Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For anyone interested in the youngsters.... 11:25 - Apr 13 with 2284 viewsLegend83

...this is what my Yeovil contact had to say about Liam Shepard and Connor Roberts who have been on loan there:

"Liam Shephard is a curious one. I don't see the appeal in him; he rarely stands out in games and I have to be honest, I'm a little disappointed in him since he's come back. We have an 18-year-old on loan from Everton beside Shephard and he is sheer brilliance, wins MOM nearly every week and will be a big star one day. Puts Shephard in the shade a bit, I can't see Swans offering him another deal beyond this one.

Roberts is class. I played at the Golf Day yesterday and followed him around, he's not a bad golfer either. He played every minute of every game up until a couple of weeks ago when he got an international call up... he didn't really want to go, he'd rather have stayed. I can see Roberts playing for the first team one day... maybe next season if he continues his development. He'll win most people's Player of the Year award this season.

ETA: Speaking of Yeovil Town loan signings, I hear on the grapevine that Shaun MacDonald (ex Swansea, now AFC Bournemouth) is heading to Bristol City. Closer to his Welsh roots, and he's resigned to not getting a look in at Dean Court. Shame, as Shaun is one of the nicest players I've ever met in football. "
For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 11:34 - Apr 13 with 2246 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So who is this Everton Youngster?
He sounds like one for the future.
For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 11:38 - Apr 13 with 2233 viewsLegend83

For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 11:34 - Apr 13 by A_Fans_Dad

So who is this Everton Youngster?
He sounds like one for the future.

Kid called Liam Walsh - been at Everton since he was 5.
For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 11:40 - Apr 13 with 2228 viewsLegend83

Would be great to see Roberts pushing on as a long-term replacement for Rangel...
For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 11:43 - Apr 13 with 2222 viewsjasper_T

Liam Walsh

Anyone know what positions Shephard and Roberts are playing now? They're both usually right backs. Either Shephard is playing out of position on the wing or Roberts has gone into midfield (like he was originally for our u18s) maybe?
For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 11:52 - Apr 13 with 2197 viewspikeypaul

Just been on the official Yeovil fc website.

It is up there with the evening post for the worst website I've ever tried to use.

When I read the thread heading I thought it was another Adam Johnson thread.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2016 11:53]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 12:00 - Apr 13 with 2172 viewsLegend83

For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 11:52 - Apr 13 by pikeypaul

Just been on the official Yeovil fc website.

It is up there with the evening post for the worst website I've ever tried to use.

When I read the thread heading I thought it was another Adam Johnson thread.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2016 11:53]

Lol, yeah as I clicked 'Post Thread' I thought the title might result in The Old Bill smashing through my windows and confiscating my PC...
For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 16:32 - Apr 13 with 1971 viewsLegend83

"Yeovil have been playing a 4-3-3 formation.

So Connor Roberts plays as a traditional right back and Liam Shephard is the right sided midfielder of the three in front of him. I thought Shephard might play at RB and Roberts as a "winger" in a 4-4-2 but the boss favours this 4-3-3 and with 32 points in 20 games, he knows better than me what he's talking about... hehe

Yes, it's Liam Walsh. He's tiny and off the pitch, he looks like a schoolboy who has got lost on a stadium tour but he is unbelievably good. We've had a lot of players on loan at Huish Park who have gone on to do well in the Premier League (Mason, Townsend, Caulker, Hennessey, McCarthy, Begovic, Wilson and others) and he could be right up there among them."
For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 16:37 - Apr 13 with 1960 viewsFerryjack

I was speaking to a guy in the Globe last Saturday who was saying how good Connor Roberts is & would expect him to be around the first team squad next season
Login to get fewer ads

For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 17:26 - Apr 13 with 1877 viewsClinton

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about Adam Johnson.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 22:33 - Apr 13 with 1709 viewsjasper_T

For anyone interested in the youngsters.... on 16:32 - Apr 13 by Legend83

"Yeovil have been playing a 4-3-3 formation.

So Connor Roberts plays as a traditional right back and Liam Shephard is the right sided midfielder of the three in front of him. I thought Shephard might play at RB and Roberts as a "winger" in a 4-4-2 but the boss favours this 4-3-3 and with 32 points in 20 games, he knows better than me what he's talking about... hehe

Yes, it's Liam Walsh. He's tiny and off the pitch, he looks like a schoolboy who has got lost on a stadium tour but he is unbelievably good. We've had a lot of players on loan at Huish Park who have gone on to do well in the Premier League (Mason, Townsend, Caulker, Hennessey, McCarthy, Begovic, Wilson and others) and he could be right up there among them."

Their history here would suggest they'd play the other way around, but it makes sense not to shift Roberts if he's been doing so well for them at right-back.

Probably not entirely fair to judge Shephard on his performances as a midfielder, but time is catching up with him and he didn't impress in our Oxford debacle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024