Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three years ago today... 09:29 - Feb 24 with 4497 viewsTimBowen

Hello all,

Where were you? And what were you doing three years ago today?

Any interesting or funny stories relating to one of the 'Top Ten' most important (footballing)days in the club's history?
Three years ago today... on 09:39 - Feb 24 with 2956 viewsdickythorpe

A great day at Wem ber lee!!!
Three years ago today... on 09:48 - Feb 24 with 2949 viewssherpajacob

Freezing cold day.
We'd stayed at Thomas land before the play off final, so we stayed there again on the Saturday, drove down and got the train in from Wycombe, to avoid the Wembley traffic and parking. Credit to Bradford fans who were genuine in their admiration of our team.

Wales played Italy in the 6 nations that day and as we were packing the car early on Saturday morning wearing my Wales Jersey, my neighbour ( a cardiff fan) asked , "are you going to Rome?"

His face when I replied " no Wembley" was a picture.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Three years ago today... on 10:12 - Feb 24 with 2913 views1462jack

on the wembley pitch for a short spell
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 10:12]
Three years ago today... on 11:58 - Feb 24 with 2802 viewsJBT95

Three years ago today... on 09:48 - Feb 24 by sherpajacob

Freezing cold day.
We'd stayed at Thomas land before the play off final, so we stayed there again on the Saturday, drove down and got the train in from Wycombe, to avoid the Wembley traffic and parking. Credit to Bradford fans who were genuine in their admiration of our team.

Wales played Italy in the 6 nations that day and as we were packing the car early on Saturday morning wearing my Wales Jersey, my neighbour ( a cardiff fan) asked , "are you going to Rome?"

His face when I replied " no Wembley" was a picture.

Can I ask why you wore a WRU shirt to a League cup final?
Three years ago today... on 12:02 - Feb 24 with 2800 viewsjacabertawe

A great day out, but freezing up in the gods at Wembley (horrible stadium). As said, all credit to the Bradford fans for unwavering vocal support for their team.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Three years ago today... on 12:06 - Feb 24 with 2790 viewsDrGonzo

Three years ago today... on 11:58 - Feb 24 by JBT95

I find my self highly irritated by this question.
Three years ago today... on 12:19 - Feb 24 with 2768 viewsDr_Winston

Walking down the Bayswater Road felt like trekking to the North Pole it was so cold.

Weird weekend. The game itself was so one sided it seemed almost like an anti-climax, especially since most of.the pubs near where we were staying all closed by eleven.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Three years ago today... on 12:23 - Feb 24 with 2766 viewsbanshee_72

I caught a T-shirt from 1 of them t shirt cannon things then later caught 1 of Kemi Augustiens boots. The boot was promptly given to a young fan stood next to me. Dont think the young lad was too pleased with his momento of the day!
Login to get fewer ads

Three years ago today... on 12:26 - Feb 24 with 2748 viewsWxmJax

Not that it matters but there's a difference between Saturday and Sunday
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 12:31]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Three years ago today... on 12:54 - Feb 24 with 2692 viewssherpajacob

I didn't
I wore a wru shirt to Thomas land on the SATURDAY, because Wales were playing Italy.

Three years ago today... on 13:10 - Feb 24 with 2656 viewsdickythorpe

Maybe I'm "out of touch" but Where the Flying feck is Thomas land?
Three years ago today... on 13:23 - Feb 24 with 2629 viewsDarran

Three years ago today... on 12:06 - Feb 24 by DrGonzo

I find my self highly irritated by this question.

I do too especially when it's come from someone who openly admitted he'd prefer the Wales football team to win before the Swans.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Three years ago today... on 13:27 - Feb 24 with 2620 viewssherpajacob

Three years ago today... on 13:10 - Feb 24 by dickythorpe

Maybe I'm "out of touch" but Where the Flying feck is Thomas land?

draytonmanor.co.uk/thomas-land

near tamworth, handy for a quick trip down the M40 to wembley.

built to celebrate the achievements of James Thomas.

Three years ago today... on 13:58 - Feb 24 with 2574 viewsjasper_T

Your mother.
Three years ago today... on 14:01 - Feb 24 with 2568 viewslondonlisa2001

Three years ago today... on 12:19 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

Walking down the Bayswater Road felt like trekking to the North Pole it was so cold.

Weird weekend. The game itself was so one sided it seemed almost like an anti-climax, especially since most of.the pubs near where we were staying all closed by eleven.

Massive anti climax for me. Always dreamt of us getting to a final, and found myself bored for much of the match - couldn't wait for the final whistle to celebrate and get the game over with. The Chelsea matches were the real final.

Nothing even approaching the emotion of the playoff final on the day itself.
Three years ago today... on 14:22 - Feb 24 with 2532 viewsClinton

Despite it being an anti-climax on the day, I think many underestimate our performance. Bradford had put out three Premier League sides on the way to the final (Wigan, Arsenal, Villa) so they clearly had the potential to cause us problems. We were excellent, we defended well to take the sting out of the game and then clinically took them apart.
I just wonder what would happen if we played that game with this seasons team. I wouldnt be as confident, that's for sure.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Three years ago today... on 14:23 - Feb 24 with 2530 viewsLoyal

I had a wnk on the embankment 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Three years ago today... on 14:54 - Feb 24 with 2489 viewssherpajacob

Three years ago today... on 14:22 - Feb 24 by Clinton

Despite it being an anti-climax on the day, I think many underestimate our performance. Bradford had put out three Premier League sides on the way to the final (Wigan, Arsenal, Villa) so they clearly had the potential to cause us problems. We were excellent, we defended well to take the sting out of the game and then clinically took them apart.
I just wonder what would happen if we played that game with this seasons team. I wouldnt be as confident, that's for sure.

Indeed our performance that day would have taken apart most other premier league teams, so what chance did Bradford have.

It's interesting some are complaining that we cruised to victory in a major final, whereas most of the time on PS people are moaning about our current predicament in the mix of an exciting relaxation battle.

Three years ago today... on 14:55 - Feb 24 with 2485 viewsGretsch

Freezing my nuts off in the Premier inn car park, drinking the two pinters, not thinking that meant you couldn't put one hand in your pocket pity it wasn't like today, but it was bloody worth it
Three years ago today... on 14:56 - Feb 24 with 2483 viewslondonlisa2001

Three years ago today... on 14:54 - Feb 24 by sherpajacob

Indeed our performance that day would have taken apart most other premier league teams, so what chance did Bradford have.

It's interesting some are complaining that we cruised to victory in a major final, whereas most of the time on PS people are moaning about our current predicament in the mix of an exciting relaxation battle.

I for one wasn't complaining, I just said it was an anti climax compare to how I'd always imagined it would feel.
Three years ago today... on 15:34 - Feb 24 with 2437 viewsmonmouth

Three years ago today... on 14:22 - Feb 24 by Clinton

We looked forward first in those days and remembered that pass and move includes move.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Three years ago today... on 16:52 - Feb 24 with 2373 viewsjack247

Three years ago today... on 14:54 - Feb 24 by sherpajacob

It ended up just being a procession. Bradford had done amazingly to get there (as had we) but were more or less beaten before kick off, it was almost certainly over after our first goal. I really enjoyed the day, though a nail biting 3-2 would have lived longer in the memory. As you imply though, winning 5-0 at Wembley and qualifying for Europe is pretty bloody exceptional.

I wonder if most home games must feel like that for Barcelona and Real Madrid fans.
Three years ago today... on 18:33 - Feb 24 with 2285 viewsGowerjack

Three years ago today... on 12:23 - Feb 24 by banshee_72

I caught a T-shirt from 1 of them t shirt cannon things then later caught 1 of Kemi Augustiens boots. The boot was promptly given to a young fan stood next to me. Dont think the young lad was too pleased with his momento of the day!

An unused boot!

Quality

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Three years ago today... on 19:03 - Feb 24 with 2236 viewsGlyn1

Is anyone as surprised as me that Phil Parkinson is still the manager there? I thought that he would have been poached by a Championship club by now.

And thanks again to the Jack who passed a spare ticket on to me and would only take its face value.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Three years ago today... on 19:10 - Feb 24 with 2227 viewsOldjack

Three years ago today... on 16:52 - Feb 24 by jack247

It ended up just being a procession. Bradford had done amazingly to get there (as had we) but were more or less beaten before kick off, it was almost certainly over after our first goal. I really enjoyed the day, though a nail biting 3-2 would have lived longer in the memory. As you imply though, winning 5-0 at Wembley and qualifying for Europe is pretty bloody exceptional.

I wonder if most home games must feel like that for Barcelona and Real Madrid fans.

the roar when they got a corner in the closing moments of the game was something to behold

Froze my nuts off that day ,drinking cold beer outside on a freezing day is a big no no

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024