Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andros Townsend 11:54 - Jan 26 with 3695 viewspremierjack

Off to Newcastle for 12m. Will do ok for them but a bit pricey in my opinion.

He said "two of the biggest positions you could play in football are left wing and centre forward and I've got a chance to play in one of those"!

Strange quotes when he has usually played right wing for Spurs and England and I can't ever recall him playing centre forward.
Andros Townsend on 11:56 - Jan 26 with 3683 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Perhaps he wants the opportunity to score more goals.
Andros Townsend on 12:05 - Jan 26 with 3645 viewsClinton

3 goals in 47 Prem games for Spurs according to Wikipedia. 24 years old. Both these stats surprised me. Classic case of Spurs player getting into England side off the back of a few good performances.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Andros Townsend on 12:07 - Jan 26 with 3631 viewsPegojack

They are supposedly in for Loic Remy as well.

Ashley is certainly splashing the cash. It would be funny as feck if they still went down.
Andros Townsend on 12:10 - Jan 26 with 3599 viewsFar_Post

Newcastle are taking that boom or bust gamble that we have been refusing to in this transfer window.

We will see which approach pays off.

Blog: The C Word

Andros Townsend on 12:26 - Jan 26 with 3542 viewsLandore_Jack

Andros Townsend has had this to say about his potential move to Newcastle...

"As soon as I knew of Newcastle's interest they were the only club I wanted to join.

"Two of the biggest positions you can play in football are Centre Forward or Left Winger. I've got the chance to play one of those - I could never turn that down. I can't wait to play my first game at St James' Park, I'm excited!"

We understand Townsend will have his Newcastle medical tomorrow.

#backtojack

Andros Townsend on 17:34 - Jan 26 with 3293 viewsOldjack

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/andros-townsends-12m-fee-represents-130656902.h

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Andros Townsend on 17:38 - Jan 26 with 3265 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Now we have
"Crystal Palace have just confirmed the news we brought you earlier that Emmanuel Adebayor has signed for the club until the end of the season."
Makes Gayle's leaving even more likely.
Andros Townsend on 23:29 - Jan 26 with 3143 viewsjasper_T

Daylight robbery, he's awful.
Login to get fewer ads

Andros Townsend on 11:25 - Jan 27 with 3039 viewstomdickharry

Just watched him leaving a Newcastle Hotel on SSN going for a medical,Ashbey must be making a mint of money to fund all these transfers.
Andros Townsend on 11:30 - Jan 27 with 3023 viewsOldjack

Andros Townsend on 11:25 - Jan 27 by tomdickharry

Just watched him leaving a Newcastle Hotel on SSN going for a medical,Ashbey must be making a mint of money to fund all these transfers.

He is ,the guys minted

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Andros Townsend on 11:32 - Jan 27 with 3014 viewsDarran

Andros Townsend on 11:30 - Jan 27 by Oldjack

He is ,the guys minted

The chavs in asbo corner will have had a lot to do with it too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Andros Townsend on 11:33 - Jan 27 with 3013 viewsjasper_T

I do like that Pochettino had to come out and tell Levy to stop driving up the price because he just wanted Townsend out of his squad already.
Andros Townsend on 14:56 - Jan 27 with 2919 viewsacejack3065

12 Mill is way too steep. We aren't missing out if that's the going rate.
Andros Townsend on 18:24 - Jan 27 with 2859 viewsGlyn1

We can all agree that Newcastle are going to be a significantly better side after the transfer window closes than they were before it opened. There's no way that they are going to be relegated.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Andros Townsend on 18:27 - Jan 27 with 2844 viewsmacthejack

Andros Townsend on 18:24 - Jan 27 by Glyn1

We can all agree that Newcastle are going to be a significantly better side after the transfer window closes than they were before it opened. There's no way that they are going to be relegated.

I don't know about significantly better. Probably marginally better but at what cost? We know what Shelvey's like and Townsend will do OK as the OP said but he's not really any better than what they've already got. I know Mashley's minted but all this will come back to bite them on the arse eventually.
Andros Townsend on 18:42 - Jan 27 with 2805 viewsTheFranchise

Andros Townsend on 18:27 - Jan 27 by macthejack

I don't know about significantly better. Probably marginally better but at what cost? We know what Shelvey's like and Townsend will do OK as the OP said but he's not really any better than what they've already got. I know Mashley's minted but all this will come back to bite them on the arse eventually.

Yeah, they aren't improving their squad. They're adding to it and their wage bill.
Andros Townsend on 20:51 - Jan 27 with 2688 viewsDyfnant

Andros Townsend on 18:24 - Jan 27 by Glyn1

If they're 'significantly' better, what does that say about the money they've previously wasted. If we'd spunked around £50M on Townsend and an England international of JJS's ilk, let's say Delph, I'd be fuming

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024