Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timing 15:04 - Jan 17 with 2328 viewsdobjack2

I get the shelvey sale - his heart wasn't in it here for whatever reason: I get selling him to Newcastle if we needed to sell before we get reinforcements in; what I don't get is selling him to Newcastle in plenty of time for him to play yesterday and us not getting someone in before our next game.

Strengthened a rival without strengthening ourselves - seems crazy.
Timing on 15:07 - Jan 17 with 2296 viewsUplandsJack

Can't argue with any of that to be fair....
Timing on 15:08 - Jan 17 with 2276 viewsJACKARSE

Yep should have agreed a deal for last day of the window ...
Timing on 15:10 - Jan 17 with 2262 viewsClinton

Good point, if the transfer completed today he would have had a full week to fall out with the rest of their team before the next match.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Timing on 15:10 - Jan 17 with 2263 viewsdobjack2

Timing on 15:08 - Jan 17 by JACKARSE

Yep should have agreed a deal for last day of the window ...

Not if we had to sell first.

But surely shouldn't have agreed the deal until we had a deal of our own ready to go.
Timing on 15:24 - Jan 17 with 2169 viewsDewi1jack

Timing on 15:10 - Jan 17 by dobjack2

Not if we had to sell first.

But surely shouldn't have agreed the deal until we had a deal of our own ready to go.

The way billybigbollox has been playing recently and with his attitude, sooner rather than later.

"I'm the great Jon Jo Shelvey. The best player you fuggin Welsh have ever had play for you. England's greatest player, the new Gerrard, you can't drop me."

Previous club, the oh so miniscule Liverpool FC

"I'm the great Jon Jo Shelvey. The best player you fuggin Scousers have ever had play for you. England's greatest player, the new Gerrard, you can't drop me."

Cue a few weeks possibly months
"I'm the great Jon Jo Shelvey. The best player you fuggin Geordies have ever had play for you. England's greatest player, the new Gerrard, you can't drop me."

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Timing on 15:31 - Jan 17 with 2129 viewsdobjack2

Timing on 15:24 - Jan 17 by Dewi1jack

The way billybigbollox has been playing recently and with his attitude, sooner rather than later.

"I'm the great Jon Jo Shelvey. The best player you fuggin Welsh have ever had play for you. England's greatest player, the new Gerrard, you can't drop me."

Previous club, the oh so miniscule Liverpool FC

"I'm the great Jon Jo Shelvey. The best player you fuggin Scousers have ever had play for you. England's greatest player, the new Gerrard, you can't drop me."

Cue a few weeks possibly months
"I'm the great Jon Jo Shelvey. The best player you fuggin Geordies have ever had play for you. England's greatest player, the new Gerrard, you can't drop me."

Again understand that if true a reason for him to go.

My point is all about the when: Newcastle wanted him even if they gave us a time ultimatum we could still have played hardball with them.

We rushed to get him out but do not appear to have had a deal in place to bring in a needed player in his place.
Timing on 15:43 - Jan 17 with 2069 viewscostalotta

Timing is the key word here, and I'm not talking just about Shelvey.

Our timing in terms of decision making with everything seems completely at odds with everything that has needing doing and continues to need to be done.

Another key word.... Inaction.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 15:44]
Timing on 15:47 - Jan 17 with 2043 viewsmonmouth

Two key words:

Win. Tomorrow.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Timing on 15:48 - Jan 17 with 2036 viewsdcd14

If Shelvey got sent off yesterday and they lost 3-0, all about hindsight.

Lets worry about ourselves and not everyone else.
Timing on 15:56 - Jan 17 with 2002 viewsPrivate_Partz

Timing on 15:48 - Jan 17 by dcd14

I don't get that. Let's worry about ourselves but don't let's hamstring ourselves by selling a potentially match winning player to our rivals. other than that there has been complete inactivity (other than telling us no one want to manage us and we have to make do with Curt) which will no doubt hasten our departure if we carry on like this.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Timing on 16:03 - Jan 17 with 1952 viewsjasper_T

The board can't win, can they? Fans complain about them not making signings with one breath, then complain about them getting the money in to make those signings with the next.
Timing on 16:04 - Jan 17 with 1935 viewsdobjack2

Timing on 15:48 - Jan 17 by dcd14

Not about hindsight about timing. It would have been the same question if he had been rubbish.

Sell him-ok to Newcastle-ok if needs must but to sell him at a time when he can play for them and not have anyone ready to come into our squad doesn't seem to make sense.
Timing on 16:05 - Jan 17 with 1933 viewsDewi1jack

Timing on 15:31 - Jan 17 by dobjack2

Again understand that if true a reason for him to go.

My point is all about the when: Newcastle wanted him even if they gave us a time ultimatum we could still have played hardball with them.

We rushed to get him out but do not appear to have had a deal in place to bring in a needed player in his place.

I genuinely don't think the board have made the wrong decision this time ( selling Shelvey now.).
Every other decision they've taken since the end of last season is a different matter- Andre seems the only right one on the playing and coaching staff of the 1st team.
Curt is being hung out to dry.
Fine, don't bring in the players we so obviously (and painfully) need.
Bring in some good quality coaches (and not along the lines of KOL and Beattie ffs.) to help Curt out.

I'm worried this job and the pressure that goes with the PL, is going to make Curt ill.
I hope to fuk I'm wrong totally

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Timing on 16:10 - Jan 17 with 1901 viewsdobjack2

Timing on 16:03 - Jan 17 by jasper_T

The board can't win, can they? Fans complain about them not making signings with one breath, then complain about them getting the money in to make those signings with the next.

why sell to a relegation rival in time for him to play for them but not have a deal ready for someone to come in to play for us is the issue. If we have to sell to buy ok but to sell and not have a deal ready ourselves is strange.
Timing on 16:38 - Jan 17 with 1820 viewsGeoffThom

This shelvey deal according to the press and out of maclarens mouth has been running since the summer ,they way I see it is they wanted him in the summer he knew it and wanted to go we blocked it so he worked to rule ,hence him playing like a funt ,it then became a case of get him out his bad attitude and any influence is killing us so he had to go sooner rather than later ,he'll soon upset the Geordies don't worry about that
Timing on 17:12 - Jan 17 with 1760 viewsdobjack2

Timing on 16:38 - Jan 17 by GeoffThom

This shelvey deal according to the press and out of maclarens mouth has been running since the summer ,they way I see it is they wanted him in the summer he knew it and wanted to go we blocked it so he worked to rule ,hence him playing like a funt ,it then became a case of get him out his bad attitude and any influence is killing us so he had to go sooner rather than later ,he'll soon upset the Geordies don't worry about that

It's the first time that I've felt that a player was trying to force a transfer out of our club by not giving his all. If you are correct the Oxford game must have been the final straw behind the scenes.

However if that is the reason for the hasty departure it made us look weak to the football world as we haven't brought anyone into the club. Cue attempts to unsettle another player and others may try to bail out in this window.

On top of the manager fiasco, a current England international leaving without bringing quality players into the squad in his place doesn't make us particularly attractive to players we are looking to bring in. Especially if we are insisting on relegation clause in contracts: Negotiations and buy out clauses will undoubtedly get very complicated and difficult.

We don't know what was going on but I would have been very reluctant to sell him without the money or at least part of it being quickly used to fund signings. The longer we go without quality replacement signings the weaker we look and the less attractive we look to potential signings etc. Etc.

That's why I don't think the timing of the move was right rather than the move itself which looked inevitable. It feels that we made the deal on the player and Newcastle's timetable rather than ours.

There may be reasons why the deal had to be done when it was but, as a fan on the outside who is not ITK, it feels like the timing of the move has not been to our benefit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024