Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former players 14:08 - Jan 22 with 3659 viewsBlasterJack

What is our club's obsession with them?

Sky Sports now reporting talks have been opened for Scott Sinclair.
Allen, Bony, Borini, De Guzman all linked recently (admittedly some were journo crap).

What has happened to our so called scouting network?

I'm half expecting us to be putting a bid in for Darren Pratley before the end of the month.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 14:10]

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Former players on 14:26 - Jan 22 with 3571 viewsicecoldjack

They are safe bets.come with little or known baggage ,they know what Swansea is about,including the club and area and we all know what they can offer.

Seems logical enough,especially in our current situation.

Something else to consider is that for us to return to our brand of football we need players that can play it,plus they will intergrate quicker.

All makes sense to me.
Former players on 14:32 - Jan 22 with 3521 viewsjasper_T

What the club pursues and what the media reports are two very different things.

Former players who went on to bigger clubs (and then failed) are believable rumours for journalists to invent.
Former players on 14:39 - Jan 22 with 3484 viewsAnotherJohn

I'm hoping the rumours are just smoke screens to hide our real targets. Speaking frankly though, ideas such as re-signing Sinclair or swapping Ayew for Borini fill me with despair. If those things were to happen I think relegation to the Championship would be a certainty - and indeed fully in line with the squad we were assembling.
Former players on 14:40 - Jan 22 with 3483 viewsicecoldjack

Former players on 14:32 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

What the club pursues and what the media reports are two very different things.

Former players who went on to bigger clubs (and then failed) are believable rumours for journalists to invent.

That is true.

Also, i think as a club it is good policy to let players get their big move knowing that in the future,if it failed they would have a home here, Leon is a good example,so is Trundle to a lesser degree.

I personally think its sound business myself.

Swansea is stuck out the way,so knowing certain players can thrive here and know the area helps IMO.
Former players on 14:41 - Jan 22 with 3460 viewsLoyal

Deep breath.
What scouting network ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Former players on 14:42 - Jan 22 with 3450 viewsicecoldjack

Former players on 14:39 - Jan 22 by AnotherJohn

I'm hoping the rumours are just smoke screens to hide our real targets. Speaking frankly though, ideas such as re-signing Sinclair or swapping Ayew for Borini fill me with despair. If those things were to happen I think relegation to the Championship would be a certainty - and indeed fully in line with the squad we were assembling.

Thats's what we thought with Emnes !

Though in fairness the club do also have a policy of smoke and mirrors.
Former players on 15:12 - Jan 22 with 3353 viewstomdickharry

We are down to cheap loans now.
Former players on 15:16 - Jan 22 with 3333 viewsjack247

As much as it is probably all bollocks, I'd much rather we sign some of them back than trust whoever recommended Eder and Tabanou to get us any more players
Login to get fewer ads

Former players on 15:22 - Jan 22 with 3290 viewsDr_Winston

Our scout's little black book is Huw's SCFC Panini album.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Former players on 22:27 - Jan 22 with 2924 viewsAl_Bundy

Why do people keeping harping on about Borini ??? he is nowhere remotely good enough
Former players on 01:46 - Jan 23 with 2758 viewsLoyal

There clearly is no obsession with former players because we as a club haven't signed any former players. The obsession with former players is in the media, not at Swansea City FC.

Being driven round the bend by the media is clearly easy to achieve.

Let's not confuse the media with knowledge - who know nothing because if they did they would have seen the appointment of our new manager and his assistant. Equally it's the same with players.

However with time ticking and Rome still burning I would say they have a week tops to correct the striker situation.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Former players on 07:17 - Jan 23 with 2667 viewsDr_Winston

Former players on 01:46 - Jan 23 by Loyal

There clearly is no obsession with former players because we as a club haven't signed any former players. The obsession with former players is in the media, not at Swansea City FC.

Being driven round the bend by the media is clearly easy to achieve.

Let's not confuse the media with knowledge - who know nothing because if they did they would have seen the appointment of our new manager and his assistant. Equally it's the same with players.

However with time ticking and Rome still burning I would say they have a week tops to correct the striker situation.

Emnes. Trundle. Sigurdsson. Britton. That's four off the top of my head.

Obviously two out of those four were well worth the reacquisition, but going back to the well is definitely something we do, especially during times of managerial weakness.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Former players on 08:03 - Jan 23 with 2611 viewsKerouac

Fede Bessone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Former players on 09:26 - Jan 24 with 2405 viewsBlasterJack

Former players on 08:03 - Jan 23 by Kerouac

Fede Bessone

I will see your Bessone and raise you a Tiendalli.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Former players on 10:12 - Jan 24 with 2334 viewsLoyal

Former players on 07:17 - Jan 23 by Dr_Winston

Obviously two out of those four were well worth the reacquisition, but going back to the well is definitely something we do, especially during times of managerial weakness.

I'm talking about at least in recent memory, like the last two or three Windows !

Can I add Alan Curtis !

Former players on 10:22 - Jan 24 with 2305 viewsKrisP

Former players on 07:17 - Jan 23 by Dr_Winston

Only one of those players was ever a permanent Swans player who left and returned as a permanent Swans player.

I guess one of, if not the key reason, we go back for our former players is how often they fail elsewhere after shining for us.
Former players on 10:43 - Jan 24 with 2263 viewsDr_Winston

Former players on 10:22 - Jan 24 by KrisP

Only one of those players was ever a permanent Swans player who left and returned as a permanent Swans player.

I guess one of, if not the key reason, we go back for our former players is how often they fail elsewhere after shining for us.

Permanent, loan, doesn't matter. We do like going back in for players we already know, particularly when the club management appear to be taking the responsibility for signings upon themselves.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024