Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
miler bolanos anyone? 10:43 - Mar 23 with 8765 viewscrix

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10215488/swansea-in-talks-to-sign-e

apparently we are in talks to get him.
1. does that mean the board already have the person in mind to take control of the team next season and are getting players he wants?
2. or is this an appointment by our current 'director of football' err... I mean chairman?

i hope its the first one.
miler bolanos anyone? on 10:45 - Mar 23 with 6655 viewsjasper_T

An Ecuadorian who has been linked to Championship clubs.

Reaching for the skies there.
miler bolanos anyone? on 11:17 - Mar 23 with 6568 viewsblaine_scfc

Jeff will be warning him off probably.
miler bolanos anyone? on 11:19 - Mar 23 with 6567 viewsFlashberryjack

miler bolanos anyone? on 10:45 - Mar 23 by jasper_T

An Ecuadorian who has been linked to Championship clubs.

Reaching for the skies there.

£6 million deal done, ccording to one of this mornings rags.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

miler bolanos anyone? on 11:40 - Mar 23 with 6526 viewsSheffieldjack

If this is a done deal then I hope he's been signed as a second / third choice striker - assuming we're going to keep Paloschi. It means that the signing of our first choice forward needs to be a real statement of intent - someone of the calibre of Bony. Anything less means we're headed for trouble....
miler bolanos anyone? on 11:59 - Mar 23 with 6489 viewsPegojack

miler bolanos anyone? on 11:40 - Mar 23 by Sheffieldjack

If this is a done deal then I hope he's been signed as a second / third choice striker - assuming we're going to keep Paloschi. It means that the signing of our first choice forward needs to be a real statement of intent - someone of the calibre of Bony. Anything less means we're headed for trouble....

Don't worry, mate, he'll soon be labelled a 'one trick pony' and banished to the U21's.
miler bolanos anyone? on 12:00 - Mar 23 with 6482 viewsdougie

miler bolanos anyone? on 11:40 - Mar 23 by Sheffieldjack

This guy looks a number 10 not the frontline striker
miler bolanos anyone? on 12:14 - Mar 23 with 6446 viewsThornburyswan

Decent scoring record with 6 in 12 for Ecuador & 69 in 222 at club level (he only scored 22 in his first 117 matches so clearly improving) & the 'type' of signing I would expect us to look for BUT does seem more of a Huw call (from his recent South American trip clearly!) than anyone else.
miler bolanos anyone? on 12:33 - Mar 23 with 6379 viewsjack247

miler bolanos anyone? on 12:00 - Mar 23 by dougie

That is a position we need a back up (assuming Gylfi stays and Ayew goes). I'd have thought Paloschi could do that though, I know he wants to emulate Inzaghi, but he seems more like a #10 than a goal poacher anyway.

Having said that we were linked to Chris Coleman yesterday, it will probably be Hal Robson-Kanu again tomorrow. It's international break week.
Login to get fewer ads

miler bolanos anyone? on 13:20 - Mar 23 with 6266 viewsvetchonian

This smacks of our "bargain basement£ shopping hoping we will unearth a gem.Guess we have some "scouting" links out there which is where Jeff came from I suppose.
Wouldnt think that we have the new manager in place yet (unless a deal done with BR)

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

miler bolanos anyone? on 13:51 - Mar 23 with 6188 viewsjasper_T

Guidolin is the manager. Presumptuous to assume otherwise imo.
miler bolanos anyone? on 14:09 - Mar 23 with 6148 viewsWarwickHunt

miler bolanos anyone? on 13:20 - Mar 23 by vetchonian

This smacks of our "bargain basement£ shopping hoping we will unearth a gem.Guess we have some "scouting" links out there which is where Jeff came from I suppose.
Wouldnt think that we have the new manager in place yet (unless a deal done with BR)

We saw Montero when he played against us at the Liberty...
miler bolanos anyone? on 14:42 - Mar 23 with 6066 viewscrix

miler bolanos anyone? on 13:51 - Mar 23 by jasper_T

Guidolin is the manager. Presumptuous to assume otherwise imo.

ofc it is. however if there is any truth in this report (I know transfer rumours don't mean sh!t most of the time) it does beg the question is the managerial situation already sorted for next season.
miler bolanos anyone? on 14:49 - Mar 23 with 6049 viewsHugeEnkins

Anyone know for the customary YouTube link of his goals and all that? (too lazy, me).

Ok, I've shaped up...

[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 14:50]
miler bolanos anyone? on 15:47 - Mar 23 with 5948 viewsoldcob

He's only 5foot 7 by all accounts, but looks like he has spring in his heels. 5 foot 7 who can jump is better than a 6 footer who can't.
miler bolanos anyone? on 15:59 - Mar 23 with 5914 viewsJackanapes

miler bolanos anyone? on 15:47 - Mar 23 by oldcob

He's only 5foot 7 by all accounts, but looks like he has spring in his heels. 5 foot 7 who can jump is better than a 6 footer who can't.

Unless he can only jump 4".

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

miler bolanos anyone? on 16:17 - Mar 23 with 5871 viewsHugeEnkins

miler bolanos anyone? on 15:59 - Mar 23 by Jackanapes

Unless he can only jump 4".

No, it's white men who can't jump, as is my understanding of the 1992 film.
miler bolanos anyone? on 16:42 - Mar 23 with 5811 viewsFar_Post

It is no secret that we need more goals in the team, Eder and Gomis have simply not delivered and Paloschi, Ayew and this guy may give us better options if we can keep hold of Ayew.

In midfield, Gylfi is a solid 8-10 goal a season player now if you can keep him fit,

What we desperately need to improve on is goals from wide areas as none of our existing wingers are scoring on a regular basis, Barrow you would expect to provide a few more next year if he continues to develop.

Montero: 2 goals in 51 appearances
Routledge: 17 goals in 176 appearances
Barrow: 2 goals in 33 appearances

Blog: The C Word

miler bolanos anyone? on 16:44 - Mar 23 with 5804 viewsmonmouth

miler bolanos anyone? on 14:42 - Mar 23 by crix

ofc it is. however if there is any truth in this report (I know transfer rumours don't mean sh!t most of the time) it does beg the question is the managerial situation already sorted for next season.

I bloody well hope it is sorted in terms of certainty of options and cut off dates by now and we aren't going to get another omnishambles.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

miler bolanos anyone? on 16:58 - Mar 23 with 5765 viewsjack247

miler bolanos anyone? on 16:42 - Mar 23 by Far_Post

It is no secret that we need more goals in the team, Eder and Gomis have simply not delivered and Paloschi, Ayew and this guy may give us better options if we can keep hold of Ayew.

In midfield, Gylfi is a solid 8-10 goal a season player now if you can keep him fit,

What we desperately need to improve on is goals from wide areas as none of our existing wingers are scoring on a regular basis, Barrow you would expect to provide a few more next year if he continues to develop.

Montero: 2 goals in 51 appearances
Routledge: 17 goals in 176 appearances
Barrow: 2 goals in 33 appearances

We never really have. Dyer, Hernandez, Routledge, Sinclair (in the PL) have all chipped in with the odd one here and there, but it's never been a regular source of goals. Last player to score regularly from out wide was Sinclair in the Championship.

What we do need from the wingers is chance creation. Whether that is with Barrow and Montero crossing to a target man, or Ayew/Routledge and Barrow or a new winger making runs off the central attacking players will depend on what style we look to play.

The biggest issue is transitioning quickly from defence to attack. Much harder to breakdown a team that have had time to reset themselves.
miler bolanos anyone? on 17:03 - Mar 23 with 5751 viewsmonmouth

There's no way we won't try and cash in on Ayew. I can't believe anyone thinks a) he would want to stay or b) we would not prefer the money.

As to playing style, laudrup circa august 2012 would still do nicely thank you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

miler bolanos anyone? on 17:06 - Mar 23 with 5746 viewsjack247

miler bolanos anyone? on 17:03 - Mar 23 by monmouth

There's no way we won't try and cash in on Ayew. I can't believe anyone thinks a) he would want to stay or b) we would not prefer the money.

As to playing style, laudrup circa august 2012 would still do nicely thank you.

He is probably our most saleable asset and the one most likely to want to go. Let's replace him out wide with one of the current players in the squad (alleviating the shape issues) and replace his goals by spending his transfer fee on a competent striker.
miler bolanos anyone? on 17:08 - Mar 23 with 5740 viewsicecoldjack

Hmm.. Surely with the uncertainty regarding ourstatusand the manager this being anywhere near a done deal will be asking for more of the same like Eder,tabanou,emnes etc ?

Unless Brendan has given the nod and wink and we are actively recruiting for him?

We look to have just enough to escape this season but any more cheap option signings could well be a huge problem next season.
As pointed out by other posters, we need to seriously invest in quality to stay in it,laudrup mentioned that you need to spend money just to stand still in this league and I've seen nothing so far to suggest that statement is wrong.

Knocking out £5m signings on 3 yr deals pushing 20k a week looks to be fast turning into a false economy for us, bony cost big money and went for bigger money! Siggy was 10m and looks every inch worth the money, and will return his investment plus more if sold on there is logic in spending
big on the right players .

Laudrup was able to tap into the Spanish market and get players here because of who he was, that cerium navigated some over paying and we were lucky he had an eye for a player in that respect .

Getting quality will pay its way, Sunderland would probably be down already if they didn't have a proven quality player in Defoe , I don't think it's rocket science !

Let's not fritter away on gambles lets at least try and sign 2 top quality players that we know the manager actively wants!

Our system of signing players as a club IMO hasn't been awesome with only barrow looking likely to fulfill his potential.

Emnes
Grimes
Mcburnie
Fulton
Bartley
Tabanou
Gomis
Eder
Ngog

Ain't been the wisest choices, though I respect the fact that some of those ain't had a fair crack of the whip .

Buy cheap buy twice, it's an old saying but it rings true .
miler bolanos anyone? on 17:15 - Mar 23 with 5718 viewsDr_Winston

Getting the managerial and coaching staff right matters far more than how much we spend on players. A properly managed and coached team is capable of punching far above its weight on the pitch.

I expect to see that confirmed before we sign any players, otherwise that's a signal that lessons haven't been learned.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

miler bolanos anyone? on 17:19 - Mar 23 with 5706 viewsEdmundo

miler bolanos anyone? on 12:00 - Mar 23 by dougie

5ft 7"......they grow them short in Ecuador 😂

Well we don't rely on crosses into the box, so hopefully got the skill to get behind defences or just beat them for pace👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

miler bolanos anyone? on 19:12 - Mar 23 with 5587 viewsOldjack

So who's behind this buy then ? Curt Brenda Franco Hubert ,warra a pile of crap we're not even safe yet

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024