Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curt Inspired Bravery? 20:15 - Mar 3 with 2499 viewsVetchitBack

Didn't watch game. We're were more positive, more expansive and prepared to keep the ball by any chance? Did we play to type?

In short was it a lack of Guidolin?
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 20:17]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 20:21 - Mar 3 with 2472 viewsSwansNZ

I think Arsenal scoring early helped us. The first 15 minutes was like the last 70 at Spurs.

After scoring Arsenal relaxed or switched off a bit, allowing us into the game, plus we had to attack more - no point in holding out for a 0-0 when you are 1-0 down

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 20:22 - Mar 3 with 2471 viewsjack247

Not massively. We were more adventurous than we were against Spurs, but that was to be expected. It was a much better performance, mainly because we didn't allow Arsenal to dictate the way we played. We played the same way we normally do away to the bigger teams, not much possession but quick breaks. Unlike the Spurs game, though we played our way out of defence and looked more incisive on the counter.

If you look at the away results - Chelsea 2-2, Liverpool 0-1, United, City, Spurs 1-2, Everton, Arsenal 2-1, it's obviously a reasonably successful tactic. We competed in all those games except Spurs and even then we were winning with 20 odd minutes left.
Curt Inspired Bravery? on 21:44 - Mar 3 with 2297 viewsmax936

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 20:22 - Mar 3 by jack247

Not massively. We were more adventurous than we were against Spurs, but that was to be expected. It was a much better performance, mainly because we didn't allow Arsenal to dictate the way we played. We played the same way we normally do away to the bigger teams, not much possession but quick breaks. Unlike the Spurs game, though we played our way out of defence and looked more incisive on the counter.

If you look at the away results - Chelsea 2-2, Liverpool 0-1, United, City, Spurs 1-2, Everton, Arsenal 2-1, it's obviously a reasonably successful tactic. We competed in all those games except Spurs and even then we were winning with 20 odd minutes left.

The way Arsenal play suits us as well, I think they thought the goals would come and when we equalised it became harder for them even though they had chances, then we scored again and they were right on the back foot, well words to that effect, if Gomis hadn't tired I think with a bit more composure he might have scored, although if we had brought Alberto on he probably would have,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 21:50 - Mar 3 with 2271 viewsjackrabbit

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 21:44 - Mar 3 by max936

The way Arsenal play suits us as well, I think they thought the goals would come and when we equalised it became harder for them even though they had chances, then we scored again and they were right on the back foot, well words to that effect, if Gomis hadn't tired I think with a bit more composure he might have scored, although if we had brought Alberto on he probably would have,

Paloschi/Emnes whoever should have come on for Gomis after 65-70 minutes. Gomis was totally useless for the last 15 minutes. Is there a worse player in the league at holding up the ball and taking the pressure off the defence? I don't think so.

Having said that, I think he did alright for most of the game. But he should have been hooked. When he's that bad and disinterested,
Curt Inspired Bravery? on 21:52 - Mar 3 with 2254 viewsNeathJack

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 21:50 - Mar 3 by jackrabbit

Paloschi/Emnes whoever should have come on for Gomis after 65-70 minutes. Gomis was totally useless for the last 15 minutes. Is there a worse player in the league at holding up the ball and taking the pressure off the defence? I don't think so.

Having said that, I think he did alright for most of the game. But he should have been hooked. When he's that bad and disinterested,

That moment with 90 seconds left when he should have run it into the corner but proceeded to cut across the field and pass it straight to an Arsenal player was possibly the most brainless thing I've seen on a football pitch.

And I've seen Kristian O'Leary play in League 2.
Curt Inspired Bravery? on 22:00 - Mar 3 with 2228 viewsmax936

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 21:52 - Mar 3 by NeathJack

That moment with 90 seconds left when he should have run it into the corner but proceeded to cut across the field and pass it straight to an Arsenal player was possibly the most brainless thing I've seen on a football pitch.

He didn't look did he, he just winged it in the hope that another swan was there, he was knackered by then though, with his effort at the death, the better ball was across to the centre circle where I think Siggy was, he would have scored, Wengers face would have been a right picture if he had

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 22:30 - Mar 3 with 2143 viewsBanosswan

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 22:00 - Mar 3 by max936

He didn't look did he, he just winged it in the hope that another swan was there, he was knackered by then though, with his effort at the death, the better ball was across to the centre circle where I think Siggy was, he would have scored, Wengers face would have been a right picture if he had

And apparently cech pulled a calf trying to sprint back in to goal after coming up for the corner n

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:30 - Mar 3 with 2142 viewsBanosswan

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 22:32 - Mar 3 with 2130 viewsWarwickHunt

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 22:30 - Mar 3 by Banosswan

And apparently cech pulled a calf trying to sprint back in to goal after coming up for the corner n

And they call us sheepshaggers.
Curt Inspired Bravery? on 22:39 - Mar 3 with 2112 viewsmax936

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 22:32 - Mar 3 by WarwickHunt

That's just wicked mun

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 07:38 - Mar 4 with 1936 viewshydraulicjack

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 22:32 - Mar 3 by WarwickHunt

Very good mate! Made me happy for the day that did😊😉😁😂

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 10:16 - Mar 4 with 1815 viewsJackanapes

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 21:52 - Mar 3 by NeathJack

Berahino did that against the turds. Cost them a goal and two precious points. Earned him a smack in the mouth from a teammate and rightly so.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Curt Inspired Bravery? on 10:20 - Mar 4 with 1803 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's been winging it all season

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024