Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junior Hoilett - free transfer 09:04 - May 5 with 9903 viewsKGriz16

https://mobile.twitter.com/br_uk/status/728130445414535170

B/R Exclusive from @DeanJonesBR: Junior Hoilett set to join Swansea City on a free in the summer

https://amp.twimg.com/v/cf250ce4-21fd-4613-9e12-4a867f9e0a9a
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 11:08 - May 5 with 1944 viewsWarwickHunt

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 11:01 - May 5 by Morfa_Same

Disappointing signing if it happens. He's hardly been tearing up the championship over the last year and neither is he a low wage earner.

It's difficult to see beyond more seasons of struggle until there's a big shift in our transfer policy and our scouting network.
[Post edited 5 May 2016 11:03]

Would bring the impending non-appointment of Guidolin into even sharper relief.

F*cking bizarre.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 11:21 - May 5 with 1910 viewsdobjack2

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 10:49 - May 5 by golly47

Mark Albrighton, Danny Drinkwater and Danny Simpson are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Now they are premier league winners. I think the whole attitude to criticize players should be taken with a pinch of salt. Hes was great a blackburn, not so bad at QPR. However, produces twice the work effort of Gomis with half of his wages.

Does hoilett fit our style of play is the question and only our manager for next season can really answer it.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 12:00 - May 5 with 1849 viewsClinton

PS posters disappointed by potential signing.
Who'd have thought it?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 12:03 - May 5 with 1848 viewspencoedjack

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 10:33 - May 5 by tomdickharry

Not much good in the Championship,if we are looking for a wide player Redmond of Norwich if they go down,far better player.

The limited amount of time I have seen Ayew at Villa looks a decent player as well.

Saying that to shine in that shower of shite probably doesn't take much.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 12:08 - May 5 with 1834 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 09:16 - May 5 by Pegojack

Disappointing if true. Never impressed me particularly.

Are QPR the new Middlesbrough as far as our chief scout is concerned? Are we taking any more of their cast offs?

King Kenny is back on the transfer committee

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 13:04 - May 5 with 1721 viewsjackjackjackjack

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 10:43 - May 5 by jasper_T

When has our manager ever mattered when it comes to stupid signings?

I guess after Laudrup came along with all those far too good Spanish types, we've given up on having managers who manage.

Now we seem to want to have coach who can try and get the best out of the drivel that Huw and co. sign.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 13:08 - May 5 with 1715 viewsdailew

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 13:04 - May 5 by jackjackjackjack

I guess after Laudrup came along with all those far too good Spanish types, we've given up on having managers who manage.

Now we seem to want to have coach who can try and get the best out of the drivel that Huw and co. sign.

"Now we seem to want to have coach who can try and get the best out of the drivel that Huw and co. sign."

Now that is drivel.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 13:15 - May 5 with 1705 viewsjack247

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 12:00 - May 5 by Clinton

PS posters disappointed by potential signing.
Who'd have thought it?

I'm not necessary disappointed by the signing. He was very highly rated and then went quiet. I don't know enough about the player to judge. What I'm disappointed in is that if this is a genuine link, we appear to be in the market for players without a manager. It may be of course, that a deal has been worked out with Rodgers, Guidolin or someone else and they are happy with the signing.
Login to get fewer ads

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 13:32 - May 5 with 1672 viewscostalotta

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 13:08 - May 5 by dailew

"Now we seem to want to have coach who can try and get the best out of the drivel that Huw and co. sign."

Now that is drivel.

No it's no. It's a pretty good description actually.

Let's compare... Laudrup signs Michu, Huw signs Eder, laudrup signs pablo, Huw signs Emnes, laudrup signs Chico, Huw signs Tabanou. Which 3 would your prefer in your team?
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:13 - May 5 with 1590 viewsJango

Why would we want a winger who has the obvious potential to score and assist goals when we have routledge who's does neither.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:15 - May 5 with 1583 viewsLandore_Jack

Robson-Kanu will be the next player to be linked.

#backtojack

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:17 - May 5 with 1573 viewsSheffieldjack

If there's any truth in this and it's an indication of our upcoming transfer policy, then we're doomed.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:23 - May 5 with 1560 viewsjasper_T

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:13 - May 5 by Jango

Why would we want a winger who has the obvious potential to score and assist goals when we have routledge who's does neither.

Who is this winger we want that can score and assist?
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:27 - May 5 with 1548 viewsmagicdaps10

If we were to sign both Hoilet and Robson-Kanu then we are in for a difficult season again.

One of the two i can accept, to a degree understand due to the need to have our quota of home grown players. If Hoilet was to sign then surely it is goodbye Emnes.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:28 - May 5 with 1547 viewsjack247

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:13 - May 5 by Jango

The amount of fans we have that can't see what Routledge brings to the team amazes me.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:39 - May 5 with 1472 viewsJango

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:23 - May 5 by jasper_T

Who is this winger we want that can score and assist?

I said obvious potential! Only a couple of years ago he was on fifas list of 12 youngsters with most potential. It hasn't happened at qpr for whatever reason, if he comes on give him a chance ffs
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:42 - May 5 with 1466 viewsJango

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:28 - May 5 by jack247

The amount of fans we have that can't see what Routledge brings to the team amazes me.

It amazes me the amount of fans that accept the fact that because he makes some good runs during a game opening up a bit of space then he's deserved of a starting spot. Fact is he's a premiership winger who can't take on a man, can't cross, can't use his left foot, doesn't assist, doesn't score, can't head, brings nothing defensively, I could go on
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:50 - May 5 with 1456 viewsjack247

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:42 - May 5 by Jango

It amazes me the amount of fans that accept the fact that because he makes some good runs during a game opening up a bit of space then he's deserved of a starting spot. Fact is he's a premiership winger who can't take on a man, can't cross, can't use his left foot, doesn't assist, doesn't score, can't head, brings nothing defensively, I could go on

Does the amount of managers that pick him amaze you too?
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:00 - May 5 with 1446 viewsjasper_T

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:39 - May 5 by Jango

I said obvious potential! Only a couple of years ago he was on fifas list of 12 youngsters with most potential. It hasn't happened at qpr for whatever reason, if he comes on give him a chance ffs

Ah, "obvious" "potential", I see.

Let's ignore all evidence from actually watching him play, then.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:02 - May 5 with 1442 viewsjasper_T

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:27 - May 5 by magicdaps10

If we were to sign both Hoilet and Robson-Kanu then we are in for a difficult season again.

One of the two i can accept, to a degree understand due to the need to have our quota of home grown players. If Hoilet was to sign then surely it is goodbye Emnes.

We literally don't need to have a "quota of homegrown players". The rules encourage including homegrown players in squads, but don't require it.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:02 - May 5 with 1441 viewsdameedna

Routledge is one of the reasons we survived top season from the geezer

Hoilett is something to think about I see him as high potential then again I was a big fan of Jermaine Easter who I thought we should have kept on
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:10 - May 5 with 1423 viewsJango

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:50 - May 5 by jack247

Does the amount of managers that pick him amaze you too?

Well It's obviously been an area where we've trying to improve for a number of seasons! Montero was brought in, as was ayew. He never got a look in under Rodgers. When Montero is brought in routledge gets dropped. So it doesn't amaze me that the managers pick him because they've had to really. What amazes me is that a player who couldn't get near the team in our first year in the league is now a regular 4 years on when there's been no improvement in his play. He works hard but he's not a premiership winger full stop.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:14 - May 5 with 1412 viewsJango

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:00 - May 5 by jasper_T

Ah, "obvious" "potential", I see.

Let's ignore all evidence from actually watching him play, then.

Well he has got potential, he was great at Blackburn. Just hasn't worked out at qpr. Just look at Leicesters team to realise that you don't have to go out and buy superstars everytime. If we'd have tried to sign a Danny Simpson last year people like you would have had a turn
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:38 - May 5 with 1375 viewsmagicdaps10

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:02 - May 5 by jasper_T

We literally don't need to have a "quota of homegrown players". The rules encourage including homegrown players in squads, but don't require it.

http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/quota_for_Premier_League.htm

You have said this before, we have to have a quota of at least 8 homegrown players who are over the age of 21.

Those players can be of any nationality as long as they have a 3 yr association with a English football pyramid club before they turn 21.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:44 - May 5 with 1363 viewsjack247

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:10 - May 5 by Jango

Well It's obviously been an area where we've trying to improve for a number of seasons! Montero was brought in, as was ayew. He never got a look in under Rodgers. When Montero is brought in routledge gets dropped. So it doesn't amaze me that the managers pick him because they've had to really. What amazes me is that a player who couldn't get near the team in our first year in the league is now a regular 4 years on when there's been no improvement in his play. He works hard but he's not a premiership winger full stop.

So basically, we have tried to improve on him for 4 years but not been able to. Yet he isn't a PL quality winger? By the way I'd say Pablo was an upgrade on his day, but was horribly brittle and inconsistent.

Junior Hoilett, who has 12 goals in 4 years for QPR, 10 of which were in the Championship however...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024