Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Round up all of the religious leaders... 11:54 - Mar 22 with 3143 viewsscottishjack

...all of them from around the world!

Stick them in a room together, stick a couple of mediators in there, and don't let them out until they find a common ground. Get a united message from them all, even if it's along the lines of "we agree to disagree! But let's all stop killing each other eh?"

Our governments aren't going to stop these terrorist acts, the "war on terror?" Isn't working, if it's religion that's causing all this mayhem in the world, and the leaders genuinely condemn all these acts, then it's down to those leaders to unite and sort this mess out.

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 11:58 - Mar 22 with 3135 viewsLohengrin

What has islamic terrorism got to do with Welsh Congregationalism or Scots Presbyterianism?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:00 - Mar 22 with 3129 viewsWarwickHunt

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 11:58 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

What has islamic terrorism got to do with Welsh Congregationalism or Scots Presbyterianism?

A belief system rooted in medieval ignorance?
Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:10 - Mar 22 with 3104 viewsscottishjack

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 11:58 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

Doesn't matter, if they are the head of an organised religion, they get locked in with the others till they find a common ground...
Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:20 - Mar 22 with 3081 viewsraynor94

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:10 - Mar 22 by scottishjack

Doesn't matter, if they are the head of an organised religion, they get locked in with the others till they find a common ground...

Shia and Sunni? they have a hatred going back centuries, it will be a long meeting!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:23 - Mar 22 with 3073 viewsscottishjack

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:20 - Mar 22 by raynor94

Shia and Sunni? they have a hatred going back centuries, it will be a long meeting!

As long as it takes...
Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:23 - Mar 22 with 3073 viewsmonmouth

Also religion is just a convenient excuse and vehicle of death, no longer a root cause.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:25 - Mar 22 with 3064 viewsraynor94

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:23 - Mar 22 by scottishjack

As long as it takes...

Let's be serious mun!

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:27 - Mar 22 with 3058 viewsSwanjack10

Great post scottish jack,the terrorists are winning and the war should have ,could have been dealt with decades ago,frigid leaders of great countries just brushing these sick acts under the carpet ,all they say is "terrorism will never win,don't let it affect our lives"ffs why do we have special forces ,marines etc ?there is no answer now as its been to way to long,this is the start of ww3 which should have been nipped at the bud,act of religion"no"its all down to coin which leads me to believe the holdback of all nations especially uk and us.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Login to get fewer ads

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:34 - Mar 22 with 3040 viewsscottishjack

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:25 - Mar 22 by raynor94

Let's be serious mun!

Okay, point taken. But I honestly think, if the organised religions of the world could find a way to stand together and just say "Stop it!" It would have an effect?

Governments are powerless in this, religion seems to be the driving force? Or, as mentioned above, it might well be just an excuse, I don't know?
Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:56 - Mar 22 with 3013 viewsraynor94

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:34 - Mar 22 by scottishjack

Okay, point taken. But I honestly think, if the organised religions of the world could find a way to stand together and just say "Stop it!" It would have an effect?

Governments are powerless in this, religion seems to be the driving force? Or, as mentioned above, it might well be just an excuse, I don't know?

I admire your sentiments, and wish what you say could happen, but in reality we are light years away from world peace

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 13:57 - Mar 22 with 2962 viewsBatterseajack

If god could just reveal himself once and for all and tell his believers to chill out, that would help
Round up all of the religious leaders... on 14:04 - Mar 22 with 2952 viewsFlashberryjack

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:10 - Mar 22 by scottishjack

And invite a couple of suicide bombers to argue their case..
Virgins all round.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 14:16 - Mar 22 with 2933 viewstomdickharry

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:27 - Mar 22 by Swanjack10

Great post scottish jack,the terrorists are winning and the war should have ,could have been dealt with decades ago,frigid leaders of great countries just brushing these sick acts under the carpet ,all they say is "terrorism will never win,don't let it affect our lives"ffs why do we have special forces ,marines etc ?there is no answer now as its been to way to long,this is the start of ww3 which should have been nipped at the bud,act of religion"no"its all down to coin which leads me to believe the holdback of all nations especially uk and us.

There is one nation these terrorists don't mess around with,Israel.
Round up all of the religious leaders... on 14:19 - Mar 22 with 2930 viewsLord_Bony

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 13:57 - Mar 22 by Batterseajack

If god could just reveal himself once and for all and tell his believers to chill out, that would help

It would solve.a.lot.of.problems if the true one and only messiah or God.head came forward so we could finally find out which team was right..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 14:27 - Mar 22 with 2919 viewsHighjack

They seemed to get on when they were singing I got you babe.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 14:29 - Mar 22 with 2913 viewsLohengrin

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 12:00 - Mar 22 by WarwickHunt

A belief system rooted in medieval ignorance?

No Gospel = no Gospel Music. Not a world I'd care to live in.

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 15:10 - Mar 22 with 2877 viewsicecoldjack

Shame the likes of Christopher Hitchens isn't around anymore to put the Religious firmly in their place

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 15:12 - Mar 22 with 2870 viewsLohengrin

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 15:10 - Mar 22 by icecoldjack

Shame the likes of Christopher Hitchens isn't around anymore to put the Religious firmly in their place

Why not go the whole hog and wish Stalin was still around to put Christians in their place?

Put them in their place...

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 15:24 - Mar 22 with 2848 viewsLohengrin

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 14:16 - Mar 22 by tomdickharry

There is one nation these terrorists don't mess around with,Israel.

Except for all the bombings, shootings and stabbings on an almost weekly basis?

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 15:37 - Mar 22 with 2829 viewsicecoldjack

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 15:12 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

Why not go the whole hog and wish Stalin was still around to put Christians in their place?

Put them in their place...

Nah, Hitch does it better,especially as he was only armed with Jonnie Walker Black and superior intellect ..

Legend..

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 15:41 - Mar 22 with 2824 viewsLohengrin

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 15:37 - Mar 22 by icecoldjack

Nah, Hitch does it better,especially as he was only armed with Jonnie Walker Black and superior intellect ..

Legend..

He's fun to listen to, I'll grant you that. He was also the neo-con's pet mouthpiece and an ardent and outspoken supporter of the Bush adminsitration and of its invasion of Iraq.

That's quite a journey from the Semitic Trotskyite he'd been in his student days.

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 16:21 - Mar 22 with 2791 viewsicecoldjack

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 15:41 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

He's fun to listen to, I'll grant you that. He was also the neo-con's pet mouthpiece and an ardent and outspoken supporter of the Bush adminsitration and of its invasion of Iraq.

That's quite a journey from the Semitic Trotskyite he'd been in his student days.

To a degree yes, but his belief on Iraq and supporting the policy of the Bush administration was based on the job being done correctly with no vacuum of power and 100% support,he prophesied all that is happening now if those things wern't done correctly .

Though he moved away from his political roots as he grew older IMO i'm not quite sure he was a pet of the Neo cons, i think the events of post 9/11 america and the hounding of his friend salmon rushdi tainted him to a certain extent .
though the following text probably gives more balance to his politics

"Hitchens liked to claim that a single intellectual thread united his positions, namely opposition to “totalitarianism”: “The totalitarian, to me, is the enemy – the one that’s absolute, the one that wants control over the inside of your head, not just your actions and your taxes.”
Round up all of the religious leaders... on 16:36 - Mar 22 with 2772 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 14:29 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

No Gospel = no Gospel Music. Not a world I'd care to live in.

Would that mean less ghetto warbling of scales by no marks on The X Voice Talent Factor?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 16:42 - Mar 22 with 2768 viewsLohengrin

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 16:36 - Mar 22 by NeiltheTaylor

Would that mean less ghetto warbling of scales by no marks on The X Voice Talent Factor?

I'm happy to put the crap on mute because Gospel leads to vocals like this...

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 16:58 - Mar 22 with 2755 viewsWarwickHunt

Round up all of the religious leaders... on 16:36 - Mar 22 by NeiltheTaylor

Melisma abuse or, as the great Jerry Wexler memorably dubbed it, oversouling.
A bit like flash, speed merchant guitar players who have no taste or idea of phrasing.

Cardinal sin. Real soul and gospel singers know how and when to use it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024