Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion 11:24 - Jan 31 with 5224 viewstomdickharry

I used to classify him as one of the worst attacking players I've ever seen play for us, but now I'd like to upgraded him simply to one of the worst players, regardless of position, that I've ever seen wear the shirt.

He's literally a streak off piss, no strength, no ability to protect the ball and is totally brainless, can't make the right decisions at the right time and always makes life hard for himself with the ball at his feet. What an absolutely garbage player he is.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:26 - Jan 31 with 4228 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are all Villa fans that thick?

Poll: Tory leader

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:35 - Jan 31 with 4139 viewstomdickharry

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:26 - Jan 31 by exiledclaseboy

Are all Villa fans that thick?

Doubt it,but they have seen more of Sinclair this season than we have.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:35 - Jan 31 with 4133 viewsVetchfieldpasty

SS did superb for us to get into the Premier but fans have very short memories as our opinion was exactly the same as this Villa's fans. Especially no strength or guts, big backwards step if you go back for him.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:41 - Jan 31 with 4064 viewshobo

Yet some still want us to sign him?
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:43 - Jan 31 with 4042 viewsDr_Winston

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:35 - Jan 31 by Vetchfieldpasty

SS did superb for us to get into the Premier but fans have very short memories as our opinion was exactly the same as this Villa's fans. Especially no strength or guts, big backwards step if you go back for him.

I don't recall a single criticism of Sinclair as scathing as this one.

From what I can remember, most people thought he was a little fortunate to get so many games ahead of Routledge but that he'd still made a contribution in our first season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:46 - Jan 31 with 3999 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:43 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

From what I can remember, most people thought he was a little fortunate to get so many games ahead of Routledge but that he'd still made a contribution in our first season.

Aye, 9 Premier league goals from a wide midfield position isn't too shabby.

The £6.5M from Man City was great business though.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:46 - Jan 31 with 4000 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:41 - Jan 31 by hobo

Yet some still want us to sign him?

Baffles me too.

When he was last here he was 4th choice behind Pablo, Routs, & Nath........done absolutely nothing in 3 years and now people think hes somehow improved that much he's now above the likes of Ayew, Routs, Jeff or Barrow.

Its a no from me Simon.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 11:58 - Jan 31 with 3897 viewsmonmouth

I'd rather we set our sights a bit higher, but I don't get all the vitriol since he left. He is as good as Borini, who seems to get none.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 12:00 - Jan 31 with 3880 viewsHighjack

I'd be amazed if we signed a winger considering we've completely dispensed with playing any sort of winger-based formations for the last three months.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 12:06 - Jan 31 with 3838 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Can't remember the crowd on his back for jumping out of tackles ala Ki recently?

Whether right or wrong he was definitely the Boo Boys "favorite" at the time.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 13:13 - Jan 31 with 3611 viewskarnataka

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 12:06 - Jan 31 by Vetchfieldpasty

Can't remember the crowd on his back for jumping out of tackles ala Ki recently?

Whether right or wrong he was definitely the Boo Boys "favorite" at the time.

Part of the problem was that Rodgers would neither drop him nor sub him even when he was regularly putting in poor performances. As soon both Rodgers and Sinclair had gone, Routledge took over the wide left position and was excellent.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 13:18 - Jan 31 with 3565 viewsLeonisGod

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 13:13 - Jan 31 by karnataka

Part of the problem was that Rodgers would neither drop him nor sub him even when he was regularly putting in poor performances. As soon both Rodgers and Sinclair had gone, Routledge took over the wide left position and was excellent.

Without offering the same goal threat, so horses for courses really. Scotty did absolutely fine in his time here with us. Played his role well, linked up with Tayls well, took 2 defenders out of the game most matches.... Probably best to not have him back though. All depends how The Don is going to set us up.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 13:23 - Jan 31 with 3536 viewsdobjack2

Part of his problem here was that too much was said on social media
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 13:53 - Jan 31 with 3396 viewsjack247

That's about right. He was brilliant in the championship and didn't adapt to the PL as well as some of his teammates. Don't think there was much more to it than that, he wasn't an abject disaster.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 13:56 - Jan 31 with 3371 viewsscottishjack

On top of all he done for us in our promotion season, hat trick at Wembley in the "90 million pound game" I think it was at the time?

He was brilliant for us in his short time, topped off by £6.5 million in the bank...

Thank you Scotty, you were ace! And he wasn't that shabby in our first Premier league year...

File under "We were good for him, he was good for us!"

Once again, thank you!
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 13:57 - Jan 31 with 3365 viewsAnotherJohn

Very poor record since he left us. He was a good Championship player and helped us gain promotion, but that is his level.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 13:57 - Jan 31 with 3365 viewsDr_Winston

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 13:53 - Jan 31 by jack247

That's about right. He was brilliant in the championship and didn't adapt to the PL as well as some of his teammates. Don't think there was much more to it than that, he wasn't an abject disaster.

Yup.

Nine goals from the wing is more than any other winger we've had since then has got anywhere near, even if some were penalties. He did OK. Not great, but OK.

He'd probably have done better under Laudrup.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:01 - Jan 31 with 3344 viewsblaine_scfc

I love Sinclair as much as anyone for what he did for us in regards to getting here, but will never make it as a premier league player. He left us for Man City knowing fully well he wasn't going to play, he went for the cash.

I wouldn't be as brutal as that Villa fan for sentimental reasons, but he's not far wrong in his assessment of Sinclair. I still can't get over some people want him to replace Montero, completely baffles me.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:02 - Jan 31 with 3339 viewswhiterock

I'd bring back Michu

;0)
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:07 - Jan 31 with 3309 viewsjack247

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:01 - Jan 31 by blaine_scfc

I love Sinclair as much as anyone for what he did for us in regards to getting here, but will never make it as a premier league player. He left us for Man City knowing fully well he wasn't going to play, he went for the cash.

I wouldn't be as brutal as that Villa fan for sentimental reasons, but he's not far wrong in his assessment of Sinclair. I still can't get over some people want him to replace Montero, completely baffles me.

Watch Montero for a bit then. He has been worked out. Sinclair isn't going to keep us up single handedly, but I do feel he would contribute more. I'm sure there are better players than both available.

I'm still hoping that Guidollin can coach Jeff into being a better player, because his ability one on one is as good as I've seen. If we think he is going to stay as he is though, we are better offloading while his value is still pretty high.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:11 - Jan 31 with 3283 viewsblaine_scfc

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:07 - Jan 31 by jack247

Watch Montero for a bit then. He has been worked out. Sinclair isn't going to keep us up single handedly, but I do feel he would contribute more. I'm sure there are better players than both available.

I'm still hoping that Guidollin can coach Jeff into being a better player, because his ability one on one is as good as I've seen. If we think he is going to stay as he is though, we are better offloading while his value is still pretty high.

Completely agree he's been off form. But Sinclair will never have the ability or the pace to terrorise fullbacks like Montero can.

I'd happily put my mortgage on it and say that if you asked every defender in the premier league who they'd prefer to face out of Montero and Sinclair, they'd rip your arm off for Sinclair.

We would be massively weakening our squad.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:21 - Jan 31 with 3245 viewsjack247

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:11 - Jan 31 by blaine_scfc

Completely agree he's been off form. But Sinclair will never have the ability or the pace to terrorise fullbacks like Montero can.

I'd happily put my mortgage on it and say that if you asked every defender in the premier league who they'd prefer to face out of Montero and Sinclair, they'd rip your arm off for Sinclair.

We would be massively weakening our squad.

Your third sentence is the key. One on one he can be absolutely unplayable, so teams just don't let him go one on one. He may not get the chance now, but if he does watch how teams defend against him. A full back jockeys him and shows him inside, while a centre back stands a little way behind the full back (a midfielder sometimes covers the centre back). Montero knocks the ball past the full back (who he will beat almost every time), the centre back steps in and takes the ball away. He doesn't rely on close control, he relies on knocking the ball past a full back and beating him for pace. Easy to defend against as long as you don't leave your fullback exposed.

If we could get him to anticipate where the ball is coming and where players are going to go, as well as getting him to play more 1-2s with an attacking midfielder to bypass the second defender, he would be a terrifying prospect again. I agree he has far more potential than Sinclair, but unless we can unlock it he is a busted flush.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:23 - Jan 31 with 3225 viewsblaine_scfc

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:21 - Jan 31 by jack247

Your third sentence is the key. One on one he can be absolutely unplayable, so teams just don't let him go one on one. He may not get the chance now, but if he does watch how teams defend against him. A full back jockeys him and shows him inside, while a centre back stands a little way behind the full back (a midfielder sometimes covers the centre back). Montero knocks the ball past the full back (who he will beat almost every time), the centre back steps in and takes the ball away. He doesn't rely on close control, he relies on knocking the ball past a full back and beating him for pace. Easy to defend against as long as you don't leave your fullback exposed.

If we could get him to anticipate where the ball is coming and where players are going to go, as well as getting him to play more 1-2s with an attacking midfielder to bypass the second defender, he would be a terrifying prospect again. I agree he has far more potential than Sinclair, but unless we can unlock it he is a busted flush.

More 1-2s? Like he did against Oxford and scored a peach.

He'll be come good. Just needs to play.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:26 - Jan 31 with 3208 viewsEasternJack

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:21 - Jan 31 by jack247

Just like many of our underachievers, I'm keen to see how Montero responds to some genuine coaching expertise.

Releasing the potential of many of our players significantly improves our playing squad.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:33 - Jan 31 with 3165 viewsjack247

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:23 - Jan 31 by blaine_scfc

More 1-2s? Like he did against Oxford and scored a peach.

He'll be come good. Just needs to play.

Yes. He needs to start doing that against PL teams. If he can, then I agree he is a much better prospect than Sinclair.

The fact we are discussing something he did well against Oxford speaks volumes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024