Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darren Brown - Push 15:04 - Jan 20 with 5350 viewslondonlisa2001

Did anyone see this programme?

Question for the police people on here. What is it that stops what the three did from being a prosecutable offence? Why can't they be done for attempted murder? After all, in their minds, they tried to kill someone on camera.
Darren Brown - Push on 15:15 - Jan 20 with 4033 viewsHighjack

Probably because they were actors employed to do the show and none of it was real life. I think that's how the actress who played Lisa fowler got away with shooting Phil Mitchell, although she probably wished she'd got the electric chair once she found herself on the bill and holby city.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Darren Brown - Push on 15:19 - Jan 20 with 4016 viewslondonlisa2001

Darren Brown - Push on 15:15 - Jan 20 by Highjack

Probably because they were actors employed to do the show and none of it was real life. I think that's how the actress who played Lisa fowler got away with shooting Phil Mitchell, although she probably wished she'd got the electric chair once she found herself on the bill and holby city.

The four people weren't actors though (unless the programme was a fake which is possible).

That's the point I'm making. The whole thing was a show, but their actions were real not anything else. They were real people who believed in real life they were actually murdering someone. The fact that they weren't is neither here nor there - it's the intent to kill in law surely not whether or not you actual do kill that makes it attempted murder (obviously, as opposed to murder).

So really, nothing even remotely similar to eastenders!
Darren Brown - Push on 16:10 - Jan 20 with 3946 viewsAyewSerious

Of course they are actors. Same as when Dynamo walks through glass with carefully positioned security guards holding a coat conveniently covering the action, and the surprised faces who are apparently seeing him walk through glass on the other side (not to mention Rio Ferdinand pretending to look on in awe). These shows are fake.
Darren Brown - Push on 16:16 - Jan 20 with 3926 viewslondonlisa2001

Darren Brown - Push on 16:10 - Jan 20 by AyewSerious

Of course they are actors. Same as when Dynamo walks through glass with carefully positioned security guards holding a coat conveniently covering the action, and the surprised faces who are apparently seeing him walk through glass on the other side (not to mention Rio Ferdinand pretending to look on in awe). These shows are fake.

I know Dynamo is fake. Thought the Derek brown one was not supposed to be.

If the whole thing was fake then there's no point to it? It's just a drama series.
Darren Brown - Push on 16:25 - Jan 20 with 3909 viewsAyewSerious

Well it is not supposed to be, as such. But yes, it is essentially just light entertainment. Actors and a very clever and engaging host.

Im not sure if you saw the one where he convinced a woman she was a ghost by hypnotising her into a trance, making a life like "dead body" of her and placing it in a scene of a car crash. She was then placed at the scene and "woken up" to the sight of paramedics giving her CPR unsuccessfuly while she was shouting "hello can you hear me" at the paramedics who were pretending they couldnt hear her.

Some of the actions just dont add up. Any frustrated person trying to make themselves known would go and try to physically touch the paramedics who were apparently unaware of her presence. But of course that woukd ruin the whole thing if she did... So she didnt.

Hes a very good showman, but as you say it is pointless when you think of it.
Darren Brown - Push on 16:35 - Jan 20 with 3882 viewsLoyal

Darren Brown - Push on 15:15 - Jan 20 by Highjack

I think it was real, and want to know where the Eiffel Tower is
please.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Darren Brown - Push on 17:05 - Jan 20 with 3855 viewsHighjack

He's an illusionist. Or magician if you will, and having stooges helping you in your act is literally the oldest trick in the book.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Darren Brown - Push on 22:19 - Jan 20 with 3737 viewsPacemaker

Defence of Impossibility

Some exceptions are also made for "impossible attempts", which are divided into legal impossibility, impossibility through ineptitude and physical impossibility. Cases of legal impossibility occur when the defendant attempts to do something which he believes to be illegal, which is in fact not; this does not constitute a crime.[55] This defence does, however, remain for common law conspiracies.[56] Impossibility through ineptitude is where the defendant attempts to commit a crime with inadequate means, in which case he can be found guilty.[57] However, prosecutors' discretion is likely to be a factor, since some plans — for example murder through a voodoo doll — may be simply too removed from the attempted crime.[58] Physical impossibility covers situations where not only is the action inadequate, but impossible; an example is the attempted murder of (or conspiracy to murder) someone who is, in fact, already dead.[57] Such actions are governed by section 1(2) and 1(3) of the 1981 Act, which provides that they do constitute a crime if the actions, were the facts of the case to be as the defendant believed them to be, would have led to a valid attempt; as Herring states, "if the defendant believes he is dealing in illegal drugs he can be convicted of an attempted drug-dealing offence, even if in fact what he is selling is chalk".[59] A plan which successfully comes to fruition without the offence the defendant intended coming to pass may also relieve the defendant of liability, although this ruling from Haughton v Smith[60] has proved hard to distinguish from the abolition of other defences of impossibility.[61]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

Darren Brown - Push on 22:53 - Jan 20 with 3690 viewsItchySphincter

Darren Brown - Push on 17:05 - Jan 20 by Highjack

He's an illusionist. Or magician if you will, and having stooges helping you in your act is literally the oldest trick in the book.

He's a charlatan and a trickster. As they all are.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Darren Brown - Push on 22:59 - Jan 20 with 3682 viewsWxmJax

Must be something in it, he's changed his name for a start

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Darren Brown - Push on 23:07 - Jan 20 with 3674 viewsSwanzay

Ive been to many of his live shows which are fantastic viewing, in order to 'select' a person he either throws out a frizbee and asks it to be thrown again at least 3/4times or a beach ball (ground/upper/gods). Where again he ask for it to be thrown 3/4times but behind them so they cant see.
I know there are a lot of charlatans out there, but he has no way of contolling where the frizbee or ball end up?

Im sure ECB would back me up in saying he is superb and very thought provoking live, the mind is a very powerful yet controllable thing!
[Post edited 20 Jan 2016 23:17]
Darren Brown - Push on 23:25 - Jan 20 with 3646 viewsLoyal

He turned my best mates wife in to a fish finger.
Very apt I thought 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Darren Brown - Push on 23:37 - Jan 20 with 3629 viewsDarran

Darren Brown - Push on 23:25 - Jan 20 by Loyal

He turned my best mates wife in to a fish finger.
Very apt I thought 👍

I'd love to fish finger you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Darren Brown - Push on 23:39 - Jan 20 with 3625 viewsHighjack

Darren Brown - Push on 23:07 - Jan 20 by Swanzay

Ive been to many of his live shows which are fantastic viewing, in order to 'select' a person he either throws out a frizbee and asks it to be thrown again at least 3/4times or a beach ball (ground/upper/gods). Where again he ask for it to be thrown 3/4times but behind them so they cant see.
I know there are a lot of charlatans out there, but he has no way of contolling where the frizbee or ball end up?

Im sure ECB would back me up in saying he is superb and very thought provoking live, the mind is a very powerful yet controllable thing!

I'd certainly agree that a weak mind is very controllable. Indeed.

Darren Brown - Push on 23:41 - Jan 20 with 3622 viewsDarran

Darren Brown - Push on 23:39 - Jan 20 by Highjack

I'd certainly agree that a weak mind is very controllable. Indeed.

ECB has got a very weak mind too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Darren Brown - Push on 23:55 - Jan 20 with 3608 viewsHighjack

Darren Brown - Push on 23:41 - Jan 20 by Darran

ECB has got a very weak mind too.

Yes, a common trait amongst lefties.

Darren Brown - Push on 01:48 - Jan 21 with 3554 viewsBanosswan

The same reason as why the people in his show the heist weren't prosecuted for armed robbery.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 1:50]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Darren Brown - Push on 02:14 - Jan 21 with 3541 viewsLoyal

So where's the fcking Eiffel Tower ?

Darren Brown - Push on 02:41 - Jan 21 with 3534 viewsBanosswan

Darren Brown - Push on 02:14 - Jan 21 by Loyal

So where's the fcking Eiffel Tower ?

Paris ffs!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Darren Brown - Push on 11:54 - Jan 21 with 3394 viewsbluenile

Darren Brown - Push on 22:59 - Jan 20 by WxmJax

Must be something in it, he's changed his name for a start

Twice, according to Lisa, First Darren then Derek.....................she's moving further away....................Arthur coming up soon.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Darren Brown - Push on 13:05 - Jan 21 with 3343 viewsmacthejack

Darren Brown - Push on 23:07 - Jan 20 by Swanzay

It's never as it seems with him though. I went to see him once and he did a segment where before the show he'd sent someone round the bar before the show taking pictures of people and in the show these people had to stand up in the audience and he did a trick (can't really remember it).

Anyway I watched the show on telly which was filmed in London somewhere and at least some of the people in the photos were the same, he made the same jokes about them and there were some distinctive faces in there. I still enjoy it though.
Darren Brown - Push on 16:16 - Jan 21 with 3275 viewsDafyddHuw

Darren Brown - Push on 16:16 - Jan 20 by londonlisa2001

I know Dynamo is fake. Thought the Derek brown one was not supposed to be.

If the whole thing was fake then there's no point to it? It's just a drama series.

Dynamo is fake? Shock horror.

He thought he could do real magic like.
Darren Brown - Push on 17:23 - Jan 21 with 3241 viewslondonlisa2001

Darren Brown - Push on 16:25 - Jan 20 by AyewSerious

Well it is not supposed to be, as such. But yes, it is essentially just light entertainment. Actors and a very clever and engaging host.

Im not sure if you saw the one where he convinced a woman she was a ghost by hypnotising her into a trance, making a life like "dead body" of her and placing it in a scene of a car crash. She was then placed at the scene and "woken up" to the sight of paramedics giving her CPR unsuccessfuly while she was shouting "hello can you hear me" at the paramedics who were pretending they couldnt hear her.

Some of the actions just dont add up. Any frustrated person trying to make themselves known would go and try to physically touch the paramedics who were apparently unaware of her presence. But of course that woukd ruin the whole thing if she did... So she didnt.

Hes a very good showman, but as you say it is pointless when you think of it.

Fair enough - I have never watched any of his other similar stuff so can't comment.

I had always thought that he started as a fairly standard magician but that these shows were all supposed to be based on his prowess in NLP. If they are all just actors then really can't see the point at all. I mean magicians, like dynamo or David Blaine or David Copperfield etc are obviously faked, but are still good in that it's hard to see how they do it in some cases (Penn & Teller are particularly good). But if these shows are just a drama, then theres no value to them at all - it's not like they are clever illusions.
Darren Brown - Push on 17:25 - Jan 21 with 3237 viewslondonlisa2001

Darren Brown - Push on 11:54 - Jan 21 by bluenile

Twice, according to Lisa, First Darren then Derek.....................she's moving further away....................Arthur coming up soon.

ha ha - spell check on my ipad obviously doesn't like 'Derren' as a name. :-)
Darren Brown - Push on 17:32 - Jan 21 with 3226 viewsexiledclaseboy

Darren Brown - Push on 17:23 - Jan 21 by londonlisa2001

Fair enough - I have never watched any of his other similar stuff so can't comment.

I had always thought that he started as a fairly standard magician but that these shows were all supposed to be based on his prowess in NLP. If they are all just actors then really can't see the point at all. I mean magicians, like dynamo or David Blaine or David Copperfield etc are obviously faked, but are still good in that it's hard to see how they do it in some cases (Penn & Teller are particularly good). But if these shows are just a drama, then theres no value to them at all - it's not like they are clever illusions.

They're not all just actors. Otherwise it would be just a scripted drama as you say. Brown's a self confessed charlatan and very often he'll explain how he's done what he's done. He's up front that he uses misdirection in his shows and he does claim not to use stooges. Who knows if that's true. I've seen him live many times and much of what he does defies explanation. Although there clearly are explanations and as I said he'll often tell the audience what they are. He is very skilled at NLP and other similar techniques as well as in hypnosis, magic and illusion. I find him very entertaining but if you're (not you are personally) are the type to look for easy explanations like stooges, actors etc he's probably not for you.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024