Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darren Brown - Push 15:04 - Jan 20 with 5418 viewslondonlisa2001

Did anyone see this programme?

Question for the police people on here. What is it that stops what the three did from being a prosecutable offence? Why can't they be done for attempted murder? After all, in their minds, they tried to kill someone on camera.
Darren Brown - Push on 17:39 - Jan 21 with 1388 viewslondonlisa2001

Darren Brown - Push on 17:32 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

They're not all just actors. Otherwise it would be just a scripted drama as you say. Brown's a self confessed charlatan and very often he'll explain how he's done what he's done. He's up front that he uses misdirection in his shows and he does claim not to use stooges. Who knows if that's true. I've seen him live many times and much of what he does defies explanation. Although there clearly are explanations and as I said he'll often tell the audience what they are. He is very skilled at NLP and other similar techniques as well as in hypnosis, magic and illusion. I find him very entertaining but if you're (not you are personally) are the type to look for easy explanations like stooges, actors etc he's probably not for you.

well yes - that's what I had thought as well, which is why I asked the original question.

I'd thought it was supposed to be NLP with a lot of subliminal suggestion stuff to get people to do what he wants.
Darren Brown - Push on 17:52 - Jan 21 with 1380 viewsAyewSerious

Darren Brown - Push on 17:32 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

They're not all just actors. Otherwise it would be just a scripted drama as you say. Brown's a self confessed charlatan and very often he'll explain how he's done what he's done. He's up front that he uses misdirection in his shows and he does claim not to use stooges. Who knows if that's true. I've seen him live many times and much of what he does defies explanation. Although there clearly are explanations and as I said he'll often tell the audience what they are. He is very skilled at NLP and other similar techniques as well as in hypnosis, magic and illusion. I find him very entertaining but if you're (not you are personally) are the type to look for easy explanations like stooges, actors etc he's probably not for you.

That is a myth, and that is the sole reason I said he was a very clever and engaging host. If you are one to listen carefully, which many who watch his shows do (which he knows), he leaves a load of audible leads as to how he does it, intended to be picked up by the intently listening viewer - which satisfies their curiosity to how it is done withiut doubting its authenticity. However none of these audible cues have anything to do at all with how the trick was done, the trick was just done simply with an actor. The power of suggestion was actually on the viewer he has controlled in such a way that he has made them think that this is real.

Another example is when he was at the race track and he took the mans losing betting slip to the desk as he claimed he could get the woman to pay out. First the man went up and the lady (who didn't read the ticket, as you aren't required to these days with electronic processing) put the slip into the computer and then said "sorry it says it wasnt a winner". Derren then came over and said "THIS IS THE DOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR...thats why we came to this WINdow" apparently suggesting to those watching close enough that this is all the information they need as to how he did this trick. Emohasising certain words.

When in reality it is a machine that uses a barcode to say if the ticket won or not and doesnt allow for human intervention... and it then shows on screen then exactly how much to pay out. So it seems if Derren tricked anyone at the window by his power of suggestion, then it was a computer... that cant hear anything. She was a stooge.

Here is the clip...
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 17:57]
Darren Brown - Push on 17:52 - Jan 21 with 1380 viewsexiledclaseboy

Darren Brown - Push on 17:39 - Jan 21 by londonlisa2001

well yes - that's what I had thought as well, which is why I asked the original question.

I'd thought it was supposed to be NLP with a lot of subliminal suggestion stuff to get people to do what he wants.

Worth reading his book Tricks of the Mind. Contains a fairly full and frank explanation of his methods. As I said he doesn't claim to be some kind of supernatural superhuman. Quite the opposite in fact.

Poll: Tory leader

Darren Brown - Push on 17:55 - Jan 21 with 1377 viewsexiledclaseboy

Darren Brown - Push on 17:52 - Jan 21 by AyewSerious

That is a myth, and that is the sole reason I said he was a very clever and engaging host. If you are one to listen carefully, which many who watch his shows do (which he knows), he leaves a load of audible leads as to how he does it, intended to be picked up by the intently listening viewer - which satisfies their curiosity to how it is done withiut doubting its authenticity. However none of these audible cues have anything to do at all with how the trick was done, the trick was just done simply with an actor. The power of suggestion was actually on the viewer he has controlled in such a way that he has made them think that this is real.

Another example is when he was at the race track and he took the mans losing betting slip to the desk as he claimed he could get the woman to pay out. First the man went up and the lady (who didn't read the ticket, as you aren't required to these days with electronic processing) put the slip into the computer and then said "sorry it says it wasnt a winner". Derren then came over and said "THIS IS THE DOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR...thats why we came to this WINdow" apparently suggesting to those watching close enough that this is all the information they need as to how he did this trick. Emohasising certain words.

When in reality it is a machine that uses a barcode to say if the ticket won or not and doesnt allow for human intervention... and it then shows on screen then exactly how much to pay out. So it seems if Derren tricked anyone at the window by his power of suggestion, then it was a computer... that cant hear anything. She was a stooge.

Here is the clip...
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 17:57]

I can't be bothered to argue the point. Suffice to say that if his shows were purely actors reading scripts he'd have been exposed and stopped selling tickets and making pointless tv shows long ago. Let's just agree to differ.

Poll: Tory leader

Darren Brown - Push on 18:00 - Jan 21 with 1368 viewsAyewSerious

Darren Brown - Push on 17:55 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

I can't be bothered to argue the point. Suffice to say that if his shows were purely actors reading scripts he'd have been exposed and stopped selling tickets and making pointless tv shows long ago. Let's just agree to differ.

I wasnt intending to argue with you, i thought seeing as you had put your opinion forward we could discuss it further, especially as I posted a clip which sort of proves it.

However, Dynamo DVD's are still selling through the roof though. Which again is scripted actors. One woman had her tattoo of a woman with her eye closed change to a tattoo with a woman with her eye open, much to her amazement. How did it happen? He rubbed the make up off that they had applied prior to rolling the cameras.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 18:05]
Darren Brown - Push on 18:02 - Jan 21 with 1366 viewsAyewSerious

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAmEdT2HnF0

This didnt work on my original post regarding the racetrack. But here it is...
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 18:04]
Darren Brown - Push on 18:09 - Jan 21 with 1357 viewsBenJ94

Darren Brown - Push on 16:25 - Jan 20 by AyewSerious

Well it is not supposed to be, as such. But yes, it is essentially just light entertainment. Actors and a very clever and engaging host.

Im not sure if you saw the one where he convinced a woman she was a ghost by hypnotising her into a trance, making a life like "dead body" of her and placing it in a scene of a car crash. She was then placed at the scene and "woken up" to the sight of paramedics giving her CPR unsuccessfuly while she was shouting "hello can you hear me" at the paramedics who were pretending they couldnt hear her.

Some of the actions just dont add up. Any frustrated person trying to make themselves known would go and try to physically touch the paramedics who were apparently unaware of her presence. But of course that woukd ruin the whole thing if she did... So she didnt.

Hes a very good showman, but as you say it is pointless when you think of it.

That's because he paralysed her to one specific spot...
Darren Brown - Push on 18:16 - Jan 21 with 1350 viewsskippyjack

Watch..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024