Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
lunch in Swansea 20:22 - Mar 15 with 6724 viewscsf

Any suggestions for a decent place for lunch? Day off tomorrow with my wife, have done la Parilla to death fro lunch, was thinking about Hansons but been there a few times too. Love the food there but variety is the spice of life and all that.
lunch in Swansea on 20:25 - Mar 15 with 4052 viewsDarran

Go to Cosmo and eat yourself mental.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

lunch in Swansea on 20:36 - Mar 15 with 4029 viewsraynor94

Try the Belle Vue bistro, or the Dragon both excellent

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

lunch in Swansea on 20:41 - Mar 15 with 4001 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Bellis still there?

Poll: Tory leader

lunch in Swansea on 20:43 - Mar 15 with 3990 viewsJackfath

Spud-U-Like.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

lunch in Swansea on 20:44 - Mar 15 with 3986 viewscsf

lunch in Swansea on 20:43 - Mar 15 by Jackfath

Spud-U-Like.

Is that the guy by Wilkos in Morriston?
lunch in Swansea on 20:45 - Mar 15 with 3979 viewsJackfath

lunch in Swansea on 20:44 - Mar 15 by csf

Is that the guy by Wilkos in Morriston?

Delicious and enough moneyleft in your poscket to treat her to an ice-cream after.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

lunch in Swansea on 20:45 - Mar 15 with 3977 viewsperchrockjack

My ma s is good.

Corned beef, salmon, sardines and stew...all out of a tin.

Nice garden in killay

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

lunch in Swansea on 20:46 - Mar 15 with 3967 viewscsf

lunch in Swansea on 20:45 - Mar 15 by Jackfath

Delicious and enough moneyleft in your poscket to treat her to an ice-cream after.

And I can walk there from mine, so can have a can on the bench.
Login to get fewer ads

lunch in Swansea on 20:48 - Mar 15 with 3958 viewsJackfath

lunch in Swansea on 20:46 - Mar 15 by csf

And I can walk there from mine, so can have a can on the bench.

Have a few - bound to impress the good lady wife.

lunch in Swansea on 21:01 - Mar 15 with 3910 viewsSwanzay

Medeira in Swansea has been superb every time Ive been there for lunch.

http://www.madeirarestaurantswansea.co.uk/
lunch in Swansea on 21:17 - Mar 15 with 3862 viewsleighton1318

Castellamare or Langlands
lunch in Swansea on 22:10 - Mar 15 with 3783 viewsLord_Bony

Personally,I've had enough of pretentious,stuck up restraunts, I've overdone it the last year.

Don't know what it is about the place but I've been drawn in a lot by McDonald's lately. Never used to must be a fad I'm going through,but I just love it there with my youngest,reading the paper or tablet while he does his colouring or whatever...so relaxing.
So yeah,back to basics take her to McDonald's for a surprise...I'm luvin it ..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

lunch in Swansea on 22:39 - Mar 15 with 3723 viewsjackportis

Mermaid in mumbles is good they do allow dogs in there however and the owner appears to b a bit of a Lumux other than that nice food but not the cheapest.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

lunch in Swansea on 22:44 - Mar 15 with 3715 viewsSwanzay

lunch in Swansea on 22:10 - Mar 15 by Lord_Bony

Personally,I've had enough of pretentious,stuck up restraunts, I've overdone it the last year.

Don't know what it is about the place but I've been drawn in a lot by McDonald's lately. Never used to must be a fad I'm going through,but I just love it there with my youngest,reading the paper or tablet while he does his colouring or whatever...so relaxing.
So yeah,back to basics take her to McDonald's for a surprise...I'm luvin it ..

i cant stand pretentious restaurants, La Parrilla, La Braz etc, to highlight this me and Er Indoors were in Caernarfon over the weekend.
Er Indoors chose where to eat on the 1st night. Any way she chose a place which looked nice, we say down and then got presented with the menu.
£19 for an 8oz sirloin steak or £16 for lamb, I just flipped as I could not justify the price for the food one offer, mainly a plate of chips and veg etc.
How the feck can they get away with selling an 8oz sirloin for £19 quid? (probably from Aldi).
I walked and ended up with a lovely chinese takeaway from the local takeaway.

lunch in Swansea on 22:48 - Mar 15 with 3699 viewsDarran

lunch in Swansea on 22:44 - Mar 15 by Swanzay

i cant stand pretentious restaurants, La Parrilla, La Braz etc, to highlight this me and Er Indoors were in Caernarfon over the weekend.
Er Indoors chose where to eat on the 1st night. Any way she chose a place which looked nice, we say down and then got presented with the menu.
£19 for an 8oz sirloin steak or £16 for lamb, I just flipped as I could not justify the price for the food one offer, mainly a plate of chips and veg etc.
How the feck can they get away with selling an 8oz sirloin for £19 quid? (probably from Aldi).

La Parilla isn't pretentious I like it there the chips are lush.

Sweet story though brought a tear to my eye.

lunch in Swansea on 22:54 - Mar 15 with 3689 viewsSwanzay

lunch in Swansea on 22:48 - Mar 15 by Darran

La Parilla isn't pretentious I like it there the chips are lush.

Sweet story though brought a tear to my eye.

La Parilla is right up your street isn't! #pretentioustw@

lunch in Swansea on 22:55 - Mar 15 with 3680 viewsDarran

lunch in Swansea on 22:54 - Mar 15 by Swanzay

La Parilla is right up your street isn't! #pretentioustw@

No seriously La Parilla is perfect for lunching,I bet you've never been there.

lunch in Swansea on 23:01 - Mar 15 with 3667 viewsLord_Bony

I think most of us have been there and done that mate.

I went to a restraunt a while back and a little piece of steak cost £26 it had a squiggle of sauce on it and some other crafted pretty things on the plate...chips were extra btw..it looked ever so pretty but fk me it was small...

I felt ripped off and the chairs were all huddled together so no privacy when talking....meh,give me McDonald's any day.

Anyone been in Gordon Ramsey's gaff in London,now that really is pretentious ...and a bloody horrible experience for the money..

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

lunch in Swansea on 23:05 - Mar 15 with 3654 viewsSwanzay

lunch in Swansea on 22:55 - Mar 15 by Darran

Of course Ive been there, one thing that it has over La Braz is that they serve beer there and here in lies the problem with both.
LP from memory charge around £4.50 a pint where as La B doesn't serve beer at all, what the feck is that about, pretentious as feck!
Its also awash with Swansea peeps who think its the place to be seen, when in reality who gives a feck!

It just shows how much of a timewarp swansea is in and cash cow both are to the inept of Swansea.
lunch in Swansea on 23:06 - Mar 15 with 3648 viewsWarwickHunt

You spoil that girl.
lunch in Swansea on 23:08 - Mar 15 with 3637 viewsDarran

lunch in Swansea on 23:05 - Mar 15 by Swanzay

Of course Ive been there, one thing that it has over La Braz is that they serve beer there and here in lies the problem with both.
LP from memory charge around £4.50 a pint where as La B doesn't serve beer at all, what the feck is that about, pretentious as feck!
Its also awash with Swansea peeps who think its the place to be seen, when in reality who gives a feck!

It just shows how much of a timewarp swansea is in and cash cow both are to the inept of Swansea.

Best meal I've had in years was in this place a few months ago.

https://www.hotelduvin.com/locations/bristol/

lunch in Swansea on 23:11 - Mar 15 with 3637 viewsSwanzay

lunch in Swansea on 23:08 - Mar 15 by Darran

Best meal I've had in years was in this place a few months ago.

https://www.hotelduvin.com/locations/bristol/

Yes another wonder pretentious place, the food is very good there though, thankfully every time Ive been there work has paid for it.
lunch in Swansea on 23:13 - Mar 15 with 3628 viewsDarran

lunch in Swansea on 23:11 - Mar 15 by Swanzay

Yes another wonder pretentious place, the food is very good there though, thankfully every time Ive been there work has paid for it.

It's awesome we've been there three times.

lunch in Swansea on 23:14 - Mar 15 with 3631 viewsSwanzay

There are some cracking restaurants in Briz, spoilt for choice, especially the non chain ones on Gloucester Road, for next time your in the vacinity.
lunch in Swansea on 23:22 - Mar 15 with 3619 viewsLord_Bony

lunch in Swansea on 22:55 - Mar 15 by Darran

When is best for one to go lunching at La Parila darling?

Pretentious? Moi ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024