

I would suggest free alcohol and opening up the whole ground for a massive conga. Let's all have a disco, let's all have a disco na na na na!

I think it's time for bed now :-)

I think fan banners as seen last week could help (sorry for any bad memories)

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Stadium atmosphere on 09:11 - Jan 15 with 3669 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Stop playing recorded Hymns and Arias before the game would help. Totally cringe worthy that we feel the need to do it and creates a false atmosphere.

Also stop playing that God awful drum beat before second half. Its not in tune to any chant and sounds like a 4 year old hitting a drum, ffs.
Stadium atmosphere on 09:27 - Jan 15 with 3627 viewssherpajacob

Stadium atmosphere on 09:11 - Jan 15 by Vetchfieldpasty

Stop playing recorded Hymns and Arias before the game would help. Totally cringe worthy that we feel the need to do it and creates a false atmosphere.

Also stop playing that God awful drum beat before second half. Its not in tune to any chant and sounds like a 4 year old hitting a drum, ffs.

completely agree. it gets switched off at kick off so the ground gets quieter for the first few minutes when jt should be getting noisier.

i cant help thinking this is a factor in all the early goals weve conceded this season.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Stadium atmosphere on 09:42 - Jan 15 with 3586 viewsllloyd

Its a good idea but the Barry horns have a podium behind the canton stand in the Cardiff stadium and everyone in the canton stand which helps produce a good atmosphere at wales games. When Wales played Belgium at home there were Welsh flags everywhere and fans were in 30 minutes before kick off. Thats just an example but it would help if the liberty had flags hung up everywhere to make it look like home when the players come out against Watford. Need the whole stadium behind the players on Monday not just the East/North corner.
Stadium atmosphere on 09:44 - Jan 15 with 3577 viewspremierjack

Don't you think the drum has helped the atmosphere in any way?

Would you prefer no drum?
Stadium atmosphere on 09:45 - Jan 15 with 3575 viewsjojaca

Stadium atmosphere on 09:27 - Jan 15 by sherpajacob

completely agree. it gets switched off at kick off so the ground gets quieter for the first few minutes when jt should be getting noisier.

i cant help thinking this is a factor in all the early goals weve conceded this season.

Our playlist seems to have decreased dramatically, only hear about 3 songs a game of late.

Even when you know, you never know?

Stadium atmosphere on 10:00 - Jan 15 with 3540 viewsllloyd

Your right, playing a recording of Hymns and arias before kick off is absolutely dreadful. Think the drum has helped the atmosphere a lot but we rely on the drum too much. Song choice before the game is dreadful too. The pre match songs should be daydream believers, Swansea city song and men of harlech.
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium atmosphere on 10:04 - Jan 15 with 3520 viewsMrSwerve

I think just in general at football grounds, fans should be allowed to take 1 pint maximum to their seats. Would certainly make it a bit noisier, and it means that the stands wouldn't be half empty on the 40min mark too.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Stadium atmosphere on 10:18 - Jan 15 with 3461 viewsTrundle10

Start playing good football?
Stadium atmosphere on 10:30 - Jan 15 with 3431 viewsDewi1jack

On one of the Spanish pre-season tours (think when we played Sabadell or played that sort of area. Espanyol maybe????) we had a bag piper.
Now I fuggin hate bagpipes ever since I was Royal Air Force and a Yank was learning to play them (think 0500, outside your window, someone trying to play a strangled cat!!!!) but playing the Swansea song, it sounded really good.

Vuvuzelas? I'd shove them straight down someone's throat. And ban the b'stard for life
Brass band? Stick them over the Saga stand maybe. Or with the rugrats (not that there's many kiddies there by all accounts.) Annoy those lot and see if they can join in the singing now and again.
We know they can. Forest/ Leeds etc

Anything that could get the whole stadium bouncing, even those happy clapper thingies that made a noise , is worth a go.
We're in a dogfight.
Be loud. be proud and sing your fuggin hearts out for the lads.
A wall of noise is a very intimidating atmosphere to be facing.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024