Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack 14:39 - Apr 28 with 3156 viewsCooperman

O_J on this site, AS Ken on the old site, and John in real life has sadly passed away.

John was a resident of Witney, Oxfordshire, however that hasn't stopped him following The Swans home and away for quite some years; he was a ST holder in East upper. John had bravely fought cancer for several years and it was only in the very recent past that it got in the way of his football support. Sadly he passed away peacefully at the John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford yesterday.

RIP John.

[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 14:39]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 14:47 - Apr 28 with 3131 viewsLoyal

RIP fellow jack

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 14:53 - Apr 28 with 3114 viewsFlashberryjack

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 14:47 - Apr 28 by Loyal

RIP fellow jack

RIP YJB

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 15:06 - Apr 28 with 3082 viewsandyofsa6

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 14:53 - Apr 28 by Flashberryjack

RIP YJB

RIP it is always a sad day when a Fellow Jack dies
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 15:09 - Apr 28 with 3078 viewsjack247

RIP John
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 15:44 - Apr 28 with 3048 viewsSmellyplumz

Peace be your journey John.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 15:49 - Apr 28 with 3044 viewsWitneyjack

RIP fellow jack. I wasn't aware there was another Witney resident who supported the Swans!
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 16:29 - Apr 28 with 2995 viewsBrynmill_Jack

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 15:49 - Apr 28 by Witneyjack

RIP fellow jack. I wasn't aware there was another Witney resident who supported the Swans!

You've missed out on a lift buddy there. RIP OJ

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 16:50 - Apr 28 with 2975 viewsepaul

Sad news RIP fellow jack, we've lost one of the family

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 16:59 - Apr 28 with 2960 viewsMervyn

So pleased that John saw his beloved Swans reach the top flight, R I P John
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 19:01 - Apr 28 with 2877 viewsSwanzay

RIP YJB!
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 20:20 - Apr 28 with 2826 viewsmarchamjack

John and I worked together for some years up here in Oxon. We then went our separate ways and only got back in touch through this very site a few years ago. Met up then with John several times on Swans and non-Swans related matters. John was a passionate supporter of the team and his last act when I met him a month or so ago (which seems trivial but meant a lot) was to come up to me at a public meeting I was speaking at, discretely, and hand me a pen, which was a Swans pen, to make sure I wouldn't forget the particular local cause that he was also passionate about (the defence of his village Long Hanborough from property developers). He knew for a long time that he was sadly not long for this world, but outlasted the doctors prognosis by years. You would never know if you had met him during this time. I was glad to have known him and glad to have called him a friend in his later years. RIP John YJB

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 21:56 - Apr 28 with 2747 viewsKilkennyjack

RIP

Beware of the Risen People

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 22:26 - Apr 28 with 2714 viewsKulusBeatFactory

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 20:20 - Apr 28 by marchamjack

John and I worked together for some years up here in Oxon. We then went our separate ways and only got back in touch through this very site a few years ago. Met up then with John several times on Swans and non-Swans related matters. John was a passionate supporter of the team and his last act when I met him a month or so ago (which seems trivial but meant a lot) was to come up to me at a public meeting I was speaking at, discretely, and hand me a pen, which was a Swans pen, to make sure I wouldn't forget the particular local cause that he was also passionate about (the defence of his village Long Hanborough from property developers). He knew for a long time that he was sadly not long for this world, but outlasted the doctors prognosis by years. You would never know if you had met him during this time. I was glad to have known him and glad to have called him a friend in his later years. RIP John YJB

marcham - a class act, as ever
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 22:27 - Apr 28 with 2713 viewsowainglyndwr

RIP.
Does he have a daughter?
The reason that I am asking is because in 2007 I ran the London marathon and a young lady doing physio / Massages after the run for the B H Foundation was from Oxfordshire. ashe said that her family were Swans supporters.
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 23:27 - Apr 28 with 2675 viewsJack_Meoff

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 20:20 - Apr 28 by marchamjack

Fantastic post sir

RIP

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 00:03 - Apr 29 with 2653 viewsLoyal

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 15:49 - Apr 28 by Witneyjack

If your name isn't Adrian you will find there are two more 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 09:25 - Apr 29 with 2574 viewsPegojack

RIP YJB
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 11:55 - Apr 29 with 2538 viewsswanatcarlisle

RIP John
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 14:10 - Apr 29 with 2493 viewsStarsky

RIP Oxfordshire Jack

It's just the internet, init.

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 15:19 - Apr 29 with 2454 viewsDevz00

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 14:10 - Apr 29 by Starsky

RIP Oxfordshire Jack

RIP John. YJB.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 06:22 - Apr 30 with 2344 viewsPhil_S

RIP OJ
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 14:01 - Apr 30 with 2241 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 23:27 - Apr 28 by Jack_Meoff

Fantastic post sir

RIP

Many thanks-it helps a hell of a lot to hear from you all

Richard
Johns Brother
RIP Oxfordshire_Jack on 14:45 - Apr 30 with 2204 viewsEdmundo

RIP fellow Jack👍

Condolences to the family.