Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skewen 15:49 - Apr 7 with 8158 viewstaffpunk

I know I should probably be posting this on AA's site, as there's always people on there saying how these areas are 'Mostly Blue' , but I thought I'd try here instead. I'm going to watch my local Egg team in the 1/4 final of the Cup here on Saturday, any decent Pubs/Clubs in the town/village, will be stopping for a couple of hours before and after game, any recommendations. Also, is the clubhouse by the field, can you swig while the games on etc...will it be safe to wear my Bluebirds pin badge, or will the Skewen Boot Boys be prowling the streets, looking for Ystrad Rhondda blood?
Any advice gratefully received...
[Post edited 7 Apr 2016 15:49]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:11 - Apr 7 with 5354 viewsWarwickHunt

Nah, you'll be alright...

According to Lakey, the whole of Wales apart from pockets of SA1 is "staunch Bluebird."

Wear your colours with pride.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2016 16:13]
Skewen on 18:52 - Apr 7 with 5214 viewscimlajack

Zafran Indian restaurant is a little special

Google it
Skewen on 18:56 - Apr 7 with 5206 viewsDarran

Skewen on 18:52 - Apr 7 by cimlajack

Zafran Indian restaurant is a little special

Google it

Just stay out of the Cimla innit?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Skewen on 19:07 - Apr 7 with 5192 viewsHighjack

Rugby club is right next to the pitch, failing that the travellers well is probably closest, then you got the Colliers which is quite nice these days.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Skewen on 19:21 - Apr 7 with 5161 viewsHighjack

There's also crecis where you can experience the best ice cream in the whole skewen area, there is a taffy's if you want a hair cut and a happy homes furnishers in case you want to buy some skirting boards. Skewen offers a fun day out for all the family whatever the weather.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Skewen on 19:26 - Apr 7 with 5158 viewsbonymine

Skewen on 19:07 - Apr 7 by Highjack

Rugby club is right next to the pitch, failing that the travellers well is probably closest, then you got the Colliers which is quite nice these days.

Traveller's is Mark Hartson's pub isn't it ?

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Skewen on 19:29 - Apr 7 with 5143 viewsHighjack

Skewen on 19:26 - Apr 7 by bonymine

Traveller's is Mark Hartson's pub isn't it ?

Not sure, it was done out relatively recently and I think there's new management but it used to be a big swans pub.

Skewen on 19:51 - Apr 7 with 5108 viewsSwaneeRiver

You'll have no trouble from us decent folk of Skewen. Just avoid Caewathen Estate or take your shotgun ! (Only joking - lots of nice folk living there)
Rugby club is great for watching the game (not that I do - wrong shape see) and does a decent Guinness. Also shows Sky matches, etc and used to have entertainment on occasions (not sure if they do now)
Enjoy and welcome to Skewen anyway
Login to get fewer ads

Skewen on 20:24 - Apr 7 with 5061 viewsHighjack

Skewen on 19:51 - Apr 7 by SwaneeRiver

You'll have no trouble from us decent folk of Skewen. Just avoid Caewathen Estate or take your shotgun ! (Only joking - lots of nice folk living there)
Rugby club is great for watching the game (not that I do - wrong shape see) and does a decent Guinness. Also shows Sky matches, etc and used to have entertainment on occasions (not sure if they do now)
Enjoy and welcome to Skewen anyway

They used to do blue light discos there when I was in school as a way of keeping kids off the streets and out of trouble. I fingered a girl for the first time just to stage left in the main function room, up against the curtain. Good times.

Skewen on 20:46 - Apr 7 with 5021 viewsSwaneeRiver

Skewen on 20:24 - Apr 7 by Highjack

They used to do blue light discos there when I was in school as a way of keeping kids off the streets and out of trouble. I fingered a girl for the first time just to stage left in the main function room, up against the curtain. Good times.

You living or used to live up this way then ? If so, did you go to one of the local education establishments ? (Hillside doesn't count ! )
Skewen on 21:04 - Apr 7 with 4993 viewstaffpunk

Cheers one and all, ta for the helpful advice. I will check out the Pubs mentioned, won't have time for a haircut, don't really want an ice cream, but will check out the plaque in the club, '[girl's name unknown]... was fingered here'.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Skewen on 21:16 - Apr 7 with 4963 viewsHighjack

Skewen on 20:46 - Apr 7 by SwaneeRiver

You living or used to live up this way then ? If so, did you go to one of the local education establishments ? (Hillside doesn't count ! )

Yes skewen born and bred I went to coedffranc and everything.

Skewen on 22:20 - Apr 7 with 4902 viewsSwaneeRiver

Skewen on 21:16 - Apr 7 by Highjack

Was that when it was separate Boys & Girls Schools ?
Skewen on 22:28 - Apr 7 with 4889 viewsowainglyndwr

Skewen on 21:16 - Apr 7 by Highjack

Was Anals puppy Carl Curis in school with you ?
Skewen on 01:22 - Apr 8 with 4808 viewsLoyal

Skewen on 21:04 - Apr 7 by taffpunk

Cheers one and all, ta for the helpful advice. I will check out the Pubs mentioned, won't have time for a haircut, don't really want an ice cream, but will check out the plaque in the club, '[girl's name unknown]... was fingered here'.

Don't go to Bridgend Taff, it's all jacks nowadays.

Plenty of young uns knocking round Barry too with swans tops, how times have changed.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Skewen on 07:54 - Apr 8 with 4743 viewstaffpunk

Good luck to them, things like that don't bother me in the slightest. These 'glory hunter' type supporters will mostly soon bugger off if you drop out of the top League for more than one season. Both our team's supports are very similar unfortunately, as past fluctuating crowds have shown all too well. Looking forward to my day out in Skewen.

Skewen on 10:32 - Apr 8 with 4673 viewsHighjack

Skewen on 22:20 - Apr 7 by SwaneeRiver

Was that when it was separate Boys & Girls Schools ?

Bog off I'm not that old you cheeky twunt
[Post edited 8 Apr 2016 10:33]

Skewen on 11:42 - Apr 8 with 4641 viewsLoyal

Skewen on 07:54 - Apr 8 by taffpunk

Good luck to them, things like that don't bother me in the slightest. These 'glory hunter' type supporters will mostly soon bugger off if you drop out of the top League for more than one season. Both our team's supports are very similar unfortunately, as past fluctuating crowds have shown all too well. Looking forward to my day out in Skewen.

One of the most level headed forum dwellers for many a day.

Edit, I was speaking to Cobley the other day, has nothing but good things to say about you 👍
[Post edited 8 Apr 2016 11:44]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Skewen on 12:22 - Apr 8 with 4611 viewsbazzool

Skewen on 19:21 - Apr 7 by Highjack

There's also crecis where you can experience the best ice cream in the whole skewen area, there is a taffy's if you want a hair cut and a happy homes furnishers in case you want to buy some skirting boards. Skewen offers a fun day out for all the family whatever the weather.

You live in skewen and you'd rather go to taffys for a haircut rather than good old kens lol, excellent stories and also a good haircut :-) my gran lived in caewarthen parc y deri till she popped it, i love the place
Skewen on 12:37 - Apr 8 with 4596 viewsSwaneeRiver

Skewen on 12:22 - Apr 8 by bazzool

You live in skewen and you'd rather go to taffys for a haircut rather than good old kens lol, excellent stories and also a good haircut :-) my gran lived in caewarthen parc y deri till she popped it, i love the place

The Turkish barber by Cresci's is the place to go, then nip in Tom's Plaice for a lovely Fish & Chips
Skewen on 12:50 - Apr 8 with 4578 viewsbazzool

Is the knocking shop still above the car sales lol
Skewen on 12:52 - Apr 8 with 4572 viewsHighjack

Skewen on 12:50 - Apr 8 by bazzool

I wouldn't know about such filth.

Skewen on 12:54 - Apr 8 with 4569 viewsSwaneeRiver

Skewen on 12:50 - Apr 8 by bazzool

I believe so - never been there myself (honest!) , but it still looks as if they are doing business there (and i don't mean selling cars ! )
Skewen on 12:57 - Apr 8 with 4557 viewsHighjack

That car sales place is dodgy as hell too, they had Mercedes and jags for sale for about £400.

Skewen on 12:59 - Apr 8 with 4556 viewsbazzool

Looked a bit run down though last time i went past anyway,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024