Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? 20:20 - Jan 24 with 3864 viewsploppy

I thought Leon was immense today. He was even winning headers against players twice his size (slight exaggeration). Not sure how he's behind Routledge in the ratings. People obviously watched a different game to me.
Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:24 - Jan 24 with 2557 viewslibero

Leon was gigantic - yet again - total football personified, by such a diminutive player
Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:26 - Jan 24 with 2541 viewstomdickharry

Just shows how Monk messed up when under pressure.
Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:30 - Jan 24 with 2512 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:26 - Jan 24 by tomdickharry

Just shows how Monk messed up when under pressure.

TCUP.......... he clearly didnt
Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:32 - Jan 24 with 2494 viewsDarran

Good thread and going back to negative posted there was a post on here at half time today saying.

Hate to say it but both Leon and Rangel are looking ropey, good on the ball as always but age is catching up with both .

Just have to hope they have enough in the tank for this game and for the rest of the season.

Sad but true.

He's not negative though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:33 - Jan 24 with 2478 viewsunion_jack

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:32 - Jan 24 by Darran

Good thread and going back to negative posted there was a post on here at half time today saying.

Hate to say it but both Leon and Rangel are looking ropey, good on the ball as always but age is catching up with both .

Just have to hope they have enough in the tank for this game and for the rest of the season.

Sad but true.

He's not negative though.

Dar, I'd agree with The Rangel part of that statement though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:35 - Jan 24 with 2465 viewsDarran

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:33 - Jan 24 by union_jack

Dar, I'd agree with The Rangel part of that statement though.

I was getting at the Leon bit my friend.

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:36 - Jan 24 with 2459 viewsItchySphincter

We'll have these Leon threads every week. Some people just don't get it. Some people compare Ki to him but Ki's twice the size and half the player. The yank even said last week that the opinion on Leon was due to what he did in 2003. Some people are just clueless. Leon is up there with Robbie, Curt and the greatest this club has ever seen.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:38 - Jan 24 with 2419 viewsDarran

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:36 - Jan 24 by ItchySphincter

We'll have these Leon threads every week. Some people just don't get it. Some people compare Ki to him but Ki's twice the size and half the player. The yank even said last week that the opinion on Leon was due to what he did in 2003. Some people are just clueless. Leon is up there with Robbie, Curt and the greatest this club has ever seen.

100% I think he's the greatest player I've ever seen in a Swans shirt.

Login to get fewer ads

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:38 - Jan 24 with 2419 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Someone said a few years ago (I think it was SwanseaJill) that Leon is the oil that makes the Swansea machine run smoothly.

Which hits the nail on the head.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:39 - Jan 24 with 2415 viewsDarran

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:38 - Jan 24 by Joe_bradshaw

Someone said a few years ago (I think it was SwanseaJill) that Leon is the oil that makes the Swansea machine run smoothly.

Which hits the nail on the head.

Beautiful.

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:41 - Jan 24 with 2397 viewsunion_jack

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:35 - Jan 24 by Darran

I was getting at the Leon bit my friend.

Yes I know and agree with you. First name in the sheet I'd say.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:42 - Jan 24 with 2384 viewsItchySphincter

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:38 - Jan 24 by Darran

100% I think he's the greatest player I've ever seen in a Swans shirt.

Hard to disagree. I think if Ferrie had stayed fit and stayed with us for 10 plus he could have got close to him.

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:44 - Jan 24 with 2356 viewsItchySphincter

*10 plus years*

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:45 - Jan 24 with 2346 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:36 - Jan 24 by ItchySphincter

He's top class now, no debating that. But I think Routledge deserved all the plaudits he got today. Missed out on Sky MOM to Delofeou but immesnse all the same. I still can't believe one poster on here this season dissmissed him as dogs doings. The bloke clearly doesn't know anything about football.

Leon wil definitely have a statue outside the stadium one day but I'm more than happy with the contribution to our success that the (so called) "journeyman" Wayne Routledge has made.
He's found his home here as far as I'm concerned.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:45 - Jan 24 with 2345 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Leon did look dead on his feet with 15 mins to go, but bravely found a second wind

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:48 - Jan 24 with 2326 viewsWxmJax

There must have been two games then today because Leon gave the ball away a lot first half. Never stopped trying but it wasn't his greatest game. Loved the way he kept trying second half, particularly that run near the end. Thought Ki wasn't great either but the result is what matters. Hopefully confidence being restored and onwards and upwards from here.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:55 - Jan 24 with 2284 viewsItchySphincter

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:48 - Jan 24 by WxmJax

There must have been two games then today because Leon gave the ball away a lot first half. Never stopped trying but it wasn't his greatest game. Loved the way he kept trying second half, particularly that run near the end. Thought Ki wasn't great either but the result is what matters. Hopefully confidence being restored and onwards and upwards from here.

Well you'd be blowing if you did the work of 10 men.

Maybe not his greatest game and no probs with Routs having better ratings but without Leon there is no hope. Hopefully his commitment to the cause buys us time to mould a replacement one day.

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 21:02 - Jan 24 with 2252 viewssomersetsimon

Certainly nowhere the talent of Curt, Robbie or Ivor, but in terms of one player single handedly defining a team, then I think he is the best I've seen at Swansea and possibly any other club.
Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 21:02 - Jan 24 with 2252 viewsploppy

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:48 - Jan 24 by WxmJax

Did Leon really give the ball away "a lot first half"? I'd be interested to see the stats if someone can find them. I do remember Routs being muscled off the ball a few times and running the ball out for a goal kick though - oh and a weak shot with his left foot straight at Howard when through on goal. Not saying Routs didn't have a decent game, but for me Leon was better.
Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 21:07 - Jan 24 with 2226 viewsmidswan

Reading the match day thread a lot of posters yelling for Routs to come off,not good enough etc. Dont know 'what' they are watching but he put in a real shift pretty much across the entire front line, in fact today was noticeable for a much more pressing game and the front 3 led by example ( see penalty decision, Routs presses Stones,Ayew chases down keeper.the manager will love that )
Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 21:17 - Jan 24 with 2169 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 21:07 - Jan 24 by midswan

Reading the match day thread a lot of posters yelling for Routs to come off,not good enough etc. Dont know 'what' they are watching but he put in a real shift pretty much across the entire front line, in fact today was noticeable for a much more pressing game and the front 3 led by example ( see penalty decision, Routs presses Stones,Ayew chases down keeper.the manager will love that )

Really? Are some of our fans so blind????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 21:18 - Jan 24 with 2161 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:55 - Jan 24 by ItchySphincter

Well you'd be blowing if you did the work of 10 men.

Maybe not his greatest game and no probs with Routs having better ratings but without Leon there is no hope. Hopefully his commitment to the cause buys us time to mould a replacement one day.

Well said - and he would be THE perfect player/coach to inculcate and sustain the Swansea-midfield-way - ad infinitum
Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 21:21 - Jan 24 with 2138 viewsjackportis

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 20:41 - Jan 24 by union_jack

Yes I know and agree with you. First name in the sheet I'd say.

Fabianski

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 21:22 - Jan 24 with 2135 viewsItchySphincter

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 21:02 - Jan 24 by somersetsimon

Certainly nowhere the talent of Curt, Robbie or Ivor, but in terms of one player single handedly defining a team, then I think he is the best I've seen at Swansea and possibly any other club.

I struggle to understand that. Are you saying Curt, Robbie and Ivor were better but Leon is the best you've ever seen? Does that mean you haven't seen the other three or you have seen them? If you have seen them and Leon is not as good how can Leon be the best? If you haven't seen them on what are you basing your opinion?

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 21:33 - Jan 24 with 2085 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Player Ratings v Everton. Leon Behind Routs? on 21:22 - Jan 24 by ItchySphincter

I struggle to understand that. Are you saying Curt, Robbie and Ivor were better but Leon is the best you've ever seen? Does that mean you haven't seen the other three or you have seen them? If you have seen them and Leon is not as good how can Leon be the best? If you haven't seen them on what are you basing your opinion?

Being the most talented is not the same thing as being the best.

For instance you could argue that we just sold one of our most talented players to Newcastle, but few would argue that he was one of our best players.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024