Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A rare positive post ! 11:45 - Apr 12 with 1873 viewsBarryTownSwam

"Give us the grace to accept the things we cannot change and the grace to change what we can"

Come on guys & gals. I fully understand the doubts and negative outlook regarding the latest takeover news. No one on this board wants a deal that weakens our club and puts at risk all the club has achieved in recent history BUT my take on this is one of rare positivity on this board. We have no choice or say in anything to do with the major Swans ownership. Swans cannot continue in our present format and our club will have a chNge of ownership st some point - if not this takeover attempt maybe the next, or the next ! why worry about things we cannot control & trust that things will continue to go well. Be positive - We are in Premier League next season. Be positive - we all have our individual views on who our manager should be next season but there are lots of top class managers out there who would love to manage us - when was the last time Swans had so much choice of top class managers? I accept the worries about our clubs futures but my stance is more positive - we don't really know what tomorrow brings in our own lives (which we have some level of control over) yet alone that of our club (which we have no control over). We won't expand or buy the stadium for the foreseeable future under the present ownership but a takeover might make this reality. There is no guarantee we'll stay up next season whoever owns the club. There's no guarantee we'll keep the players we wish to keep, or sign the players we'd like to bring in whatever the ownership. Try and be positive eh? I feel supporting the Swans is a privilege, it's supposed to be fun.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2016 11:56]
A rare positive post ! on 11:50 - Apr 12 with 1861 viewsshandyjack

'Swans cannot continue in our present format'

care to elaborate, i'd say we are going along swimmingly, only problem is some board members want to make hay while the sun shines and this new tv deal has it shining brighter than ever

Poll: Expectation for the season

A rare positive post ! on 11:54 - Apr 12 with 1845 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Get Real.
A rare positive post ! on 11:56 - Apr 12 with 1833 viewsairedale

I'm sort of resigned to it now. We [as supporters] have had an ideal scenario for over 10 years, where we've had fans running the club for us, but nothing lasts for ever, especially in professional football.

Let's hope we enjoy the ride. Whatever happens there'll always be the Swans.
A rare positive post ! on 12:15 - Apr 12 with 1797 viewsmax936

A rare positive post ! on 11:56 - Apr 12 by airedale

I'm sort of resigned to it now. We [as supporters] have had an ideal scenario for over 10 years, where we've had fans running the club for us, but nothing lasts for ever, especially in professional football.

Let's hope we enjoy the ride. Whatever happens there'll always be the Swans.

I'm beginning to wonder if they were all genuine fans, l don't think genuine fans would sell the club to any Jonny come lately, without a thought of what they would bring to the table and with assurances on the future of Swansea City.
There silence from the club is deafening, Leigh Dineen frequents this forum apparently, so come on Leigh let's get the facts out on the table and explain as to what the future holds.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

A rare positive post ! on 12:24 - Apr 12 with 1780 viewsPrivate_Partz

A rare positive post ! on 12:15 - Apr 12 by max936

I'm beginning to wonder if they were all genuine fans, l don't think genuine fans would sell the club to any Jonny come lately, without a thought of what they would bring to the table and with assurances on the future of Swansea City.
There silence from the club is deafening, Leigh Dineen frequents this forum apparently, so come on Leigh let's get the facts out on the table and explain as to what the future holds.

How big a fan would you need to be not to see your £50k becoming £1m? My pal would put the club first in such circumstances. I am afraid I can't fall into that category. I would do my best to ensure the buyer is good for the club but I would take the money and I am third generation and we have supported the club since it was formed.
Having said that the supporters are in a very different position from the shareholders and therfore the reactions will be entirely different here. I am concerned and sceptical at the moment even though can understand those cashing in even though I don't agree with it as a fan.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

A rare positive post ! on 12:41 - Apr 12 with 1738 viewsswan65split

Agree , silence speaks volumes, and no real fan would want to sell out, and to make a point, "there will always be a Swans"......sell to USA , and if the dream trip we have been on starts to fall apart, ...........oooooops the Swans are dumped and its the first plane back to Uncle Sam.
A rare positive post ! on 12:42 - Apr 12 with 1734 viewslegoman

To my simple brain, we could either be taken over by a billionaire "sugar daddy" a la Abramovich who will be happy to take more of a watching brief, or it will be by a business minded consortium who will clearly want to turn a profit. It's one or the other, and I agree with others on here, we cannot continue as we are - money talks in the PL and we simply don't have the financial resources at this time to buy the players needed to kick on and to buy and expand the stadium.

As for who we choose to sell to, I am not going to presume that I know better than HJ and in my opinion I don't think he will deliberately act to the detriment of the club. That is not blind loyalty by the way, just my opinion. There is an awful lot of speculation on this forum from people who I suspect simply don't know the facts, including myself.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

A rare positive post ! on 13:26 - Apr 12 with 1681 viewsmax936

A rare positive post ! on 12:42 - Apr 12 by legoman

To my simple brain, we could either be taken over by a billionaire "sugar daddy" a la Abramovich who will be happy to take more of a watching brief, or it will be by a business minded consortium who will clearly want to turn a profit. It's one or the other, and I agree with others on here, we cannot continue as we are - money talks in the PL and we simply don't have the financial resources at this time to buy the players needed to kick on and to buy and expand the stadium.

As for who we choose to sell to, I am not going to presume that I know better than HJ and in my opinion I don't think he will deliberately act to the detriment of the club. That is not blind loyalty by the way, just my opinion. There is an awful lot of speculation on this forum from people who I suspect simply don't know the facts, including myself.

Fair post, but it's the silence that's causing this alarm, the only really facts we know are that this is happening and this Leven fellas record doesn't look a good one, the fact the shareholders want to sell out is fine, but it's got to be to someone who's got the most qualities suitable to run OUR club, all well and good them leaving Huw in place, but is that just to win hearts and minds over, if it is its not working so far, it's the silence that kills you, if you get my drift

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

A rare positive post ! on 13:33 - Apr 12 with 1645 viewsBigPhilG

Leigh Dineen hasn't said anything on Twitter either and usually he's very active. The thing is that these yanks are saying Huw Henkins and Leigh Dineen remain where they are but for how long? Could be in 18 months the yanks say thanks but we'll take over now, sell the best players and bugger off with the proceeds
A rare positive post ! on 13:44 - Apr 12 with 1624 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It isn't just the silence, it is the secrecy and the 75.1%.
That is the equivelent of a total sell out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024