Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junior Hoilett - free transfer 09:04 - May 5 with 9904 viewsKGriz16

https://mobile.twitter.com/br_uk/status/728130445414535170

B/R Exclusive from @DeanJonesBR: Junior Hoilett set to join Swansea City on a free in the summer

https://amp.twimg.com/v/cf250ce4-21fd-4613-9e12-4a867f9e0a9a
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:52 - May 5 with 1877 viewsjasper_T

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:38 - May 5 by magicdaps10

http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/quota_for_Premier_League.htm

You have said this before, we have to have a quota of at least 8 homegrown players who are over the age of 21.

Those players can be of any nationality as long as they have a 3 yr association with a English football pyramid club before they turn 21.

These rules are maximum allowances.

We don't have to register 25 players (8 of which must be "homegrown").

Spaces can be left blank. Under 21s don't have to be registered, and don't count towards allowances. We don't play enough fixtures to require 25-30 players during a six-month period (changes can be made to registration in January).

We have lots of homegrown senior players already (Naughton, Williams, Taylor, Cork, Britton, Gylfi, Routledge, Dyer). There is no reason to buy Hal Robson-Kanu ffs.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:54 - May 5 with 1876 viewsjasper_T

"As of next season clubs will be required to have a squad named of UP TO 25 players, of which no more than 17 can be over the age of 21 and not home grown. The definition of home grown is trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system” - Richard Scudamore in that link you posted.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:02 - May 5 with 1856 viewsStarsky

I tell you this much...
The Swansea way over the last 12 years has been to pick up players who haven't produced for their teams for one reason or another.
Scott Sinclair being the classic example. His goals helped get us into the Premier league.
However...
1: You can't keep trying to sign players like this in the Premier league, we won't get away with it anymore. Well end up wasting limited funds and restricted squad levels on players that can turn it on for about 6 games a season.
2: what the fack are we doing looking at players before a new manager is in place.
3: Huw... Disband your scouting team, including yourself, immediately. Your scouting skills aren't Premier standard.
[Post edited 5 May 2016 16:02]

It's just the internet, init.

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:04 - May 5 with 1845 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:02 - May 5 by Starsky

I tell you this much...
The Swansea way over the last 12 years has been to pick up players who haven't produced for their teams for one reason or another.
Scott Sinclair being the classic example. His goals helped get us into the Premier league.
However...
1: You can't keep trying to sign players like this in the Premier league, we won't get away with it anymore. Well end up wasting limited funds and restricted squad levels on players that can turn it on for about 6 games a season.
2: what the fack are we doing looking at players before a new manager is in place.
3: Huw... Disband your scouting team, including yourself, immediately. Your scouting skills aren't Premier standard.
[Post edited 5 May 2016 16:02]

His ego says otherwise!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:08 - May 5 with 1839 viewsStarsky

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:04 - May 5 by Brynmill_Jack

His ego says otherwise!

He's about to sell his ego to the yanks. So maybe he'll be told to leave it to the manager

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:18 - May 5 with 1817 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge has been a fine contributor for us over the five years since he joined, but last season wasn't his best.

Decent enough player to have around in the squad, but if he's starting as many games next season as he did in this one then something will probably have gone wrong.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:21 - May 5 with 1803 viewsStarsky

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:18 - May 5 by Dr_Winston

Routledge has been a fine contributor for us over the five years since he joined, but last season wasn't his best.

Decent enough player to have around in the squad, but if he's starting as many games next season as he did in this one then something will probably have gone wrong.

Funnily enough, Laudrup seemed to get the best out of Routs.
I reckon, technically, is the best of our wingers

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:25 - May 5 with 1794 viewsMorfa_Same

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 12:00 - May 5 by Clinton

PS posters disappointed by potential signing.
Who'd have thought it?

There's nothing wrong with signing players from lower leagues (see Vardy for evidence of that) but any signings should be either
a) Standing out at the level they're at, or
b) Young enough to have potential.

We keep signing players from the championship that are neither. That's a recipe for a steady decline.
Login to get fewer ads

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:36 - May 5 with 1777 viewsjack247

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:21 - May 5 by Starsky

He is. However he doesn't have the explosive acceleration of Montero or Barrow, or Ayews finishing ability.

Anyway, the real issue here is that we are apparently trying to sign players without a manager in place, rather than who we are looking at or who they are likely to replace.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:38 - May 5 with 1771 viewsWarwickHunt

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:18 - May 5 by Dr_Winston

One of an unhealthy number who should have been squad players rather than first choices for the last couple of seasons.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 17:12 - May 5 with 1725 viewsblaine_scfc

Had a feeling we would be signing him this summer. Been talk for a while.

Been poor for QPR from what I have seen, in both the Premier League and Championship.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 17:29 - May 5 with 1712 viewsmonmouth

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 14:15 - May 5 by Landore_Jack

Robson-Kanu will be the next player to be linked.

Adomah if Boro crash and burn.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 17:33 - May 5 with 1711 viewsmonmouth

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:21 - May 5 by Starsky

Makes the most intelligent runs of any of our players, and Laudrup played to that. Since then his runs have been largely ignored...Arsenal this year a glorious exception. I like Wayne Routledge. He's lost some pace now though so is on the downslope.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 18:00 - May 5 with 1692 viewstomdickharry

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 17:29 - May 5 by monmouth

Now your talking.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 19:21 - May 5 with 1607 viewsSheffieldjack

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 16:25 - May 5 by Morfa_Same

There's nothing wrong with signing players from lower leagues (see Vardy for evidence of that) but any signings should be either
a) Standing out at the level they're at, or
b) Young enough to have potential.

We keep signing players from the championship that are neither. That's a recipe for a steady decline.

Totally agree....although if this rumour is a foretaste of our coming transfer policy the decline will be dramatic rather than steady.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 19:47 - May 5 with 1583 viewsEdmundo

Replacement for Dyer ?

Wouldn't be the worst signing if on far less than the wage mentioned.

Probably complete guff anyway.......loads more rumours to could out of the Mill yet!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 21:38 - May 5 with 1478 viewsjackrabbit

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 09:24 - May 5 by jack247

Been a lot of snippets about Hoilett lately. Begs the question (if true) who is signing these players? Let's get a manager in first. You would have thought we would have learned from having our fingers burned like this before.

He seems to have been around for ever - surely he must be Senior Hoilett by now?
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 22:01 - May 5 with 1449 viewsLandore_Jack

That Boro left back is a good player. He was named in the Championship team of the year.
[Post edited 5 May 2016 22:02]

#backtojack

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 22:14 - May 5 with 1425 viewsmax936

Apparently Liverpool are looking to offload Jordan Ibe, 100 times a better option plus he's younger bigger and a powerfull lad, bit head strong though reading between the lines.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 23:16 - May 5 with 1382 viewsjasper_T

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 22:14 - May 5 by max936

Apparently Liverpool are looking to offload Jordan Ibe, 100 times a better option plus he's younger bigger and a powerfull lad, bit head strong though reading between the lines.

Never done much whenever I've watched him. Can beat a man sometimes, but rarely does anything with it afterwards.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 23:26 - May 5 with 1366 viewsLoyal

Ah, Adomah, never heard of him, obviously never been linked with us before 😂👀
Any good ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 23:41 - May 5 with 1351 viewsmax936

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 23:16 - May 5 by jasper_T

Never done much whenever I've watched him. Can beat a man sometimes, but rarely does anything with it afterwards.

Ok Mr Jenkins, I just thought I'd mention it after having read he story.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 04:06 - May 6 with 1292 viewsWanderer

keep the money in the pocket and watch the Euros this summer, if there looks to be a bargain in the offing.....other wise all speculation and i'll turn off till August.
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 08:42 - May 6 with 1236 viewsWarwickHunt

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 04:06 - May 6 by Wanderer

keep the money in the pocket and watch the Euros this summer, if there looks to be a bargain in the offing.....other wise all speculation and i'll turn off till August.

If someone shines at the Euros they won't be available at a bargain price...
Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 08:54 - May 6 with 1210 viewsmagicdaps10

Junior Hoilett - free transfer on 15:52 - May 5 by jasper_T

These rules are maximum allowances.

We don't have to register 25 players (8 of which must be "homegrown").

Spaces can be left blank. Under 21s don't have to be registered, and don't count towards allowances. We don't play enough fixtures to require 25-30 players during a six-month period (changes can be made to registration in January).

We have lots of homegrown senior players already (Naughton, Williams, Taylor, Cork, Britton, Gylfi, Routledge, Dyer). There is no reason to buy Hal Robson-Kanu ffs.

I understand that we dont have to have a squad of 25 players that is a maximum of players aged over 21 who are born after a certain date.

What i am stating is that 8 of those players have to be in the category of home grown. As you state and name that we have loads of homegrown players, i count 8 in your list which i would hardly class as loads!!

Dyer's future is up in the air and a couple more could still find themselves moving on whether by choice or not. It is always paramount that in recruitment that one mind should be on homegrown players because as stated we need 8 to make up a squad whether we have our maximum of 25 or not.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024