Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doumbia or bony 16:24 - Jan 16 with 6505 viewspremierjack

Curtis asked Jenkins when we were having doumbia and his reply was "you can have him when ever you want" BUT. They are waiting for Bony because they believe there is a genuine chance of getting him back.
Doumbia or bony on 16:27 - Jan 16 with 4952 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He should be able to have both.
Bony is almost paid for by what they owe us.
Bloody CHEAPSKATES.
Doumbia or bony on 16:28 - Jan 16 with 4901 viewsjack247

Was concerned about this yesterday. It's a hell of a gamble to take. They may well hit the jackpot if we can get Bony back, but holding off on Doumbia could easily bite us on the arse.
Doumbia or bony on 16:29 - Jan 16 with 4884 viewsThornburyswan

Suspect though we can't have him until Citeh get a replacement striker, how long can we wait??
Doumbia or bony on 16:30 - Jan 16 with 4867 viewsnyc_swans

i love wilf, i really do, but tbh im not sure he's what is needed. he's not too dissimilar to gomis, he needs lot of decent service.

from what i read about doumbia, he has speed, he takes on defenders, can play out wide...

to me that sounds more helpful given the current state.
Doumbia or bony on 16:32 - Jan 16 with 4798 viewsIAN05

The Doumbia part is definitely not true. Nothing to do with if Curt wants him he can't come without a work permit.
Doumbia or bony on 16:32 - Jan 16 with 4792 viewsunion_jack

Doumbia or bony on 16:30 - Jan 16 by nyc_swans

i love wilf, i really do, but tbh im not sure he's what is needed. he's not too dissimilar to gomis, he needs lot of decent service.

from what i read about doumbia, he has speed, he takes on defenders, can play out wide...

My thoughts exactly. Not sure Bony would be as good second time around.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Doumbia or bony on 16:34 - Jan 16 with 4766 viewsjruss1

Bony is exactly what we need. Payed our best football in the last 2 seaons with him and Gylfi on the same pitch. Bony is nothing like Gomis.

But can't see it.
Doumbia or bony on 16:34 - Jan 16 with 4762 viewsjojaca

I think all this talk is a lot of c***.

Even when you know, you never know?

Login to get fewer ads

Doumbia or bony on 16:35 - Jan 16 with 4734 viewspremierjack

Doumbia or bony on 16:32 - Jan 16 by IAN05

The Doumbia part is definitely not true. Nothing to do with if Curt wants him he can't come without a work permit.

It is 100% true. It is also true that Jenkins made his points to Curtis very clear about his subs recently.
Doumbia or bony on 16:39 - Jan 16 with 4652 viewsHugeEnkins

Doumbia or bony on 16:27 - Jan 16 by A_Fans_Dad

He should be able to have both.
Bony is almost paid for by what they owe us.
Bloody CHEAPSKATES.

Out of curiosity, how.long have you been supporting the swans?
Doumbia or bony on 16:39 - Jan 16 with 4642 viewsPozuelosSideys

Another thread of absolute sh1t.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Doumbia or bony on 16:40 - Jan 16 with 4625 viewsdobjack2

Doumbia may well have work permit issues - retired from international football in 2014. Though he returned in 2015 he doesn't look to have played in enough competitive internationally over the last two years
Doumbia or bony on 16:41 - Jan 16 with 4592 viewsmax936

The pedestrian way we play at the moment we'll probably be better off with Bony, Doumbia will probably get caught offside all the time expecting the ball only to find that we're still passing it around on the back 4

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Doumbia or bony on 16:42 - Jan 16 with 4568 viewsjack247

He is nothing like Gomis.

He does need service, but all he really needs is a ball to his feet or chest, back to goal in the final third. He will create chances for himself and others from there. It is much easier to do that than provide the kind of service Gomis needs.
Doumbia or bony on 16:43 - Jan 16 with 4555 viewslondonlisa2001

Doumbia or bony on 16:40 - Jan 16 by dobjack2

Doumbia may well have work permit issues - retired from international football in 2014. Though he returned in 2015 he doesn't look to have played in enough competitive internationally over the last two years

I think the rule is 75% of matches for which you were available?

If you have 'retired' I don't know whether that counts as available or not?
Doumbia or bony on 16:47 - Jan 16 with 4469 viewsIAN05

Doumbia or bony on 16:35 - Jan 16 by premierjack

It is 100% true. It is also true that Jenkins made his points to Curtis very clear about his subs recently.

Jenkins is in no position to say he could have him when he wanted as will struggle to get a permit. Whether the Bony part is true I'm not sure - would be great if was
Doumbia or bony on 16:48 - Jan 16 with 4458 viewsBorojack

Doumbia or bony on 16:32 - Jan 16 by union_jack

My thoughts exactly. Not sure Bony would be as good second time around.

I can see Bony going to Leicester and Vardy the other way.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Doumbia or bony on 16:49 - Jan 16 with 4416 viewsmax936

Well in fairness he should keep his nose out of the football side of things and not undermine Curt, he's asked him to take the helm so he's got to support him, even though he may be right.

He's right on the Leon substitution by the way, but my point still stands.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Doumbia or bony on 16:50 - Jan 16 with 4401 viewsicecoldjack

If that is true Jenkins needs to shut his mouth and let the guy he dropped in the sh1t stand or fall on his own decisions.

Fookin' disgraceful from the chairman if true.
Doumbia or bony on 16:50 - Jan 16 with 4391 viewsjack247

Doumbia or bony on 16:48 - Jan 16 by Borojack

I can see Bony going to Leicester and Vardy the other way.

Possibly, but they attack from deep at pace. Not sure he would fit with that.
Doumbia or bony on 16:51 - Jan 16 with 4369 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Doumbia or bony on 16:39 - Jan 16 by HugeEnkins

Out of curiosity, how.long have you been supporting the swans?

I was supporting them in the 70s, but it is my son & grandson supporting them now.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 16:54]
Doumbia or bony on 17:00 - Jan 16 with 4220 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Nah!

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Doumbia or bony on 17:15 - Jan 16 with 3989 viewsThornburyswan

Doumbia or bony on 16:40 - Jan 16 by dobjack2

He hasn't but that can be challenged/appealed & any signing subject to
Doumbia or bony on 17:29 - Jan 16 with 3860 viewsIAN05

Doumbia or bony on 16:43 - Jan 16 by londonlisa2001

I think the rule is 75% of matches for which you were available?

If you have 'retired' I don't know whether that counts as available or not?

The rules state that you have to have played in 75% of available matches in the 2 year period prior to application.

He would struggle to get in in those terms. Only played 3 times in whole of 2014. Yes, he did retire in the summer of that year but that was only because he didn't get in world cup squad. He then came out of retirement 6months later.
Doumbia or bony on 17:35 - Jan 16 with 3784 viewslondonlisa2001

Doumbia or bony on 17:29 - Jan 16 by IAN05

The rules state that you have to have played in 75% of available matches in the 2 year period prior to application.

He would struggle to get in in those terms. Only played 3 times in whole of 2014. Yes, he did retire in the summer of that year but that was only because he didn't get in world cup squad. He then came out of retirement 6months later.

Definitely somewhere says that you have to be available though - otherwise you'd never be able to sign a player who was injured at any point over a two year period. I don't know whether you can make yourself unavailable though?

My understanding, which may well be wrong, is that we have been tracking him for some time. If that is the case, I'm not sure why we would have bothered if he was truly not an option.

Incidentally, the proof of the pudding is in the eating and if, eg. Sunderland sign him, then it will show that the permit business is a load of bull.
My own feeling, is that we may well be holding out to see if we can get Bony on the cheap. If we don't, then it'll be a spectacularly silly decision, but it won't be the first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024