Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon firestick and KODI 17:38 - Feb 12 with 21680 viewsJacandme

Can someone advise if this is a handy investment? Will all this streaming stuff just get blocked?
Amazon firestick and KODI on 23:54 - Feb 12 with 7735 viewsoldgrey

I've been running Kodi on various devices for more than 2 years.

Here's my advice.

You can download it (Kodi) to a pc or an android tablet or an android phone (it even runs on a tesco hudl mark 1 tablet). Try it for free (it's on Google play or the tvaddons web site) and see if you can fathom out what's going on. You'll need to load Kodi Addons to view films or sport. If you have an android based device you can get loads of apps which will do similar (Mobdro, uktvnow, show box, moviehd etc). If you have an apple device you will need to jailbreak it (look it up).

If you use a wizard to install Addons then ensure you read guides on overcoming isp blocking (Google is your friend, normally involves unsetting child protection, router anti virus etc).

As others have mentioned seo-Michael is a great site for providing advice on installing the best Add ons.

If you feel comfortable invest in an android tv box. I have a t8 from droid box. Great machine. But not for dunderheads. (Anyone who thinks it is plug and play is the pawel abbot of football players).
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 9:56]
Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:12 - Feb 13 with 7631 viewsLord_Bony

Amazon firestick and KODI on 23:40 - Feb 12 by Jack123

Be careful with sky, I was over a friends house a few months ago, and he was on tv/bb/phone..paying about 80 ish a month and he was getting 6mb speed.. Thats no good if you have a few other devices in your household!

It costs a little more for the Virgin 100mbs broadband bit it is worth it...seems to be the fastest out there.

I'm regularly clocking an average speed of about 265 mps.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Amazon firestick and KODI on 22:09 - Feb 13 with 7576 viewsLoyal

Amazon firestick and KODI on 17:52 - Feb 12 by Jacandme

Do you need the superfast broadband?

Are you on the email ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Amazon firestick and KODI on 13:35 - Feb 14 with 7509 viewsRancid

Was gutted when Rockcrusher vanished.It was always my buffer free add on in Phoenix.Genesis buffers too much and NaviX is hit and miss.Is there anything else out there worth downloading similar to Phoenix?

Modbro is great for Skysports but its films and tv series are constantly streaming so you could click on a series and it'll be 3 seasons in.
Amazon firestick and KODI on 20:20 - Feb 14 with 7454 viewsElward

Phoenix is my go to addon for sports/movies. If for some reason that fails i have operation robocop and njm soccer as backups for sport and i found istream to be pretty decent for movies.

One thing im struggling to find however is tvshows that are on netflix or amazon prime only. Nowhere seems to have streams of them.
Amazon firestick and KODI on 20:36 - Feb 14 with 7446 viewsLoyal

Amazon firestick and KODI on 13:35 - Feb 14 by Rancid

Was gutted when Rockcrusher vanished.It was always my buffer free add on in Phoenix.Genesis buffers too much and NaviX is hit and miss.Is there anything else out there worth downloading similar to Phoenix?

Modbro is great for Skysports but its films and tv series are constantly streaming so you could click on a series and it'll be 3 seasons in.

Specto 👍 Marvellous.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Amazon firestick and KODI on 20:46 - Feb 14 with 7442 viewsNeathJack

Amazon firestick and KODI on 20:20 - Feb 14 by Elward

Phoenix is my go to addon for sports/movies. If for some reason that fails i have operation robocop and njm soccer as backups for sport and i found istream to be pretty decent for movies.

One thing im struggling to find however is tvshows that are on netflix or amazon prime only. Nowhere seems to have streams of them.

iStream http://bestforkodi.com/how-to-install-the-istream-kodi-addon/
Amazon firestick and KODI on 21:07 - Feb 14 with 7419 viewsElward

Amazon firestick and KODI on 20:46 - Feb 14 by NeathJack

iStream http://bestforkodi.com/how-to-install-the-istream-kodi-addon/

I have istream great for movies and tvshows. Although when searching for tvshows that are for netflix/amazon prime only im a little stuck. They have the directory for them however no streams. Same as phoenix. Few shows on netflix only but have yet to find an addon on kodi that actually has them
Login to get fewer ads

Amazon firestick and KODI on 21:43 - Feb 14 with 7404 viewsNeathJack

Amazon firestick and KODI on 21:07 - Feb 14 by Elward

I have istream great for movies and tvshows. Although when searching for tvshows that are for netflix/amazon prime only im a little stuck. They have the directory for them however no streams. Same as phoenix. Few shows on netflix only but have yet to find an addon on kodi that actually has them

What shows are you after mate?
Amazon firestick and KODI on 21:52 - Feb 14 with 7396 viewsElward

Amazon firestick and KODI on 21:43 - Feb 14 by NeathJack

What shows are you after mate?

Theres a couple on netflix that i fancied but are classed as "netflix originals" one in particular i was hoping to watch is marvels Daredevil. I checked phoenix, istream, velocity etc. And they all have the filepath for Daredevil - season 1 - episode 1 etc. But then either no stream for them or it doesnt work.

Same for Amazon Prime. Although it isn't out yet so a bit hard to tell but was hoping to have a nose at Jeremy Clarksons new show but dont fancy spending out on amazon prime just to check out 1 show haha
Amazon firestick and KODI on 22:04 - Feb 14 with 7381 viewsNeathJack

Amazon firestick and KODI on 21:52 - Feb 14 by Elward

Theres a couple on netflix that i fancied but are classed as "netflix originals" one in particular i was hoping to watch is marvels Daredevil. I checked phoenix, istream, velocity etc. And they all have the filepath for Daredevil - season 1 - episode 1 etc. But then either no stream for them or it doesnt work.

Same for Amazon Prime. Although it isn't out yet so a bit hard to tell but was hoping to have a nose at Jeremy Clarksons new show but dont fancy spending out on amazon prime just to check out 1 show haha

Strange.

I just tried iStream for that and it came up with loads of streams. I've got a RealDebrid account mind so that may have made a difference.

Amazon firestick and KODI on 22:31 - Feb 14 with 7362 viewsElward

Amazon firestick and KODI on 22:04 - Feb 14 by NeathJack

Strange.

I just tried iStream for that and it came up with loads of streams. I've got a RealDebrid account mind so that may have made a difference.

Very strange

I go onto istream etc. And do the whole, tvshows, search. Click on season 1, episode 1. It then has the mini box in the midde of the screen come up saying searching for hosts and searching links then i get a list of nothing.
Amazon firestick and KODI on 00:24 - Feb 15 with 7327 viewsJack123

Amazon firestick and KODI on 22:31 - Feb 14 by Elward

Very strange

I go onto istream etc. And do the whole, tvshows, search. Click on season 1, episode 1. It then has the mini box in the midde of the screen come up saying searching for hosts and searching links then i get a list of nothing.

Just install pub film, 123 movies from the mucky duck repo..Istream sux balls anyway.. :)

libera nos a malo

Amazon firestick and KODI on 09:19 - Feb 15 with 7261 viewsBLAZE

I had exactly the same problem as Elward with iStream. It was next to useless with the TV Shows I was searching for. I think you need a debrid account to get the best from it
Amazon firestick and KODI on 10:34 - Feb 15 with 7226 viewsepaul

There's a new oe

https://www.tvaddons.ag/exodus/

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Amazon firestick and KODI on 10:46 - Feb 15 with 7104 viewsJack_Kass

Amazon firestick and KODI on 10:34 - Feb 15 by epaul

There's a new oe

Bought a fire stick over the weekend, so playing around with Kodi on my laptop first to see how it all works before the stick arrives

Couldn't get that Robocop one to work, not sure if the site is down or whatever. NJM Soccer and Phoenix seem to be working though.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Amazon firestick and KODI on 11:34 - Feb 15 with 7078 viewsepaul

Amazon firestick and KODI on 10:46 - Feb 15 by Jack_Kass

Bought a fire stick over the weekend, so playing around with Kodi on my laptop first to see how it all works before the stick arrives

Couldn't get that Robocop one to work, not sure if the site is down or whatever. NJM Soccer and Phoenix seem to be working though.

Tbh I'm not much savvy when it comes to this but the only thing I can suggest is delete and re install

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Amazon firestick and KODI on 12:20 - Feb 15 with 7053 viewsairedale

When I'm allowed up on my soapbox I scream that phone lines are now obsolete. All you need is a broadband connection, and there should be a law against scumbags forcing you to but their landlines.

Phoneline = new ppi.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 12:21]
Amazon firestick and KODI on 13:02 - Feb 15 with 7027 viewsJack123

Amazon firestick and KODI on 10:34 - Feb 15 by epaul

There's a new oe

Just put it on, same as genesis..Tested 2 links perfect! Well done Lambada..

libera nos a malo

Amazon firestick and KODI on 15:01 - Feb 15 with 6961 viewsBLAZE

Amazon firestick and KODI on 12:20 - Feb 15 by airedale

When I'm allowed up on my soapbox I scream that phone lines are now obsolete. All you need is a broadband connection, and there should be a law against scumbags forcing you to but their landlines.

Phoneline = new ppi.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 12:21]

But Virgin Media's fibre optic network aside, it's the telephone line that 'carries' the Internet connection to your property - that's why you pay line rental. Without renting that line you wouldn't have Internet, so it's not a scam

That Exodus looks promising, and from the Genesis developer too, so could be good
Amazon firestick and KODI on 17:24 - Feb 15 with 6912 viewsThursday

Amazon firestick and KODI on 15:01 - Feb 15 by BLAZE

But Virgin Media's fibre optic network aside, it's the telephone line that 'carries' the Internet connection to your property - that's why you pay line rental. Without renting that line you wouldn't have Internet, so it's not a scam

That Exodus looks promising, and from the Genesis developer too, so could be good

Go fibre. Haven't had a landline in half a decade. Nothing bundled, no TV. Internet and nothing else.
Amazon firestick and KODI on 17:34 - Feb 15 with 6894 viewsLoyal

Highly recommend the new specto add on.

Excellent movie choice, and for anyone interested in a new HBO series 'Vinyl' written by Martin Scorcesse and Mick Jagger it aired yesterday in the USA and its on there as well.

It's superb.

Amazon firestick and KODI on 17:39 - Feb 15 with 6885 viewsLoyal

Amazon firestick and KODI on 21:57 - Feb 12 by Lord_Bony

Just found out the Kodi app is now officially available to download off the Sony Playstore so no need to side load it any more.

Therefore don't need a Firestick its all done through the TV.

Just need one for upstairs as its not a smart TV.

Edit : if it's available on the Playstore then it should be available to use on the PlayStation ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Add Wookie after that, streams are excellent.

Amazon firestick and KODI on 18:00 - Feb 15 with 6875 viewsElward

The new Exodus addon is amazing!
Amazon firestick and KODI on 18:05 - Feb 15 with 6873 viewsmonmouth

Amazon firestick and KODI on 18:00 - Feb 15 by Elward

The new Exodus addon is amazing!

Just watched MacBeth on exodus. Wifey likes a bit of shakespeare. Seamless, quick and trouble free. Am now in good books. Cheers all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024