Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Coles 18:44 - Apr 28 with 17921 viewsLandore_Jack

Such a shame our club has not paid tribute to Terry Coles by unveiling a Plaque outside the stadium. We cannot forget that terrible event in Rotherham, May 2000. The accident was caused by S.Y.P when Terry was trampled by a horse. A terrible tragedy.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 18:49]

#backtojack

Terry Coles on 18:51 - Apr 28 with 7206 viewsDarran

The club has paid tribute to him in the past.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Terry Coles on 18:53 - Apr 28 with 7190 viewsLandore_Jack

Terry Coles on 18:51 - Apr 28 by Darran

The club has paid tribute to him in the past.

A plaque outside the Liberty would be better. We cannot forget that terrible tragedy.

#backtojack

Terry Coles on 18:58 - Apr 28 with 7172 viewsItchySphincter

It was a tragic accident but a plaque? I understand the depth of feeling towards SYP police but why a plaque? No need for bandwagonning.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Terry Coles on 18:59 - Apr 28 with 7163 viewsDarran

Terry Coles on 18:58 - Apr 28 by ItchySphincter

It was a tragic accident but a plaque? I understand the depth of feeling towards SYP police but why a plaque? No need for bandwagonning.

I tend to agree it was an awful tragedy but no plaque for me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Terry Coles on 19:01 - Apr 28 with 7146 viewsGowerjack

Terry Coles on 18:59 - Apr 28 by Darran

Yes me too.

I was there that day a terrible terrible shame but I dont really see a need for a plaque.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Terry Coles on 19:09 - Apr 28 with 7115 viewsJango

Terry Coles on 19:01 - Apr 28 by Gowerjack

Yes me too.

I was there that day a terrible terrible shame but I dont really see a need for a plaque.

So basically what you're saying is if you die in mass numbers in a tragic accident at a football match you deserve an annual ceremony, continuous news coverage, monuments etc, but if you die alone in a tragic accident at a football match you're not even worthy of a plaque? I agree with the op, a small plaque wouldn't be too hard. And it's hardly bandwagoning, it's the anniversary of his death unless I'm mistaken
Terry Coles on 19:16 - Apr 28 with 7083 viewsGowerjack

Terry Coles on 19:09 - Apr 28 by Jango

So basically what you're saying is if you die in mass numbers in a tragic accident at a football match you deserve an annual ceremony, continuous news coverage, monuments etc, but if you die alone in a tragic accident at a football match you're not even worthy of a plaque? I agree with the op, a small plaque wouldn't be too hard. And it's hardly bandwagoning, it's the anniversary of his death unless I'm mistaken

Gosh

Did I say all that.

Or did you imagine it?

You decide.

Plastic since 1974

Terry Coles on 19:17 - Apr 28 with 7074 viewspencoedjack

Terry Coles on 19:09 - Apr 28 by Jango

Be good if they could do something similar to the millennium stadium did and allow fans to buy an engraved block which could be placed on the walkway around the ground.

That way TC and other Jacks who are watching from upstairs could be remembered.
Login to get fewer ads

Terry Coles on 19:25 - Apr 28 with 7031 viewsGowerjack

Terry Coles on 19:17 - Apr 28 by pencoedjack

Be good if they could do something similar to the millennium stadium did and allow fans to buy an engraved block which could be placed on the walkway around the ground.

That way TC and other Jacks who are watching from upstairs could be remembered.

If we sold enough of them it could pay for the ground expansion as well.

Win Win.

Plastic since 1974

Terry Coles on 19:53 - Apr 28 with 6947 viewsJango

Terry Coles on 19:16 - Apr 28 by Gowerjack

Gosh

Did I say all that.

Or did you imagine it?

You decide.

Sorry wasn't aimed at you directly.
Terry Coles on 20:07 - Apr 28 with 6909 viewsGowerjack

Terry Coles on 19:53 - Apr 28 by Jango

Sorry wasn't aimed at you directly.

Ok mate.

Plastic since 1974

Terry Coles on 21:33 - Apr 28 with 6739 viewsHighjack

I imagine a lot of the police who were responsible for the lies and cover up at hillsborough were still involved in that force 10 years later when Coles was killed up in Rotherham. They have a hell of a lot of blood on their hands.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Terry Coles on 23:09 - Apr 28 with 6583 viewsosj

TC's death was no accident I was a witness and that copper deliberately targeted him, Terry was bent over facing the horse he didn't see a thing the copper saw Terry and targeted him, its as fresh in my mind today as the day it happened I could pick that copper out today I will never forget his face or the tragic events of that day it was not an accident he was unlawfully killed by south Yorkshire police force. RIP Tel.
Terry Coles on 00:03 - Apr 29 with 6502 viewsHighjack

Terry Coles on 23:09 - Apr 28 by osj

TC's death was no accident I was a witness and that copper deliberately targeted him, Terry was bent over facing the horse he didn't see a thing the copper saw Terry and targeted him, its as fresh in my mind today as the day it happened I could pick that copper out today I will never forget his face or the tragic events of that day it was not an accident he was unlawfully killed by south Yorkshire police force. RIP Tel.

Yeah I remember the newspaper and police narrative were almost identical to the bollocks they spouted about Hillsborough, they made him out to be an out of control, violent, drunken hooligan as if he deserved what he got. Not too dissimilar from the Suns "The truth" article. It stinks.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Terry Coles on 00:10 - Apr 29 with 6482 viewsLoyal

Terry Coles on 18:59 - Apr 28 by Darran

It was an accident ffs, we all felt for terry and his family but he was a tragic victim, not 'killed' by anything other than circumstance.

The fact it was some 16 years ago makes me wonder where all our time on planet earth is going ?

RIP Terry YJB.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Terry Coles on 00:41 - Apr 29 with 6462 viewsjackforever

Terry Coles on 00:10 - Apr 29 by Loyal

It was an accident ffs, we all felt for terry and his family but he was a tragic victim, not 'killed' by anything other than circumstance.

The fact it was some 16 years ago makes me wonder where all our time on planet earth is going ?

RIP Terry YJB.

Should a horse that size have gone that speed into a group of people in a relatively confined space?
Terry Coles on 01:21 - Apr 29 with 6437 viewsLoyal

Terry Coles on 00:41 - Apr 29 by jackforever

Should a horse that size have gone that speed into a group of people in a relatively confined space?

Did it ?

Edit.

I'm not going to get in to a chat about the whys and wherefores, I know two members of the family and won't be drawn in to idle chit chat on here about his death. Out of respect you understand.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2016 1:27]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Terry Coles on 01:31 - Apr 29 with 6428 viewsjackforever

Terry Coles on 01:21 - Apr 29 by Loyal

Did it ?

Edit.

I'm not going to get in to a chat about the whys and wherefores, I know two members of the family and won't be drawn in to idle chit chat on here about his death. Out of respect you understand.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2016 1:27]

Of course. I was there that day and i had no idea what exactly had happened as got to the ground late but had a feeling something wasnt right. To find out later on was horrific. Rip TC.
Terry Coles on 01:36 - Apr 29 with 6416 viewsLoyal

Terry Coles on 01:31 - Apr 29 by jackforever

Of course. I was there that day and i had no idea what exactly had happened as got to the ground late but had a feeling something wasnt right. To find out later on was horrific. Rip TC.

Best left now mate, it was an awful day. 👍

Terry Coles on 08:57 - Apr 29 with 6228 viewsswancity

Another disgraceful sequence of lies and cover ups by the SY Police. How the hell did they get away with it?

I was at the game and getting to the ground at about 2-45 our fans had to walk down a narrow alley with high walls down either side. A builders skip had been left there with rubble and some fans were throwing stuff. It was a negligent action by the policeman on that horse to move into that narrow crowded area. An innocent man was killed as a direct result of that negligence. Young children could easily have also been trampled. I was with my son who was 9 at the time.

Does anyone know how the Police managed to lie their way out of that one?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Terry Coles on 09:33 - Apr 29 with 6176 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Terry Coles on 08:57 - Apr 29 by swancity

Another disgraceful sequence of lies and cover ups by the SY Police. How the hell did they get away with it?

I was at the game and getting to the ground at about 2-45 our fans had to walk down a narrow alley with high walls down either side. A builders skip had been left there with rubble and some fans were throwing stuff. It was a negligent action by the policeman on that horse to move into that narrow crowded area. An innocent man was killed as a direct result of that negligence. Young children could easily have also been trampled. I was with my son who was 9 at the time.

Does anyone know how the Police managed to lie their way out of that one?

I didn't know much about the incident bar the official "accident" line but if the space was confined there's absolutely NO WAY a blinkered hefty police horse should ever be sent into such a space where there are men women and children milling around.

Was there an inquiry? If not there ought to be. No one should innocently go to a football match never return home.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Terry Coles on 09:39 - Apr 29 with 6159 viewsswancity

Terry Coles on 09:33 - Apr 29 by Brynmill_Jack

I didn't know much about the incident bar the official "accident" line but if the space was confined there's absolutely NO WAY a blinkered hefty police horse should ever be sent into such a space where there are men women and children milling around.

Was there an inquiry? If not there ought to be. No one should innocently go to a football match never return home.

I'm not sure how far they got with it.

...and how the Police wriggled out of it? Absolutely negligent. Tragic but not quite simply an 'accident' in my opinion.

Does anyone know?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Terry Coles on 09:42 - Apr 29 with 6150 viewsLandore_Jack

[Post edited 29 Apr 2016 9:58]

#backtojack

Terry Coles on 09:52 - Apr 29 with 6133 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Terry Coles on 09:42 - Apr 29 by Landore_Jack

That's no place to be taking a tank on four legs. If the inquiry thought that was OK they'd best hold it again.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Terry Coles on 10:14 - Apr 29 with 6103 viewsItchySphincter

Terry Coles on 09:42 - Apr 29 by Landore_Jack

I went to Rotherham for one of the last games of the season before and it was the only reason I didn't go back up for that game that day. We were hereded through those alleys and police horses were used in large numbers to intimidate the crowds. You'd turn around and they'd be backing on to you. The mounted police knew what they were doing and let's just say it was a technique. It was highly dangerous and an accident waiting to happen but it wasn't unusual back then. There were also skips dotted atround full is scrap metal. Crazy times. The football ground in Rotherham these days is light years away from that now.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024